The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Minot AFB Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Minot AFB Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Minot AFB Support Thread

Post by merlin101 »

:D Thanks to all concerned, another great package!
Dave
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

You're welcome. Now please read NOTE 1 again. :wink:
tombennett
Cadet
Cadet

Re: New Package: Minot AFB

Post by tombennett »

First time I have had this texture problem. All other MAIW airfields went in OK. When textures for day load up to 58%, I crash to desk top. At night, no problem Minot looks great?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Hi Tom. Welcome to our forums.

Can you check if you have the problem during all four seasons, or just one particual one, please?
tombennett
Cadet
Cadet

Post by tombennett »

Thanks for the reply. Everything OK. I made the mistake of manually loading. As always GREAT AIRFIELD.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Hi, I am trying to download this file and it downloads to 5.3mg of the total 17.2 and then it stops. Just curious if the issue is on the MAIW side or my side with my internet. Thanks. Cant wait to get my hands on this one. Love the BUFF !!!

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Of course 10 secs after I sent my original e-mail I got Minot to download.....its awesome!!!!!
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

maddawg44
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by maddawg44 »

I am having a problem getting my MAIW downloads to work in FSX. I have followed the download that tells me what I am to do, but I still have problems with textures not showing up, or even AI Aircraft.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

maddawg44 wrote:I am having a problem getting my MAIW downloads to work in FSX. I have followed the download that tells me what I am to do, but I still have problems with textures not showing up, or even AI Aircraft.
Hi and welcome to MAIW!

As the first post says, we don't offer official support for our packages in FSX. Not because we don't want to but simply because we don't have enough staff with the necessary FSX experience. There is an "unofficial" FSX portion of the forums however where other users might help you if you post there.

Thanks for your understanding.
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

I was checking Minot after I added the converted B52s. I only had a couple show up and they were all parked on the alert ramp. I decided to look in the scenery folder and saw that there is no main MAIW AFD file anywhere in the package. I installed the scenery in a different drive to look at all of the files and did notice that there is no AFD parking file. Is there one out there that I can load into my scenery? Barksdale has the MAIW_KBAD_ADE9_CUSTOM.BGL file whereas Minot has nothing like that.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Did you install the Minot AB package?
Steve
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

Yes I did install Minot AFB, I looked all in the scenery and could not find any parking files,
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fair enough, then you will have a file called KMIB_ADE9_JS.BGL which has all the parking.

If you don't then download the package again to a temp place and manually copy the files over again, as it maybe that more than one file is missing.
Steve
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

I have that file in my Minot scenery folder. When I go to Minot, I have heavies only on the ramp south of the runway that has 9 parking spots. On the main ramp, I get a few transient fighters but no bombers. I checked in the scenery files and have no other Minot parking files that are not part of the Minot package.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK I think I know what the issue might be.

This is a classic converting to FSX issue.
For FS9 the parking size is hardcoded into the models and for the B-52 they are all set to 29m which means that all the parking is set to take the B52s.
However, FSX ignores this and use the wingspan in the aircraft.cfg.

Now if you use Martins nifty AIAE tool you will see that the B-52Hs size, according to FSX, is 31m and therefore can't use the ramp parking. It will use the Christmas tree ramp as this is set to 40m.

So my guess is that you are using B-52Hs there with an unaltered afcad. If you alter the ramp parking slots sizes to 31m then my guess will be that they will be filled.
Steve
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Grimreaper »

I downloaded Martins AIAE tool and was able to change the wingspan from 200 to 190 which gave me the 29m needed to populate all of the ramps. So thank you for that advice as I now have more B52s. I would like to be able to modify the ADE so I can change the parking spots. I am currently using FSX SE as it is a more stable version then the original FSX that I was using. The problem with that is that I do not have the SDK tool needed to make ADE work. Do you have any recommendations for me to be able to modify parking? I do appreciate the help you have given me with this issue.

Derek
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

What SDK tool to make ADE work?
As far as I was aware you install it and load.

Are you aware that the SDK comes with the steam version?

I know that you are working on an afcad fix but you should be very careful about amending the wingspan of an aircraft. It can have a nasty side effect sometimes. The fde is a balancing act and is built to work a certain way. For instance the wingspan has a direct effect on flap settings, ceiling and cruise speed, never mind the subtle changes to other areas.

I would suggest putting the wings back as they were, as you have proved the cause of your issue.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Firebird wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 12:57 What SDK tool to make ADE work?
As far as I was aware you install it and load.

Are you aware that the SDK comes with the steam version?
ADE requires BglComp and Shp2Vec.

The SDK that comes with FSX:SE is pretty much useless since it doesn't contain the compilers. For some reason Dovetail isn't allowed to include them from Microsoft. Luckily the P3D v1.4 SDK is freely available and and can be used with FSX.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's weird. I have FSX SDK sp1a and sp2 with my Steam version.

Ah well, it seems that Greg has a solution to fit the occasion.
Steve