The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Exotic Alberts Packages by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Exotic Alberts Packages by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please post questions and feedback about this packages here
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

just an FYI, the MAIW FREE FOR ALL release for today, which is a Exotic herks package has been released

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=98484
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

ooorah
Regards,
Dunc
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain

Post by Dark Morelia »

It's a very nice package, but a few things that jump out at me...

All C-130Hs are now with 37 Sqn along with the Js, and are having the 37 Sqn insignia applied to the tail, in place of the stallion. They're also using the callsign "Trojan" as are the Js.

A97-449 has a new colour scheme (possibly to be applied to all Js, cant confirm this yet though)
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1174184/L/

The C-17 paint is missing an Australian flag above the forward starboard door, among other tiny details. The callsign could also more accurately be "Stallion", that's what its using while in Aus atm.

Please dont take my first post here the wrong way, I'm not out to disparage your work, I only noticed these things because I've just done an overhaul of my own RAAF AI, and painted half of these myself lol.
Drew >>

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums. As regards the package, I was a bit miffed when the RAAF failed to ask our permission to change things around, as we had already finished the work, prior to the change, being announced. (Talk about being bl**dy inconsiderate :lol: )

We were therefore left in a bit of a quandry, as we had the thing done and dusted, and then everything changed. Having discussed it, we decided that the easiest way forward was to release the package (as it is) and then once the dust has settled (ie when we can confirm the Fleet disposition) we'll no doubt issue a package update.

The C-17 was even more "done on the fly" as we had it as part of the package, before it was delivered to Australia. Obviously the paintwork/scheme had not been 100% finalised and again an update will no doubt follow.

Don't you worry about posting things like this mate, as we are only as good as the info we have, and we're an easy going lot here :wink:

All the best

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain

Post by Dark Morelia »

No worries mate, I figured that's what had happened. Very inconsiderate indeed ! :lol:

If you need some newer RAAF paints I'm happy to help :wink:
Drew >>

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Thanks Andy,

Certainly bear that in mind when we get to it. There are another 12 parts to this section of the Exotic Alberts to be released yet, so once we get them out the door, we may be in a position to re-visit RAAF.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

guys, please use this topic for ALL of the herks packages, otherwise this forum will get huge pretty quick.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Whoooops sorry Des :oops:

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Indonesian package:

Smoke effect has only been added to the [LIGHTS] section of the C130E, not to the C130H and C130H-30 (or I'm missing something here)

Hope this helps, and thank you for all the new hercs :wink:

Greg

Edit: now I've looked at some more packages, I noticed that in all the new stuff only the C130E's get smoke, the others don't. I wonder why?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Hi Greg,

Barry and I took a conscious decision to add the smoke effect to the C-130Es only.

Our thinking was that the E models being that bit older were more likely to kick out smoke, and we also were considering framerates, which we thought might suffer if the all the Alberts were smokers.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

Tweek
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Tweek »

Stewart Pearson wrote:Barry and I took a conscious decision to add the smoke effect to the C-130Es only.

Our thinking was that the E models being that bit older were more likely to kick out smoke, and we also were considering framerates, which we thought might suffer if the all the Alberts were smokers.
I did that before when adding C-130s to RAF Lyneham. I gave the C-130Js a light smoke effect, then just doubled it up for the C-130E/Hs. Seemed to work fine!
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Certainly nothing to prevent users adding the smoke effects to their H and J models etc.

We'll leave that to individual preference.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Okay thanks Stew, I see your point.

Greg
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

You're welcome Greg anytime.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

our two latest releases for today, which are parts of this huge series are up now at avsim 8)

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=99523

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=99522
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Qick question re the Malaysian package - there are 3 Editvoicepack callsigns included in the pacjkage (Angkasa, Megah and RMF) but only the first one is used. Is this a mistake?
Regards,

Alan
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Hi Alan,

Not a mistake, just our way of giving the customer a choice.

Angkasa is the official ICAO callsign for the Malaysian Air Force and a secondary Romeo Mike Foxtrot is also listed. Megah is a callsign noted as being used by 14 Sqn.

We just thought it would be nice for folks to have variety. If you want to use either RMF or Megah just install with Editvoicepack and alter the aircraft cfg accordingly.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Thanks Stewart.
Regards,

Alan
benclark
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by benclark »

Just did a manual install of the RAAF Alberts and came upon this error

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Could not complete operation on some files and directories. See the Data property of the exception for more details.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FxCopyOrMoveDirectory(CopyOrMove operation, String sourceDirectoryPath, String targetDirectoryPath, Boolean overwrite)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.CopyOrMoveDirectory(CopyOrMove operation, String sourceDirectoryName, String destinationDirectoryName, Boolean overwrite, UIOptionInternal showUI, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.CopyDirectory(String sourceDirectoryName, String destinationDirectoryName, Boolean overwrite)
   at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.CopyPackage()
   at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WOAI Installer
    Assembly Version: 2.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ben/My%20Documents/Flight%20Simulator%20New%20AI%20Build/World%20of%20AI%20Installer/WOAI%20Installer.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.84.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.84.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ben/My%20Documents/Flight%20Simulator%20New%20AI%20Build/World%20of%20AI%20Installer/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Seems everything installed ok but just wanted you to be aware of the error and possibly is there a solution as its kinda annoying lol.

Edit - on second inspection it didn't decompile the plans as asked and I have a very deep directory tree that is totally empty - "Royal Australian Air Force Transport Component\Military AI Works\Asia\Exotic Alberts Part 1\Australia\Australia Readme and Info" what didn't it install?

I have 5 files in the addon scenery folder, the 3 aircraft with a total of 90 files between them the scenery folder has the single traffic bgl and then in the base folder containing that lot I also have 5 files. Anything amiss?