The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW RAF EGUN Mildenhall Problem(s)

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
expat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

MAIW RAF EGUN Mildenhall Problem(s)

Post by expat »

Driving me crazy. These are all great sceneries - Lakenheath, Alconbury, Upper Heyford. Impressive work. Using P3Dv4.5.

However I am experiencing several problems with EGUN. First, last week I lost most or all buildings. Not sure what I did but they all came back, but now I have lost the C hangars trying to fix some other things. The second issue is the GSE are all black. Have searched all over this forum and tried various suggestions - adding JGSE and GJSE textures into the EGUN texture folder, eliminating duplicate JGSE.bgl's in other addon sceneries. Along the way I have now lost the large C hangars but have most, not all of the other buildings I should have. Lastly, the SR-71 sheds aren't there but have read they should be included - I am using EGUN for some Blackbird OPS. I tried to add a MAIW hangar for the Habu's using the Library Object Manager but the scenery won't compile as it has 369 aprons and the limit is 254 apparently.

Appreciate if anyone has any suggestions.

expat
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW RAF EGUN Mildenhall Problem(s)

Post by TimC340 »

Firstly, check if there is any other version of EGUN on your system - particularly if you have any Orbx scenery, but any other version may corrupt what appears in sim. Stuff like GSE libraries are better installed as part of the MAIW Global Library set as they are used in loads of MAIW sceneries (and others). If you have Matrix (sadly no longer available) it's already been converted to P3D format. If you have the FSX versions, very often the models don't work in later variants of P3Dv4 and 5 and need to be converted in MCX to v4.4 format.

Run the scenery library in the EGUN scenery folder through MCX and see if that sorts it. If you've never used MCX, there are several guides around as to how to do it - including on here. It's pretty simple.
expat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by expat »

All good suggestions - will try these - thanks Tim.
expat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by expat »

Well I followed all these suggested steps, carefully and correctly, but still missing buildings and have black ground equipment. Also, it is a big problem that the airport can't compile due to the excess number of aprons, so you can't for example tweak the parking and other features.

Though John Young kindly added some updates in his MC-130J Mildenhall package for the scenery I think I will have to wait until someone does the air base from scratch for P3Dv4.

Very interested to hear if others have this working well in P3Dv4.

expat
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I use the UK2000 version from VFR vol 2 (with modified parking to reflect the MAIW AFCAD, I think). The 255-apron limit is an ADE thing; other methods of making airfield layouts don't suffer from that limitation. I'll have a look and see if the MAIW EGUN v2 works in P3Dv5.

Edit:

OK, it basically works. Nothing is missing or untextured. However, the CVX does not work - like an awful lot of FSX airfields in P3Dv5, the ground level is not at the airfield level so all of the manoeuvring surfaces are proud of the airfield background. Also the photoreal tile suppresses the autogen outside the airfield boundary, so it needs a new blendmask for P3D.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Ignore the bit about the photoreal background - that was my own addition which I obviously never finished!