The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Janeway
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Elmendorf AFB Version 2 package by MAIW

Post by Janeway »

MIKE JG wrote:Out of curiosity, what graphics card do you have?
Excuse the delay, please....Mike.

My graphics card is an EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti - 1 GB RAM.
My PC has a CPU dual-processor overclocked to 3.2 GHz, and a 2GB RAM DDR-2 overclocked to 1066 MHz.
My hard-drive is a 128GB Kingston SSDnow 200 V.

I'm grateful for you and all those who pointed out potential CTDs around these bases, and more importantly....HOW to solve the problem...!!
The easiest way out - for me - was to UNcheck the Dawn / Dusk setting in FS9 Display settings.

Using SBuilder, I was also able to open both VTP files: the VTPL file at Elmendorf, and the VTPP file at Nellis.
Neither of them gave any indication of any errors, and SBuilder opened them up easily and clearly.
I could see all the LINES at Elmendorf in the VTPL file.
And all the polygons (a couple of hundred....!!) in the VTPP file at Nellis.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

I am starting to fly alot on the west coast USA, all seems good as I have Alaska laid out pretty well with commercial traffic for Anchorage and Fairbanks (aerosoft) and now Eilsen and Elmendorf (maiw) and the skies busy, however I have a minor, well I hope only a minor problem with elmendorf, trees all over the airport and runway, not sure if this is a maiw problem with the airport or another addon but its really bad with this airport and to a very minor extent with another airport I have KNIP (jacksonville NAS). Pics are attached.

Any help with trying to fix this would be great. Thanks.

Frank
Attachments
fs9 2014-03-21 04-51-54-81.jpg
fs9 2014-03-21 04-50-57-90.jpg
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Any out there that can help??
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Looks to me like you're missing an exclude. Did you try re-installing the scenery?
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Hi Greg, yes, uninstall and reinstall once, will try again

frank
WTCHURSIX

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

If that doesn't work, try moving the Elmendorf scenery to the top of your scenery library in case of other conflicting addons. I would also do a search in the entire FS9 folder for *PAED* to see if you have other forgotten files for Elmendorf somewhere.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

OK, I unistalled Elmendorf, did a search for any other PAED info, I use mytraffic for commercial stuff and nothing there, going to reinstall now : )
WTCHURSIX

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Uninstalled Elmendorf, reinstalled, moved to top of the list, still trees, as mentioned I haven't loaded any realistic tree programs, and if it affected one part of alaska I would think it would bother all of it? Eilsen is fine (scratching my head on what the prob is) OY
WTCHURSIX

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

I have elmendorf and ak and ang installed, do these conflict with each other possibly?
WTCHURSIX

JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi Knarfy

Elmendorf has a landclass file to remove the trees and autogen.

Look in your MAIW landclass folder for elmendorf_lc.bgl.

John
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks John, I'll check it out...
WTCHURSIX

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

John, I looked in the file for Elmendorf and I dont see it there, I looked specifically under the name you mentioned, but nothing, sorry I am a little pc challenged on some things, but looked and dont see it. Do I need to look somewhere else?

Frank
WTCHURSIX

JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi Frank

Use Windows to navigate to the main FS9 folder.

Use the search function, top right corner to search for the word Elmendorf.

Look for files ending with landclass and VTPP in the results.

The landclass file is normally in a different folder, MAIW landclass or the like. My setup is no longer standard so I am guessing now.

The MAIW landclass folder also needs to be activated in the scenery library below the other MAIW sceneries in the library list.

I have a separate folder for all my landclass files so that I can find conflicting landclass files more easily.

If you are using FSX, the VTPP files apparently do not work.

I use Sbuilder to create VTPP files which change the ground surface to grass in order to clear trees.

Hopefully this is of some help.

John
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Well John, I got the trees off the runways, but there are still some in the taxiway areas, so not sure what to do now. Its frustrating and I may leave it alone for now and what for a fresh install, that way I can monitor more closely exactly what goes on there. I did take the LC Elmendorf out, and it got much better. But something still askew

Thank you for helping

Frank
WTCHURSIX

JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Hi Frank

I have had similar frustrations in the past with other sceneries.

Read this post to the end first.

Firstly scan your FS9 Addon Scenery\scenery file for PAED and then Elmendorf. Highlight then cut the the files found. Paste in a new folder. Give it a name you will find easily.
Paste the bgl files into this folder.

Run FS9. Observe the results.

If no fix, then, what I would suggest is, scan for the word Elmendorf using the Microsoft search.
Highlight and delete all the results.

Then scan for PAED. Again delete all the results.

Then reinstall the Elmendorf package.

This is extreme. Reinstall before starting your sim, otherwise it will warn of missing sceneries.

From reading the posts in this thread there are a few versions of PAED files in circulation.
I think there are exclude files conflicting with each other.

Regards

John
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Sounds good John, thanks.

Frank
WTCHURSIX

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

I took everything related to elmendorf and then PAED and put into a seperate folder on the desktop. Not sure if I totally missed this, but I had the original version of Elmendorf and from this page I am downloading and installing V2 soooooo :oops: and will see how it goes. Check out the pics of the airport location, nothing there at the present. Download is complete so here goes. Will post more info in just a little bit.

Frank
Attachments
fs9 2014-03-23 14-11-52-06.jpg
fs9 2014-03-23 14-11-37-73.jpg
WTCHURSIX

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

well, took all the possible problems out and tried reinstalling, still problems, now not only did Elmendorf have trees, but so did Pensacola and to a small degree KNIP Jax NAS. Not sure what happened.

But will work on a fresh reinstall, first FS9, then the textures/meshes etc, get them down first, then airports commerical and military, then last but not least the planes. Wish there might have been an easier way OY !!!!!
WTCHURSIX

JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Frank

It sounds like you have removed or disabled the MAIW landclass folder.

The scenery designers use Sbuilder to change the ground cover around the airport either with photo tiles or using a grass cover.
I have only figured this out lately. This change in ground cover removes the autogen trees.

Activate the folder for the landclass and see if the other sceneries return to their correct state.

I suspect you have, or had, duplicate files for Elmendorf so remove only the Elmendorf files in the landclass folder. Install the new ones.

Hoping this solves the problem.

John
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Hi John, I reinstalled FS9 and just loaded the alaska and islands ang and elmendorf bases and here are some pics. Looks sooooo much better. I had the MAIW landclass in my fs9 add on scenery but I suspect another program was giving me all the trouble. I dont even have any military aircraft loaded yet hence the bombardier at elmendorf, I just wanted to see if things were working out, and so far so good, will look better with one of my F-16 or F-15's hauling down the runway. Next is to put in Aerosoft Ted Stevens and then Fairbanks airports for better looks when flying around. What ya think so far??

Frank
Attachments
fs9 2014-03-27 19-28-20-83.jpg
fs9 2014-03-27 19-27-25-22.jpg
WTCHURSIX