The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

South Korea Bases

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

South Korea Bases

Post by phantomfreak »

Uploaded to the server this morning.

A little project I've been working on the last few months. I think I've done most of the Army, Air Force, and Navy bases of the South Korean armed forces. Well at least the ones that haven't been done. I updated a couple of the older MAIW ones, to get them a little more realistic, well as much as google and the scenery libraries allow. Should fill a nice little hole, and a place to park all those Black Hawks I also uploaded.
Bazinga!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: South Korea Bases

Post by Firebird »

Nice one. Thanks a lot.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Gents,
I have a GUID for a mdl and I can't identify the lib used can anybody help?

The GUID is 73327d21-6262-44d8-9de2-4b85fb015f45.

Also some useful info for those using this pack, the RKTN Hang Lib 18.bgl mentioned in the readme can be found on Avsim in the file "daegu_2019_edition.zip" by David Kolas. Thanks to Jason for providing this info.
Steve
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Jim »

Firebird wrote: 05 Dec 2021, 09:36 Gents,
I have a GUID for a mdl and I can't identify the lib used can anybody help?

The GUID is 73327d21-6262-44d8-9de2-4b85fb015f45.

Also some useful info for those using this pack, the RKTN Hang Lib 18.bgl mentioned in the readme can be found on Avsim in the file "daegu_2019_edition.zip" by David Kolas. Thanks to Jason for providing this info.
I don't have that item in my libraries either Steve, but I am missing "Rub Hanagr 55M Open Open.bgl". I wonder if it is in there?
Jim

p.s. This all seems to work in P3Dv4.5 for me (with flatten/no-autogen polys added), thanks Jason, except my sim crashes when RKRY is installed - even if I go to nearby airfields. No big deal, otherwise great! Just wondering whether it's only me.
fltaccent
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by fltaccent »

Thank you very much.
You did a great job.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The Rub hangar is mine, but from what I understand from Steve, the FSX version has been used in an FS9 scenery. It would have been better if the FS9 object were used and placed as a scenery object. If a library is used, then the readme really ought to provide a link to it, or permission sought to include it in the package. In this case, there is no uploaded library. Steve is working with Jason to solve that problem, along with a few others.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jim,
It seems the Rubbs were never an officially released lib. It was made available to some developers but never released.

I am liaising with both Jason and JY to see the best way to achieve the best result for everybody. At the moment it is still in the fact gathering stage.
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Firebird wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 10:59 Jim,
It seems the Rubbs were never an officially released lib. It was made available to some developers but never released.

I am liaising with both Jason and JY to see the best way to achieve the best result for everybody. At the moment it is still in the fact gathering stage.
This Hangar is in the MAIW Siauili pack but included in the ADE bgl. Not il a library.

John have send me this hangar in mdl format some years ago but I use it only for my personnal use (I don't have authorisation to distribute it).
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm more than happy for people to utilise my Rubb Hangars in their uploaded sceneries and indeed, a number of people have. My preference I think was that they be placed as model objects in ADE. It's just as easy and that way, no one has to worry about libraries.

John
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Jim,
I am getting a CTD with RKRY, I tried it with just an afcad file without scenery and it crashes. Still sorting it out, so once I get it figured out, I'll post it.
Bazinga!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jason, just checked it and got the same as yourself.
It initially hung at 68% loading scenery before crashing. This was in daylight.

The only weird thing I noticed was that when I selected RKRY from the menu the ID then showed as R 501, which when I checked is the FS9 default name for that airport with the designation of RK1H.

Now I did some testing and found that RK1H doesn't seem to have an airfield reference point. I could be wrong but I couldn't find it, although one is listed.
I also split the RKRY scenery and found that the crash happened with the airfield portion active but was OK with either the RKRY objects loaded or the default RK1H.

So the conflict appears to be between the default RK1H and your airfield addon but I can't see where it is at the moment.
Steve
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

Thanks everyone,
Regarding the Rub Hangars, using MCX I managed to extract the three models from MAIW_EYSA_ADE9.BGL and their two textures; made a wee library bgl from them and copied to Korea.
Jim
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I did an initial test in P3D knowing these are designed for FS9. Launched out of RKNN and turned west to check out Osan AB, then got a CTD. Nothing logged on Appcrash so more testing. I'll test before I start on FPs for the recent ROK Blackhawks.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Firebird wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 10:09 Jason, just checked it and got the same as yourself.

The only weird thing I noticed was that when I selected RKRY from the menu the ID then showed as R 501, which when I checked is the FS9 default name for that airport with the designation of RK1H.

Now I did some testing and found that RK1H doesn't seem to have an airfield reference point. I could be wrong but I couldn't find it, although one is listed.
I also split the RKRY scenery and found that the crash happened with the airfield portion active but was OK with either the RKRY objects loaded or the default RK1H.

So the conflict appears to be between the default RK1H and your airfield addon but I can't see where it is at the moment.
That's where I am with this, I may try changing it to RK1H and see what happens.
Bazinga!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

The Rub hangars were available in MATRIX. They were(are for those who still use it) in "\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_OBJECTS_CUSTOM\Scenery" and the specific library is "JYAI Custom Scenery Objects_FSX.BGL"
I do not believe this library was ever released outside of MATRIX.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There will be a release of the Rubb hangars for all sims in the very near future.
Just a tidy up is in process of the original shadow releases.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Firebird wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 10:09 Jason, just checked it and got the same as yourself.

The airfield reference point is underneath the tower symbol.

Jim

Been playing a bit more with RKRY and deleting objects etc until just main runway and the parking to the East. All works fine.
So nothing fundamentally wrong. Gradually replacing the objects to find, hopefully, the culprit.

Jim

Further investigation....

Did a Complex Split on the compile separating out to the 5 file types.

Added in the files individually, all OK until I added in the .TXN (Parking and the Taxi Network) then got the CTD.
So the problem is somewhere there. I'll get back to it tomorrow. Unless someone else manages overnight.

Hope this has helped

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

jimrodger wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 20:02
Firebird wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 10:09
The airfield reference point is underneath the tower symbol.

Jim

Ah yes the cunningly hidden ARP. Thanks, Jim.
Steve
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

The short runway needed to be extended to 500 feet. I guess the sim doesn't like a runway less than 500 feet in length.
Bazinga!
Jim
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jim »

petebramley wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 16:18

The Rub hangars were available in MATRIX. They were(are for those who still use it) in "\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_OBJECTS_CUSTOM\Scenery" and the specific library is "JYAI Custom Scenery Objects_FSX.BGL"
I do not believe this library was ever released outside of MATRIX.

So there are. The ones in the MAIW Siauili pack seem to be different though.