The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Scenery Package availability?

Technical support for the MAIW website and forums.
martinlest

Scenery Package availability?

Post by martinlest »

Hi. I joined the forums (I fly 99% civil aviation, or I would have done so before no doubt) here specifically to ask where I might be able to get the various scenery bgl files that are demanded by a lot of military bases for FS9 I have downloaded recently. The usual instructions are that 'they are available in various MAIW packages', but short of downloading a random selection to locate the bgl files (I tried a few, and didn't find any of them!), I am at a loss. The one link that someone had given no longer exists:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/filelibr ... yfiles.htm

and I can't find any others.

The files are, as an example (and as I am sure you are well aware!) as below. I also went into the Fightim/AVSIM libraries, in search of an integrated package, but in vain. What's the quickest way to get all these files? Do they not come as a package somewhere?

Thanks,

Martin :)

MAIW Atsugi Objects Lib
MAIW Beaufort Objects Lib
MAIW Cargo Objects Lib
MAIW Czech Objects Lib
MAIW ABO Objects Lib
MAIW Polish Objects Lib
MAIW RAF Control Towers Lib
MAIW RAF Hangars Objects Lib
MAIW Oprational Buildings Objects Lib
MAIW RAF Domestic Buildings Objects Lib
MAIW Technical Buildings Objects Lib
MAIW Fence JS Objects Lib
MAIW British Military vehicles Lib
egxc blgds Objects Lib
Raf gse 1980’s Lib
Parking lots large ss Lib
Grossetto Objects bgl Lib
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Scenery Package availability?

Post by Sluffer77 »

Hi Martin.

As I understand it you will need to download the relevant packages in order to get the various BGL files you need, The Polish one will be in the Mig-29 package, the RAF ones in an RAF package etc...

There is no one BGL library packaged file to download.

The Owls Nest which holds all the MAIW packages can be found in the Resources tab at the top of this page, you can then narrow your search to find the packages either by Country, Aircraft etc....

Hope that helps in some way

Gaz :)
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

OK, thanks. Be good if someone put together all the scenery bgls into a package though, wouldn't it? Especially as it seems the only way to find them now is by trial and error.

I tried the Owl's Nest before I posted here, but found none of the bgl files in the packages I downloaded. I tried Googling the file names, but that led to forum threads rather than any downloads..

M.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Martin we have discussed doing this in the past but you're talking over 100 different scenery libraries and THOUSANDS of textures that go with them.

The sheer size of such a collection would be very difficult to manage not to mention be an enormously large download.

The problem with offering the scenery libraries for download is that someone would have to constantly manage each library to make sure it was the latest version. That takes manpower that we just don't have these days.

I understand that it's not fun to have to hunt down all the different libraries to get a scenery to work but you're talking about third party sceneries that MAIW does not support that are using our libraries.

To be honest, scenery libraries were never meant to be utilized in this way, piecemeal taking one or two objects from a bunch of different libraries to make a new scenery. That fact that it can be done is a bonus to everyone.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

Fair enough! :)
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Mike.

I only started ADE scenery design just over a year ago. What has been achieved by MAIW with their scenery packages has been nothing but a revelation and bonus for us.

I can understand what Martin wants but as you rightly pointed out these libraries have to be gleaned from the many packages that MAIW release.

The texture sizes do vary depending on the package.

Yes time consuming to download but once you have them they can be placed in one place for easy access to install when required.

With all new packages I await to see what new libraries have been made so that I can add them to my growing library.

My words to Martin is Hang in there. "As they say Little by Little" and your library will grow so quickly.

So glad we have these observations and the ability to respond in the forum.

To all that produce the library packages and textures a massive thank you. Not forgetting MAIW and the lads that over see it. My thanks to you also.

Brian

:D :D :D
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

OK, thanks for the encouragement. In fact, I already have a huge collection, gigabytes and gigbytes, of generic libraries (Runway12, EZScenery and so on and so forth), but many of those I was able to download as packages from AVSIM.

What would surely be useful here at least is a list of the a/c packages (forum 'sticky'?) which contain the required bgl files, if anyone happens to have that information, or could compile it without too much hassle..

Thanks again,

Martin
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

martinlest wrote:OK, thanks for the encouragement. In fact, I already have a huge collection, gigabytes and gigbytes, of generic libraries (Runway12, EZScenery and so on and so forth), but many of those I was able to download as packages from AVSIM.

What would surely be useful here at least is a list of the a/c packages (forum 'sticky'?) which contain the required bgl files, if anyone happens to have that information, or could compile it without too much hassle..

Thanks again,

Martin

Here are all our packages:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/packages/index.html

Atsugi objects will be in the Atsugi package.
Beaufort objects will be in the Beaufort package.
Polish objects will be in the Polish package.
Czech objects will be in the Czech package.
Cargo and ABO objects are in 90% of all our packages.
For the RAF objects, I would look at the RAF packages, Grobs would be a good one.
As for the last four I have no idea try the Italian Tornado V2 package.
Mark
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

Thanks. If I find any of my sceneries have blank textures, I'll go and look for the files...

Martin
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Few more scenery files for you to play with Martin just posted up on Avsim.

Look for Dan French or dlf_lib_militaryhangardsbuildings.

Brian

:D :D :D
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

Thanks! Unfortunately, my FS9 SSD failed so I am without FS right now! All files/folders were backed up and up-to-date (thank god), but it'll be a few days before I am back on track!
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

Hi...

Needed another scenery library for an airbase I downloaded (EHLW), but have given up trying to find it. The ReadMe says I need to have various MAIW packages installed for scenery to show up. Specific bases like Atsugi I can find, but there are libraries such as this - "MAIW RAF Hangars Library", "MAIW RAF control towers library" - and so forth, which I can find no trace of in packages or in the forum or on AVSIM - no mention even if I Google or use Google to search the MAIW site ...

So, as I say, I gave up after half an hour. How do you folks actually find such packages?

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

IAF Part 3 for Towers
IAF Part 4 for Hangers

Giorgio
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

martinlest wrote:Hi...

Needed another scenery library for an airbase I downloaded (EHLW), but have given up trying to find it. The ReadMe says I need to have various MAIW packages installed for scenery to show up. Specific bases like Atsugi I can find, but there are libraries such as this - "MAIW RAF Hangars Library", "MAIW RAF control towers library" - and so forth, which I can find no trace of in packages or in the forum or on AVSIM - no mention even if I Google or use Google to search the MAIW site ...

So, as I say, I gave up after half an hour. How do you folks actually find such packages?

Would have thought that the clue was in the file name(s). RAF = United Kingdom. Went to the packages library and selected the United Kingdom and downloaded the first package from the list, and hey presto, all the files are there. :smt005
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

You would have thought right (obviously). RAF, so I went to UK. I then have to download each package till I find what I want? Why did you choose the first? Or would those RAF file be in every UK package in the list?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

martinlest wrote:You would have thought right (obviously). RAF, so I went to UK. I then have to download each package till I find what I want? Why did you choose the first? Or would those RAF file be in every UK package in the list?
It was the first one on the list so I downloaded it. We are not the authors of these files, merely have permission to include them in our packages - hence why they are not available on MAIW as separate entities.

I did, however, go to Avsim and searched for RAF in the FS2004/Scenery Design section;

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Cat ... hange+View

:wink:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
martinlest

Post by martinlest »

Not sure how you found the packages on AVSIM and I didn't (can't recall what search terms i used, but I MUST have entered RAF at some stage), but I dare say you'd have an opinion on that! :D

Thanks!

Martin
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

martinlest wrote:Not sure how you found the packages on AVSIM and I didn't (can't recall what search terms i used, but I MUST have entered RAF at some stage), but I dare say you'd have an opinion on that! :D

Thanks!

Martin
Not quite sure I understand the last part of your post. :?
Stew

martinlest

Post by martinlest »

Don't worry, I was just making a 'joke' at my own expense...
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

martinlest wrote:Don't worry, I was just making a 'joke' at my own expense...
Never worried - always confused.
Stew