The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Coningsby 2013 Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

RAF Coningsby 2013 Support Thread

Post by campbeme »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".

NOTE 4: Elements contained within this package, replace elements from a previous Royal Air Force 121st Expeditionary Air Wing, RAF Coningsby AI package. Please consult the included Readme carefully to prevent file conflicts when you install this package.
Mark
swp53
Captain
Captain

Re: RAF Coningsby 2013

Post by swp53 »

Nice Package,
One error spotted so far FGR4 texture ZJ309 QO-P should be ZK309 and also in the fltsim section.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Thanks for that info, Steve.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Having checked out the updated Conningsby, I found the Flight Line rather crowded. So have deleted the Typhoons from the original package with the exception of BAe versions from my a/c list. Is the correct approach?
I take it that I will retain the flight plans for the BAe a/c.
Apart from the above a very nice package, brilliant!!!
Cheers
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I believe that the readme does say to remove everything from the original package. If it doesn't then let us know.
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

The readme says to remove everything from the original package. Note 4 of the support thread also has a reminder. So yes you have done the correct thing, make sure you disable the old scenery too. :D
Mark
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Yes I had removed all afcad related items plus the package, but did not realise about a/c untill I viewed item.
So all is aok.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

plumber wrote:Yes I had removed all afcad related items plus the package, but did not realise about a/c untill I viewed item.
So all is aok.
:smt023
Mark
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: RAF Coningsby 2013 Support Thread

Post by Dinga69 »

This one's got me scratching my head. For a bit of background info I use VFR Photo Scenery and VFR Terrain England and Wales, which are way down in the scenery list. With Conningsby at the top or anywhere else, only part of the photo tiles are showing, with the VFR photo scenery lining up perfectly. I've removed all the previous EGXC files along with anything else that I think may be causing this. I do have all the UK2000 airports installed, but unused ones are removed or disabled! What it loks like is a ground poly that doesn't cover the whole airfield as the lines are so well defined, but I know this isn't the case and is something on my side causing this. I've attached screenshots so you can see what I'm babbling on about!! Thanks for any help, suggestions!! One workround that did cross my mind is replacing the VFR Photo tiles with the supplied tiles!

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am not 100% sure but I think that Ian's scenery either uses the VFR scenery or is matched to line up with it. So I would say try putting in his tiles, keeping a list of them to delete if it does not solve your issue.
Steve
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

It does look as if everything lines up perfectly with the VFR photo tiles, just different saturation level. I am holding off overwriting for now as I really would be interested to know what is causing this. Thanks for the suggestion Steve, if no-one identifies the actual issue(me included), I'll take this route and let you know how it goes.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If the VFR tiles are in their own folder then you shouldn't overwrite anything. Ian's tiles go in Scenery\World\texture.
IF however, the VFR ones go to the same place then please,please copy the ones to be overwritten to a safe folder first. Just in case things get a bit tricky.

Second rule of software, always make sure you can fallback a change.
Steve
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Yeah, everything's where it should be within FS9 - the commercial VFR tiles are in an 'all-in-one' folder on a separate partition, but rest assured, I won't just overwrite stuff willy nilly(been there before!!) I understand the rules for support here, and, as I've got a lot of scenery going on, am 100% sure it's something in my set-up causing a conflict. But, as I don't see me changing this version of Conningsby for a long time(if ever) then replacing the tiles is a very viable option.
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Hi Dinga69,
I have the same thing but I believe the issue is not anything to do with the system or texture issues but is just the way the photo scenery was made using overlapping aerial photos where photos used were taken on different days/time of day. I have seen similar things all over the place with VFR Real Scenery. Remember how the millenium map was made which is where the photos come from to make the scenery with the photo aircraft flying a track for X miles turning around moving position by X miles and returning on a parallel track which was done over a period of months to cover the mainland UK. So you may have a photo taken some time later or even a different day before photos were merged to form the coverage.
Compare the saturation levels of fields at the top to those at the bottom the top fields being a darker green than those at the bottom.
Regards,
Steve
Attachments
EGXC-VFR.jpg
Past Beta Tester
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

On the subject of tiles, I moved the entire Coningsby 2013 scenery folder into my Addon Scenery, a straight swap for the 'old' scenery. All previous AFCADs etc for EGXC were checked for an removed.

The airfield scenery objects show up OK but there is no ground texture where anywhere on the base, just a grey void. I use 'bog standard' MS scenery in the surrounding countryside.

Any ideas? Thanks

.........................disregard all after........failed to copy across textures into Scenery\World.
rocket26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rocket26 »

Hi

The tiles supplied are aligned correctly as seen the in the shots, however if using VFR scenery they overlap for some reason. The tiles are really supplied for those that dont have VFR. However the VFR ones are older and have trees in the HAS sites which have since been removed.

There are two solutions:

1: Remove my tiles/bgl (ACG_EGXC_TILES.bgl) and keep the VFR tiles
2: Copy my tiles into the VFR standlone scenery tile folder (and remove ACG_EGXC_TILES.bgl) and it will replace the VFR tiles. If you do this as Steve said make a backup of the VFR tiles which you will be replacing.

Cheers

Ian
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Cheers Ian - that answers my questions perfectly!! I was just doing some experiments including stitching all your tiles together in PSP and came to the conclusion that the VFR tiles were interfering in some way as if you look closely at my pic, you can see where the VFR takes over from your tiles (the runway and ASP edges being the giveaway!). So - I'll go down the route of putting your tiles in my VFR folder and removing the tiles.bgl!! It looks so much better with a sharp runway, taxiway and ASPs!! And while you're here, thank you so much for a fantastic piece of scenery!!!
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

OK, tested as suggested and works like a charm - there is obviously still a mismatch as Ian's textures are newer than my older ones, but it's further out of the airfield boundaries so is less noticeable unless you really look for it. I may have a bash at blending them in with some alpha masks at some point, but I'm just gonna enjoy flying around and watching the traffic for now!!
Thanks again!!!
rocket26
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rocket26 »

Dinga69 wrote:OK, tested as suggested and works like a charm - there is obviously still a mismatch as Ian's textures are newer than my older ones, but it's further out of the airfield boundaries so is less noticeable unless you really look for it. I may have a bash at blending them in with some alpha masks at some point, but I'm just gonna enjoy flying around and watching the traffic for now!!
Thanks again!!!
Glad you like the scenery. Believe it or not the scenery itself will be three years old (FSX version) in a few months with much of it built even before that.

The VFR real scenery tiles you have are from 1999 imagery, wheras the tiles I supplied are from the 2010 image I used for the FSX version. However within the peri fence I heavily edited the tiles with photoshop so that they would look cleaner and crisper with the 4.7m per pixal limitation of fs9. Prior to editing it looked untidy with the AFX file on top much like the VFR tiles do. I used the same technique with Twins in the Fs9 version.

Cheers

Ian
bigrich110
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bigrich110 »

hi there i was wondering if this package removes all previous ai aircraft if so is there a way of keeping them installed but with the new sceenery if anybody knows would be much apreciated