The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AMC West C-17 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

AMC West C-17 package by MAIW

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: AMC West C-17 package by MAIW

Post by bismarck »

Great gift!!!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the christmas gift!

I will have to read the readme file carefully before I install these packages. I have a bunch of PAI C-17's and other C-17's that I installed myself that I may need to delete.

EDIT: Looks like I will be deleting all the old PAI C-17's I had.
jaguar1
Captain
Captain

Post by jaguar1 »

AMC C-17s - Yay!! :mrgreen:
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the package :D
A question though:
Should the 55th ARS KC-135R actualy be the 54th ARS I believe the 55th ARS deactivated on 31st March 2009 leaving the 54th ARS as the only KC-135R operator at Altus AFB.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

swp53 wrote:Hi Guys,
Thanks for the package :D
A question though:
Should the 55th ARS KC-135R actualy be the 54th ARS I believe the 55th ARS deactivated on 31st March 2009 leaving the 54th ARS as the only KC-135R operator at Altus AFB.
Regards,
Steve

From what I understood at the time, the 55th and 54th shared aircraft, so I just mentioned both of them in the readme, but digging a bit deeper, yeah it does look like the 55th is now inactive.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

The BRAC changes are very difficult to keep up with.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

MIKE JG wrote:The BRAC changes are very difficult to keep up with.

exactly, but luckily it seems like the changes are finally starting to finalize (knock on wood)
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Gents,

Really glad you did these. I've run the majority of larger C-17 units on my own flightplans for a while but was always using the old PAI textures for Charleston/McGuire and McChord, which only gives you a few for each base. I was just in the process of integrating the McChord textures into my own Flightplans when I noticed a potential problem. According to AFCAD most of these new C-17 textures are radius 44M, although a tiny number are a lot less at about 34M for some reason. The parking on the MAIW AFCAD at McChord coded for resident 62nd AMW aircraft is 36.58M. Easy to change I realise, but a auto install for somebody not familiar is going to have the residents in the 44M spots left for transits surely?

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Just off holiday travels and downloaded the new AMC packages. I had some KEDW scenery and needed to change the elevation in FS, I believe I found this fix in the old forums. Was there any elevation changes for the KEDW AFCAD? All aircraft are correctly parked, just no ramp textures.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Dustoff, I was having the same problem with Nellis where there was AI but no ramp runways, etc. I was told that the alphasim addon scenery for area 51 and the tonopah test range would affect the Nellis sceneries. Sounds it could be the same thing. Suggested I uncheck the addons in flightsim. Good Luck.
Bazinga!
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

@Dustoff, unfortunately we didn't test the AFCAD with that KEDW scenery, I remember the one your talking about, came out a few years ago if I remember correctly? I do recall there being some elevation issues associated with it way back when.
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

Here is the fixed BGL for the Edwards scenery that will allow the aircraft to be sitting on the ground properly; It goes in the main FS scenery/NAMW/Scenery folder:

(this is for the Dennis Wagoneer scenery I believe)
Attachments
Edwards elev fix.zip
(243.9 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Matt

ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Is this to be used after applying the Martin Stebbing fix or in stead of his fix?
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

ronniegj wrote:Is this to be used after applying the Martin Stebbing fix or in stead of his fix?
...I am not aware of that fix....or maybe my fix is the same as his fix...either way, if you have that addon scenery for Edwards by Dennis Waggoner and you have ai that floats 100ft above the ground then the bgl i attached above will fix it.
Matt

awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

CADDO vcpmod is missing

Post by awj112 »

I noticed while reinstalling the C-17 package that the "CADDO" callsign for the 58 Airlift Squadron out of Altus is missing from the Voice pack folder. I have it so here it is.
CADDO .txt
58th Airlift squdron callsign. Change extension to ".vcpmod". Forum would not let me attach with actual extension.
(3.54 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
To Moderators: I thought I was putting this in the West Coast C-17 support forum. Please move at your leisure. :oops: - Moved
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

I took a trip to Travis AFB (in FS) and noticed that the C-17s were there in body but not in texture; just the unpainted models. I should add that the cargo bay interior and vehicles were painting correctly.

I checked that the texture. entries all matched and reloaded the models, air file and textures from the package with a suitably ammended aircraft file and still have unpainted C-17s. Further investigation shows the same at March and McChord - every other of my C-17s (RAF, other USAF units, Canada, Qatar etc are all present and correct.

Any ideas.

Thanks
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Blackcat, are you using FS9 or FSX? Also are you running a 32 or 64 bit system?
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

It's happening in FS2004 on my laptop (vista 32 bit) and desktop (seven 64 bit). I first observed the problem on the desktop and thought it might be specific to that but ran up the laptop this morning and the problem is there as well. At Travis, for example, all the C-5s, KC-10s and KC-135s are showing perfectly.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

BLACKCAT wrote:It's happening in FS2004 on my laptop (vista 32 bit) and desktop (seven 64 bit). I first observed the problem on the desktop and thought it might be specific to that but ran up the laptop this morning and the problem is there as well. At Travis, for example, all the C-5s, KC-10s and KC-135s are showing perfectly.
This is a long shot but have a look at the texture file names just check the file extensions (.bmp) have not been cut off during extraction.

Mark
Mark