The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

Post by gregone »

haroldkip wrote:This still sounds like an AFCAD problem to me, because you have the scenery showing up.

How did you check for duplicate AFCAD's?

I always use ScanAFD to check for duplicate AFCAD's, so I suggest that you try that: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... canafd.zip
Make sure that you check 'Show Duplicates' and scan in 'All scenery addon directories' and 'include disabled sceneries'.

It should list only two files: MAIW_AF2_PAED_Custom.bgl and MAIW_AF2_PAED_DEFAULT_DB_MG.bgl

This is unlikely but ... it could also be that you don't have the Elmendorf AI aircraft in your AI folder.
There should be (or at least mine has) 10 MAIW aircraft folders in your aircraft directory.

Hope this helps :wink:
Hi Harold, I could not get the AFD Scanner to work it kept saying that it could not find my scenery Cfg file. which is there
I suspect this a Windows 64 bit problem. Anyway I manually scanned all my AFCADS and I only have
MAIW_AF2_PAED_Custom.bgl I did find a few others that relate to PAED deleted them all and did a renistall. Still no AI Aircaft and yes I have all the Elmendorf AI aircraft installed. If I get time over the weekend I am thinking of doing a complete renistall of all my MAIW packages to see if that makes a difference.Cheers Greg 8)
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I've had a 64 bit system (Vista) for a coupla years and all those programs work fine for me.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
haroldkip
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by haroldkip »

gregone wrote:Hi Harold, I could not get the AFD Scanner to work it kept saying that it could not find my scenery Cfg file. which is there.
It just might be a fault in your scenery.cfg. Can you PM it to me? I'll double check it for you as it could have something to do with incorrect layering in your scenery.cfg
gregone wrote:I only have MAIW_AF2_PAED_Custom.bgl
We'll there you have it: sounds to me that your MAIW Elmendorf is corrupt ...
gregone wrote:I am thinking of doing a complete renistall of all my MAIW packages to see if that makes a difference.
It probably will.
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

haroldkip wrote:
gregone wrote:Hi Harold, I could not get the AFD Scanner to work it kept saying that it could not find my scenery Cfg file. which is there.
It just might be a fault in your scenery.cfg. Can you PM it to me? I'll double check it for you as it could have something to do with incorrect layering in your scenery.cfg
gregone wrote:I am thinking of doing a complete renistall of all my MAIW packages to see if that makes a difference.
It probably will.
Ok I am sending you my scenery cfg, I dont think the file is corrupt I downloaded from the link at the start of the Forum from
Avsim I usually find if the file is bad it wont work at all but I will redownload it to see if it makes a difference. Cheers Greg 8)
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

gregone wrote:
haroldkip wrote:
It probably will.
Ok I am sending you my scenery cfg, I dont think the file is corrupt I downloaded from the link at the start of the Forum from
Avsim I usually find if the file is bad it wont work at all but I will redownload it to see if it makes a difference. Cheers Greg 8)
Current stage of developments removed all MAIW files renistalled
MAIW Elmendorf fresh download from MAIW site same result I also tried Mcconnell AFB same result no AI Aircaft I then renistalled Nellis Lemoore Beuford Miramar Astugi they all work fine so thats were we are at the moment cant understand
why these two bases dont show AI Aircraft. Cheers Greg 8)
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

Current stage of developments removed all MAIW files renistalled
MAIW Elmendorf fresh download from MAIW site same result I also tried Mcconnell AFB same result no AI Aircaft I then renistalled Nellis Lemoore Beuford Miramar Astugi they all work fine so thats were we are at the moment cant understand
why these two bases dont show AI Aircraft. Cheers Greg 8)[/quote]
All Sorted at last everything is working I went through each of MAIW Packages that worked and it wasnt till I checked through the Top Gun Package that I found the answer I noticed that in it all the Afcads were installed in the Scenery Section of the Package not down in the scenery section of the the Addon Scenery were MAIW Elmendorf and Mcconnell AFB
were installing so I cut and pasted the files into the scenery section of
MAIW Elmendorf and Mcconnell AFB and everthing now works I dont what caused the problem but I suspect it is some scenery addon that I have. Anyway I hope this helps anyone else that has a similar problem. Cheers Greg 8)
haroldkip
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by haroldkip »

Good to hear you've got it all sorted out mate! :wink:

Now go and enjoy Elmendorf traffic for a while!
gregone
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gregone »

haroldkip wrote:Good to hear you've got it all sorted out mate! :wink:

Now go and enjoy Elmendorf traffic for a while!
Yeah they are great thats for sure I am looking forward to the day when you can download both versions of these packages
hopefully one day they add the converted ones for FSX I have had a read through the conversion section and as detailed as it is. It looks like a lot of work. Cheers Greg 8)
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Airborne!
Attachments
jumpers.jpg
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

LOL! Proof at last!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

The aircraft.cfg has an error. We should change it in the download one day.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Attach the corrected one here for now.
-Mike G.

BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I think it's on page 1of this topic.
skyhigh10driver
Cadet
Cadet

Post by skyhigh10driver »

Hey guys, I'm new to posting on MAIW forums so if I make any mistakes of faux pax please forgive me. I appear to be having some issues with the PAED and I'm hoping to bring it to y'alls attention in an effort to get it fixed, HOPEFULLY. I was randomly watching some civilian traffic at PANC and noticed at just about sunup, the sim experienced a crash to desktop (CTD). After running through a lot of experimentation, including taking all the AI traffic out, all the addon scenery out, and then reinstalling piece by piece I think I've narrowed it down to the MAIW scenery for PAED. It happens on my sim at about 0512 in the morning, plus or minus a few minutes depending on the amount of "sun light" available. I think there might be a texture in the scenery that is corrupted in the transition from night, to day.

I've got the scenery deactivated till I, or someone else, can find a solution to this but I really, really do like how it looks. MAIW is some of the best stuff out there and being a reservist as I am, this really does bring a level of realism to FS that would otherwise be unattainable. Thanks for all the great packages, sceneries, planes, and work y'all do! And, thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
skyhigh10driver
Cadet
Cadet

Guys I'll sound off on this one again 'cause I'd really like to know if anyone knows anything about this: Elmendorf crashes on my system at a very specific time of time, every day, with/without any traffic. Details listed above. Is anyone else having this issue, too?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Check to see if you have "dusk/dawn texture blending" checked off or on in your display settings.

We have an issue with the Nellis/NTTR scenery that sounds very similar to this one. We've never been able to figure it out.
-Mike G.

skyhigh10driver
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks for responding!!! It's checked. I can try unchecking it to see if that fixes things...
Flyin4Fun
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Flyin4Fun »

gregone wrote:Current stage of developments removed all MAIW files renistalled
why these two bases dont show AI Aircraft. Cheers Greg 8)
All Sorted at last everything is working I went through each of MAIW Packages that worked and it wasnt till I checked through the Top Gun Package that I found the answer I noticed that in it all the Afcads were installed in the Scenery Section of the Package not down in the scenery section of the the Addon Scenery were MAIW Elmendorf and Mcconnell AFB
were installing so I cut and pasted the files into the scenery section of
MAIW Elmendorf and Mcconnell AFB and everthing now works I dont what caused the problem but I suspect it is some scenery addon that I have. Anyway I hope this helps anyone else that has a similar problem. Cheers Greg 8)

I had the same problem and after pulling my hair out for the last couple of hours, Found your post and all is good!

Thank you......
Janeway
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Janeway »

After flying around Elmendorf AFB these past couple of days, I've been encountering regular CTDs at Dawn or Dusk.

My attempts to nail down the root cause utilizing Process Monitor etc. proved fruitless.
Process Monitor churned out different results for the same CTDs at Elmendorf...so I altered my strategy.

De-activating the Elmendorf scenery solves the problem, as I could fly around PAED and Anchorage (PANC) and Lake Hood and Goose Bay (Z40) without a problem. This clearly indicated that some file or files in the Elmendorf package were at the core of this CTD.
Considering that the Elmendorf package is a jolly good enhancement around Anchorage Int'l airport, I resolved to narrow down the guilty file(s) by focusing on the scenery components of PAED.

The hunt was successful for I tracked down the file causing the CTD at Elmendorf: just ONE file: Elmendorf_VTPL.BGL.

Yep! As soon as that one file was removed and the scenery reloaded in FS9, there were no more CTDs at Dawn or Dusk.

That's as far as I can take this matter with my present knowledge, guys.
As far as I could ascertain - on my setup - no further CTDs were triggered. And flying around PAED is now trouble-free at any time of day or night...
Attachments
Elmendorf_VTPL.BGL
File triggering CTD at Elmendorf
(1016 Bytes) Downloaded 63 times
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Out of curiosity, what graphics card do you have?
-Mike G.