The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Waypoints Question/Request

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Waypoints Question/Request

Post by col1948 »

I've not been here for a good while so please forgive me. I started playing with isn't easy, after a lot of getting nowhere I decided to to return to FS.
Last night I downloaded a fair few aircraft and scenery for my FS9, I am turning it into a more military sim, I have not much idea on mil stuff but I'll give it a go lol.
I seem to remember a while back I got some waypoints and had aircraft doing TnG's to them, they were the invisible type, I can't find them any more, I must have lost them along with other stuff when my HD went down.
Can you point me in the right direction where they might be, or are they in a package somewhere, I can remember using some to do my own AI TnG's and got really in to using them?

I appreciate all the stuff you guys do on here and after the downloads last night I was so pleased I sent a donation, no need to thank me I owe the thanks to you guys.

Col.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Waypoints Question/Request

Post by Firebird »

As far as I am aware, although I could be mistaken, there was never a single package for waypoints that we used/created. There were some collections of them and some packs had multiples in them.

The pack that I can think of that had quite a few was JYs UK Typhoon pack, JYAI_Typhoons_United_Kingdom_FS9_1.zip, if the ones you are after are in there then great if not then maybe you can tell us what you are missing.

In the worst case scenario, it would mean downloading each pack and seeing what is in each.
I was needing to find things so often that I did exactly that and unpacked them to a HD so that any plane, scheme, waypoint and scenery was easily accessible. The whole thing takes up over 29GB which would probably have been an issue back in 2004 but far less so today.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am2Fnz2wsOPB82KMudb ... 5?e=tm51Gs

Link to some waypoints, some airfields may have snuck in by mistake!!!

Hope this helps.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Wow thank you Jim, those are great, that will keep me busy lol.

I think I found the ones I was thinking of too, I found a UKMIl folder that goes in the AddonScenery/Scenery folder and they were in that, sorry I thought I got them from MAIW, blame my age lol.

I just flew in to EBBL Kleine-Brogel, never flew in there before, like a country estate, the trees clipped the wings, good job it wasn't real life lol.

Col.
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Another waypoint question: I have 2 waypoints off the Dutch coast (4AA) & one further away (4HE). I use AIFPv3 for my flight plans, I go to collect airports and as far as I can tell it gets them among others.
Now when I do a plan for example an aircraft leaves DeKooy to do a TnG and any of these they are not recognised yet other WP's are.
does anyone know if it is a fault on the WP or AIFP?

Col
Attachments
AF2_4HE.bgl
(422 Bytes) Downloaded 15 times
AF2_4AA.bgl
(431 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

How do you know that it was collected?

The reason that I ask is that I added those two waypoints to my active waypoints folder and then Collected the Airports.
At the end of the process I checked the AirportList_AddOns.dat file and searched for them and they were both in there.
When i tried to add a leg to a flight plan the details were populated by AIFP.

So without modifying your files in anyway they were successfully added and were able to be used by AIFP.

What i would do first is to check your AirportList_AddOns.dat file. If they are in there then they can be used in plans. If they are not in there then something went wrong in your collecting process.
Steve
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

TY Steve, It must be the way I'm trying to add them, I just checked and they are not there, I've had this before and sometimes it gets the ones I add other times I have to do it again.
Thanks for trying mate I appreciate it.

Col.
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Seems it was the way I was saving, I selected to search for ICAO instead, this set off a scanner, took longer but this time I got them, and before anyone says, "Read the manual" yes I do tend not to lol so I did this time.

Col.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

To be honest the best way to ensure that is to always collect airports using the Scenery Library option.

This has two advantages. Firstly, if it doesn't get found then you know that the folder it is in is not active. Secondly, if you have multiple afcads for the same place active it will show at the end of the collection process and you can sort that out to avoid troubles.
Steve