The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ADE configuration qst

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

ADE configuration qst

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

I'm using ADE for my FS9 scenery design.

I don't have FSX or P3D. But how can I simulate the presence fo these two sim for my ADE. So What do I do to open a FSX bgl or a P3D bgl with my ADE ? (just add a fictive fsx.exe file anywhere ? and for P3D ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: ADE configuration qst

Post by Firebird »

If I remember correctly it looks for the registry entries for each version in your registry.
Also FSX and P3D require the relevant SDK installed for each of those.

However, I am thinking that you just want to open afcads from those sims and save them to FS9 standard and keep the xml for mods. Am I correct?

If so, I just loaded up in FS9 mode and an ADE4 afcad and it loads up OK. Have you tried it?
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Firebird wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 11:26 If I remember correctly it looks for the registry entries for each version in your registry.
Also FSX and P3D require the relevant SDK installed for each of those.

Thanks for this answer

Firebird wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 11:26However, I am thinking that you just want to open afcads from those sims and save them to FS9 standard and keep the xml for mods. Am I correct?
It's doesn't work any time. If there is FSX or P3D objects used they don't open in FS9 mode.

Firebird wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 11:26If so, I just loaded up in FS9 mode and an ADE4 afcad and it loads up OK. Have you tried it?
I've tried with several ADE4P bgl fil. Some are working. Some not. because of presence of FSX objects.
I've tried to convert them in XML before with BGL2XML of with FSXtoFS9 but it doesn't work.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK I think I know what you are doing.
FSX2FS9 does not touch objects. What it does is convert the afcads from FSX to FS9 format.

The objects from an ADEP4 OBJ bgl are from libraries in that format, or compatible FSX format libraries.
These would have to be converted themselves into FS9 libs, as would the textures, then the XML would need to amended to take into account any GUID changes when you convert from one version of a lib to another.

It is not a simple thing to do. You can do it but it takes time.

The first thing to do is to make sure that you set up ADE to save seperate Airport and Object files in your settings. Also make sure that you set to save your xml files. This is important becuase even if you get a compile error the xml will still be saved and you can modify it and compile it separately wit xml2bgl.

I would make sure you are setup correctly and then load a bgl that you know has objects in it.
Then 'Compile' it. You will get errors but you should get two xml files, so make a note of what the Project name is so that you can find them.
Steve
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Yes I understand all of that.

But If I've a unique BGL compiled for P3D (ADEP4) (not a separate OBJ bgl) I can'y open it with my FS9 ADE.

I just want to open these ADEP4 or ADEX with ADE and save them in ADE9 format (for my personnal use). I can convert the objects models and texture.
But I want to open the BGL. I'm trying to convert ADEP4 or ADEX to XML to remove FSX object... but I can't... That 's this I want find a solution.

(PS Sorry for my bad English)