The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NBAI Super Etendard Modernise French Aéronavale

Non package releases from the MAIW Development Team
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

NBAI Super Etendard Modernise French Aéronavale

Post by MIKE JG »

This is the Nick Black Super Entendard Modernise AI model for the French Aéronavale service.

Available in this download are 9 model variations for the land based aircraft of 11F and 17F based at Landivisiau. Included with this stand alone release are the AI models, 36 aircraft textures, effects, weapons textures and a land based flight dynamics file. Also included in this release is the paintkit for the model in Photoshop format.

Nick was not able to finish this model and has kindly made the model available for download here: Download

Model by Nick Black
Flight Dynamics by Mike MacIntyre
Textures by Nick Black
Paintkit by Nick Black

Also included in this release are three special paint schemes worn by Super Etendard aircraft in years past.

Last edited by Greg on 05 Sep 2015, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated links
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: NBAI Super Etendard Modernise French Aéronavale

Post by MIKE JG »

Special thanks to Mark Walsh for correcting a small error in the aircraft textures as well as the paintkit.
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Ok, good to go now. Again this is the dry model only.

The naval model will follow shortly.

Download link above has been restored. Thanks for your patience.
-Mike G.

delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

WTG thanks peeps :D
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

Are there flightplans available? Does this jet basically fly where the Rafale is based at (then I can just manipulate MAIW Rafale fp's)

I have no knowledge of this jet.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Google is your friend Dan. :wink:
-Mike G.

Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Mirage4FS »

MIKE JG wrote:Nick was not able to finish this model and has kindly made the model available for download here
Ah. Now I understand why Nick hasn't gotten back to me on the status of this project since he sent me an initial release to look at back in May. He had big plans for this. I'm glad I spotted those images in rotation on the front page. Just have figure out which ones are still flying -- Argentina and Flotille 17F probably.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Didn't see any plans posted previously, so I've cooked up a highly fictional batch to get them in the sim. As I doubt all 33 Etendards are at Landivisiau at the same time, I've split them into 4 groups. One group of 12 aircrafts is stationed at Landivisiau, doing TNGs there and hopping to various waypoints around the Atlantic coast and in the English Channel. The remaining three groups of 7 aircraft each have been sent to various carriers around the world (off the coasts of Kuwait, Libya & Somalia), utilizing the Carriers 2006 scenery. The carrier based aircraft will do a TNG once a week in the dead of night, as it is a dry model/FDE, spending the rest of the time on the flightdeck looking pretty.

Most of the waypoints are from MAIW packages, so you should have them, the rest are in the ZIP file. Please note that the 3 carrier AFCADs need to go in the Carriers 2006 scenery folder, make sure you back-up the default ones. Also, the added parking is a bit sloppy, since it was mainly done to get them a place to park :wink:

Also, I've taken the liberty of having the Landivisiau aircraft fly approaches to the R91 carrier included in the Rafalae packages, as well as the HMS Ark Royal carrier (ARK2) available elsewhere.
Attachments
Super Etendard Modernise.zip
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

Google isn't always friendly apparently, I never found any either. Thanks RKE!
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

dk1213 wrote:Google isn't always friendly apparently, I never found any either. Thanks RKE!
You missed the point Dan, you said you had no knowledge of this aircraft, thats why Mike suggested google to you, not for you to go searching google for flight plans.
Mark
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sluffer77 »

RKE wrote:
Also, I've taken the liberty of having the Landivisiau aircraft fly approaches to the R91 carrier included in the Rafalae packages, as well as the HMS Ark Royal carrier (ARK2) available elsewhere.
Not sure if you can help, but I've down loaded that Ark Royal and having issues with it, did you just add it to you add on scenery folder as normal? It's a height issue I'm having with it, as my Phantom starts in the sea inside the hull :?

** Edited at 13:59 **

Just found the read me file hidden away under another file name. Hopefully sorted it now.
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Sounds like the flatten files are in the wrong section, they need to be above the HMS Ark Royal scenery (long story short: the AFCAD for the flightdeck would otherwise raise the ocean to the level of the flightdeck, but by having an AFCAD with a lower elevation load afterwards, the ocean will be reset to its normal level).
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

Hi to all! I'm repainting the Argentinan's SEM but I don't know what part of the aircraft is that in the figure below. There's anybody who can help me? Thanks in advance
Attachments
SEM Paintkit.jpg
- Maurizio C.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Looks like the internal wing section that is exposed when the wing is folded.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes that is what that is. Shouldn't need that for the land versions with non-folding wings.

The naval versions are still on the "to finish" list someday, they just were not as complete as the land versions and require quite a bit more work to finish them off.

Lots of unfinished models around here and very few modelers with the time to finish them these days.
-Mike G.

maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

Thank you for the help! Let's work!
- Maurizio C.
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

MIKE JG wrote:Yes that is what that is. Shouldn't need that for the land versions with non-folding wings.

The naval versions are still on the "to finish" list someday, they just were not as complete as the land versions and require quite a bit more work to finish them off.

Lots of unfinished models around here and very few modelers with the time to finish them these days.
Mike, when you or someone does work on the "wet" Etendard bear in mind that the wing tips are folded manually by the ground crew. So trigger to fold them back down where there would be people around to do so and not after taxiing way out to the hold short. :wink: