The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AFCAD design / updating

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
davem
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

AFCAD design / updating

Post by davem »

Hi all,

following on from my previous question about scenery design, I was tweaking the Fairford AFCAD last night and came up against a rather large problem.

I've looked but failed to find any limit for the number of 'dots' (sorry can't remember correct term for them for the perimeter of a section of apron to have. I'm filling in a rather complex shaped area of grass as they have to fit around and concrete areas and all of a sudden I've reached a point whereby the dots I'm trying to move will not go from green to yellow to allow me to move them.

Does anyone know the maximum allowed per piece of apron or indeed whole AFCAD??

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Wow, I have never come across that problem. Interesting to hear some other experiences/answers.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Dave I think I get what you are saying. Basically you have so many polygon verticies (dots) that you can no longer select individual ones to make changes to their location, is that the problem??

Also any way you can post a quick screenshot of the problem area so we can see what you are dealing with?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
davem
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by davem »

Yes, Mike you're correct to an extent but I probably should have explained better.

When I get to a certain number of polygon vertices, most remain moveable but others just lock and despite clicking on them they still stay green rather than going yellow and allowing themselves to be moved. As you would expect this then applies to any I need to add to the polygon.

Will also try counting / deleting them to see if I can get any results that way and let you know.

Will post screenies tonight when I get home.

Dave.
davem
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by davem »

OK, I think I've sorted it.... :)

Having counted the 2 largest areas of grass that I was doing I had 182 and 174 polygon vertices respectively.

By deleting them one by one (OK so it stuffed the grass areas somewhat) I gradually reduced the number of vertices I couldn't edit. It seems that 160 is the maximum number of vertices you can have on one apron area and be able to edit them all.

However, I've just realised that large lush green grass areas stick out like a sore thumb in the standard Autumn / Winter scenery of FS so I've deleted them completely.

Didn't bother with screenies as this now seems sorted thanks!

Now, back to the serious work of getting the parking areas and building areas properly scaled!

ATB,

Dave.