The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

FSX AI strange behaviour

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
hageneezz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

FSX AI strange behaviour

Post by hageneezz »

Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a bombing sortie from the default Manston airfield in FSX

I am using the AIFP34315 with the ACG B17G AI model

The aircraft all show up on Manston, but there is strange behaviour when they start to taxi

Some planes go nose down into the taxiway, and another plane just goes up in the air performing some
sort of circles..

I have asked the same question at the AI Flight Planner forums, but I got a suspicion it has to do with the ACG B17G model...

Is there a fix?

Thanks
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: FSX AI strange behaviour

Post by TimC340 »

Over at FS Developer you said you were using FSX. Is that the case or not - your profile says you're on FS9?
hageneezz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by hageneezz »

TimC340 wrote: 07 May 2023, 16:32 Over at FS Developer you said you were using FSX. Is that the case or not - your profile says you're on FS9?
Yeah, mostly on FSX now, although I still use FS9 once in a blue moon
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Do you have the FSX version of the aircraft?
hageneezz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by hageneezz »

TimC340 wrote: 07 May 2023, 18:02 Do you have the FSX version of the aircraft?
Yes I do. Someone over at the AIFP forums suggested it might have something to do with the contact points, but I know nothing about editing AI planes

Thanks
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

My B-17G model was designed for the ACG Duxford scenery and has been in use by many people without a problem over the years. If you zip up your AFCAD file for Manston and the aircraft.cfg file you are using, and PM them to me, I'll have a look for you.

John
hageneezz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by hageneezz »

John Young wrote: 08 May 2023, 06:26 My B-17G model was designed for the ACG Duxford scenery and has been in use by many people without a problem over the years. If you zip up your AFCAD file for Manston and the aircraft.cfg file you are using, and PM them to me, I'll have a look for you.

John
Thanks John. I am using the default FSX Manston egmh airfield, and your fsx ai b17 model, have not touched thr cfg file...
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just tested in the default Manston (EGMH) with no problem. The B-17 reached the runway with 3 wheels always on the ground and then departed as expected:

That's probably not surprising since the model has been around for 12 years now.

Sometimes, but not in this case, a bounce can be induced with a very low frame rate and running at 4 x speed. As a second test, I reduced to 10 fps and observed at 4 X - still no bounce.

How many B-17's are in your flight plan and what is your frame rate (fps as measured with SHIFT+Z+Z).

If the aircraft are flight planned for a bombing sortie, what is the destination please?

John
hageneezz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by hageneezz »

Hi, the destination is LFOP (Rouen) My framerates are locked at 31, and they stay there, no stutters or FPS drops...
This is really strange, what could I have done wrong?

There are 11 planes in my flightplan
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Well, if you are using the same aircraft and FDE as I am, with the unaltered EGMH default AFCAD with a frame rate of 31 fps, then you should get the same result as I do. The inference then, is that there might be something else that's in your FSX installation, but not in mine, that is interfering with the performance. I can't really investigate that from my end.

I have attached my aircraft.cfg file for the B-17G, just in case something has been altered unintentionally.

John
Attachments
aircraft.cfg
(19.62 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I suppose the only other question is which version of FSX are you using? There might be a difference in behaviour in the versions.
Steve
hageneezz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by hageneezz »

John Young wrote: 08 May 2023, 17:40 Well, if you are using the same aircraft and FDE as I am, with the unaltered EGMH default AFCAD with a frame rate of 31 fps, then you should get the same result as I do. The inference then, is that there might be something else that's in your FSX installation, but not in mine, that is interfering with the performance. I can't really investigate that from my end.

I have attached my aircraft.cfg file for the B-17G, just in case something has been altered unintentionally.

John
Yes! The cfg file did the trick, beautiful!

Thank you very much!
hageneezz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by hageneezz »

Firebird wrote: 08 May 2023, 18:33 I suppose the only other question is which version of FSX are you using? There might be a difference in behaviour in the versions.
The boxed edition, but it has been fixed