The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Volandia Museum in Milan

Feel free to post your best military aviation photos in this forum. Attaching photos will not be allowed, they must be linked to a third party site to be accepted.
james84

Volandia Museum in Milan

Post by james84 »

Hello all,
Today I got back from Northern Italy where I had the chance to visit a nice museum opened some two or three years ago and run by a private foundation. The museum has been built in the old workshops once owned by Caproni (a historical Italian aircraft manufacturer) just next to Milan's Malpensa Airport. There are several interesting subjects and it's really worth a visit.
You can see the photos in the link below!
http://www.aviazionecivile.org/vb/showt ... ost1525387
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Volandia Museum in Milan

Post by clickclickdoh »

Interesting seeing the 609 in there. I still get stuck thinking of it as the Bell 609 after seeing it doing it's test flying here in Texas. Is that a mockup? I thought both prototypes were still flying.
james84

Post by james84 »

Yes, it should be a mock up, as well as the M-346!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

A wonderful collection of photos, thanks for sharing.
Mark
andrea81

Post by andrea81 »

a very nice museum next to Milan- Malpensa airport, tickets aren't expensive, thank you Giacomo :smt006
james84

Post by james84 »

My pleasure! :mrgreen:
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

What is really wonderful, and amazing, is that there are private funds being expended to preserve aviation history. Without these amazing people, these rare and wonderful examples of the past would fade into the past. If left up to governments, I fear that no one would care if these all were melted into beer cans. Ron