The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Army Air Corps WAH-64 Apaches by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Army Air Corps WAH-64 Apaches by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Please use this thread to post questions or technical issues related to this package.

The package can be downloaded from a link on the MAIW homepage: www.militaryaiworks.com

**Note the scenery included with this package can be a bit tricky to get set up depending on how you have your Addon Scenery folder arranged. Please carefully review the included readme instructions before posting scenery related questions.
Last edited by MIKE JG on 14 Sep 2009, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
plumber
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Army Air Corps WAH-64

Post by plumber »

Hi,
Installed this package today, the only problem I seem to have is that only grass appears at Wattisham and Middle Wallop, no hard standings at all.
Is this correct?
The other Units are OK.
Brian H
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Sweet guys, thanks for these new packages.. The look and run awesome.

Plumber, did you read the readme where it tells you if you have terrain issues at Middle Wallop to use the extra bgl located in the Military AI Works\UK\WAH-64 Apache Army Air Corps\Optional BGL file for MW and to put into your Scenery/Eurw/scenery folder?
I had to add it to my system for Middle Wallop to show correctly.
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Army Air Corps WAH-64

Post by Weescotty »

plumber wrote:Hi,
Installed this package today, the only problem I seem to have is that only grass appears at Wattisham and Middle Wallop, no hard standings at all.
Is this correct?
The other Units are OK.
Brian H
If I remember correctly from days spent as a 'Blackie' at Middle Wallop -

There were some hard standings, but it is mainly grass.
It is/was the largest grass airfield in Europe.

Hard standings outside -
AETW now SAE
The AAC flight training school
The AAC museum

Probably a few more I don't remember.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

plumber wrote:Hi,
Is this correct?
The other Units are OK.
Brian H
Brian, what we found in testing was that this package is far more sensitive than any others, scenery-wise, so the layout of the package was the only way that we could get everybody to see the same.
Have you done an manual installation or moved any files around to suit your particular preference of set up?
Also can you confirm that you do not have any other afcads for EGUW or EGVP in your system.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Army Aircorp WAH-64

Post by plumber »

Thanks for the response guys, I have had an extended play at removing various files from FS9, I can achieve the hardstandings at Wattisham but all aircraft/Choppers are parked on grass.
So I am going to leave it for a while and try again some time later.
Cheers
Brian H
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Hey Brian,

Sounds like you could have another afcad in your system for EGUW. Have a look and let us know.

Mark
Mark
plumber
Captain
Captain

Army Air Corps Apache

Post by plumber »

The trouble is I have for some time had installed Just Flights "British Airports & the Military AI X 2" and some UKMIL stuff. So on occasion I have the odd problem with other add-ons.
Should the Apache's be parked on grass or hardstanding at Wattisham?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

They are parked on the ARP.

It sounds if your Just Flight stuff is at a higher priority than the MAIW Wattisham. Move it below, or Wattisham higher, to see if that fixes it.

IF it does you may wish to consider moving the Just Flight stuff down the list. This way it will choose the following priority :-
1. Newer addon scenery.
2. Just Flight scenery.
3. MS default scenery.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Army Air Corps-WAH-64

Post by plumber »

Hi,
Just to let you know that I have sorted out the Wattisham Scenery, Found some additional files in the Brit Airports Files, also I have moved the MAIW Scenery Library above the Brit Airports Files.

Many thanks for all the support
Brian H
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Weescotty wrote: If I remember correctly from days spent as a 'Blackie' at Middle Wallop

It is/was the largest grass airfield in Europe.
Not so sure it ever was/is the biggest, but it was certainly the busiest the last time I checked, even rivalling Heathrow on occasion.
Hard standings outside -
AETW now SAE

SAE closed down about 10 years ago and moved to Arborfield. ;-)
When emptied it was a fantastic venue for Mess functions :lol: It became home for the AAC's ground training empire. I've heard the building is to be demolished.

If you look at Google Earth you'll see how much extra hardstanding there is compared to your day, Weescotty. The main apron is much larger, with room for the Lynx, Gazelle and Squirrel fleets, the one next to the old 70 Ac Wksp was enlarged and a new (Apache) apron was built next to the old Lynx area. There's even a runway! Well, technically not a runway as it's an emergency landing strip for the WAH-64s. The camp and hangar area is surrounded by a security fence (yep, there's even a story about that).

Military fixed wing activity ceased for a period after the Chipmunks retired, the Islander fleet moved to the Emerald Isle and flying grading moved to the joint establishment, but grading has now returned. Although the AHF still had the Beaver there.

There have been a lot of changes since you last downed a pint in 'Choppers'! In fact, even Choppers is no more :cry:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Celtic
Hows the package look from a reality aspect?

I thought it came out reasonable

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Garysb wrote:Celtic
Hows the package look from a reality aspect?

Gary
To be honest Garry, I haven't had a chance to install it yet. There's a story to come here also.

No FlightSim for me for the past 2 months and probably none for the next 6.

Suffice it to say, I doubt I'll be flying into Middle Wallop for a long time, if ever again. No, I'm not going to gaol :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

CelticWarrior wrote:
Weescotty wrote: There have been a lot of changes since you last downed a pint in 'Choppers'! In fact, even Choppers is no more :cry:
No big loss there then lol.
Always preferred Andover, but the Choppers 'Arms' was an occasional haunt when I couldn't be arsed going to Andover.
One oustanding memory of the place was it's dodgy food!
masped
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by masped »

Hi, I've just installed this package and I've noticed that the flightplan file refers to two airfields that don't exist in FS9, namely RAF Abingdon (EGUD) and RAF Woodbridge (EGVP). There are no AFCAD files for them in the package either.

Is this an error with the package or am I missing something? :?

Thanks,
Matthew
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Matthew,
Woodbridge isn't EGVP, its EGVG, EGVP is Middle Wallop and scenery is provided for the pack.

You are right about Abingdon not being provided, but we only guarantee to provide afcads for the major bases used in a package not for all destinations. As none are based there its a case that you may get one or you may not.

Maybe somebody can help you out with one if you would really like one.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

There is an RAF Abingdon scenery available on Flightsim.com:

raf_abin.zip

Author Owen Morris

Not sure how good it is as I have just downloaded it myself :)

Pete
masped
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by masped »

Firebird wrote:Hi Matthew,
Woodbridge isn't EGVP, its EGVG, EGVP is Middle Wallop and scenery is provided for the pack.
Sorry, I meant to type EGVG for Woodbridge, which isn't included.

I'm happy to make my own AFCADs, I just wasn't sure whether they had been omitted by mistake.

Matthew
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Just a minor heads up:

The wah-64 don't use the 1akn afcad, the flightplans just sending them to oakn instead.

Easily fixed of course :wink:

Thanks all...
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Oh dear,

Middle Wallop is causing havoc. It ought to be at 297ft amsl. I take it there must've been a good reason to drop the airfield height by nearly fifty feet?

I can't use the additional AP***.bgl file, as I would lose previous edits that other sceneries have required. Could someone provide the xml code for the modified section, so I can incorporate it into my current AP***.bgl file please? Also, a little detail by way of a comment about what exactly is being changed by the code would be a welcome bonus.

Cheers,
Dan