The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Species of Blackhawk?

Feel free to post your best military aviation photos in this forum. Attaching photos will not be allowed, they must be linked to a third party site to be accepted.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Species of Blackhawk?

Post by MIKE JG »

Can anyone identify which version of the UH-60 this is? L or M model perhaps??

This was at Lousiville this afternoon on the FBO ramp, four of them stopped in before heading on west.

-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
LEBTowerGuy

Re: Species of Blackhawk?

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

looks like an M model...has the main tapered rotor blade. We get them up here at LEB often...usually it's Sikorsky crews exercising them off the line.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

HH-60M, or what I should be flying and not the 82' year models we are stuck with! The new upturned exhausts are coming from the factory now and will eventually replace the HIRSS we currently have, same idea as the ASPI exhausts on the Apache.

All "Mikes" have the wide chord blades, new tip caps and folding stab (ala Seahawk). The HH-60L looks the same minus the folding stab. Very heavy for the current theater and flight medics/crew dawgs hate the cabin set up, but nice up in the office (glass, autopilot).
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

I got some great walk around shots of one a few months ago if you want 'em.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes please Matt. I'm having a bitch of a time just picking one version to model since there are so many little differences between them right now.

BTW, what are the round sensors on the nose? Looks like maybe a FLIR and a small radar?
-Mike G.

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

FLIR ball hanging down on the "duckbill". The black dots are the radar warning receivers for the APR-39 on the nose, common to all versions. Most other 60's will have what look like fisheyes, those are part of the AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System, in this pic they are mounted behind and below the pilot's door on the step fairing, another "M" only mod.

My project is setting on the FSDS shelf as I try to get more experience. I started with the OSD kit provided by Hovercontrol. Plan was to make all species of H-60, both land and sea. This truly is one model we need in FS, the worldwide proliferation is on par with the HTAI F-16/C-130. After seeing Nick's outstanding Apache and Chinook, I hoped the Black Hawk wasn't that far behind.

I know the MAIW model standard is to have all the correct antenna placement, but I think building a basic model, and then just using the textures to change the model would be easier. The other -60L company in my unit has several C2 birds with the A2C2S system, adding several other non-standard antennas everywhere.

I would be more than happy to help out Mike with pics or tech data on my daily driver (until next week, when I report to my new fixed wing unit).
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I'm working on the Blackhawk as my time allows. it is proving to be the most difficult model I've yet attempted so don't feel bad.

I'm getting there but it's taking forever. :roll:
-Mike G.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Best things are worth waiting for, mate.
Steve
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

Alright Mike, I will get those off to you tomorrow morning, I was out of town this weekend.