The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Convert FS2004 AFCADS to FSX Format

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Convert FS2004 AFCADS to FSX Format

Post by RipPipPip »

Have you seen this?!? :shock: :
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... DLID=94380

It looks that we can move to FSX with all our AI properly parked NOW!
:smt031
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
chrispeschke
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

AFCAD FSX

Post by chrispeschke »

I would wait before rushing out and converting all of your AFCADs. Improper use of the existing AFCAD has caused a number of problems, primarily ATC related, to crop up from time to time. The current system in FSX is also used to park and move the ground support vehicles which the converted AFCADs won't support. Intriguingly, it seems that the fuel trucks rush up to an aircraft and fuel it before departure but if you have too many AI aircraft, they take a fair bit of time rushing about delaying departures somewhat. I haven't tested this myself yet since I still have lots of other projects on the go. I know there are folks working on a replacement, Lee Swordy is rumoured to have made the original code available to other developers, so I would be patient.
Cheers
Chris
Any landing you walk away from...
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

"Intriguingly, it seems that the fuel trucks rush up to an aircraft and fuel it before departure but if you have too many AI aircraft, they take a fair bit of time rushing about delaying departures somewhat."

Sounds like MS have got one facet of real-world ops correct; waiting for fuel, an occupational pastime.

Blackcat - field in sight - Stud 2, Stud 2 - Go!