The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Italian AMX Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Italian AMX Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Italian AMX Support Thread

Post by petebramley »

Cheers Guys

The package looks fine so far but it took me 8 attempts to download a valid zip file. !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
viper810

Post by viper810 »

Hello

I have a double HAS problem at Istrana. All duplicate files are removed.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

there is a file in the italian airbases scenery file you need to remove. Can't remember its exact name but it
has Istrana's ICAO and ABO in the filename. will check the exact name this evening when I get home.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

This is a problem noticed during package tests.
It is due to the LIPS files coming from the previous MB339 package.
Here are the files to be deleted from your Addon Scenery\MAIW Italian Bases directory:
MAIW_AFX_LIPS_CUSTOM.bgl
MAIW_LIPS_ABO.bgl
MAIW_LIPS_Exclude.BGL
MAIW_LIPS_Flatten.BGL
MAIW_LIPS_VTPP.BGL

Giorgio
viper810

Post by viper810 »

Ok thanks for help. :)
Wings of Gold
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wings of Gold »

I have installed the LIBV scenery files and AT and BR files as required (I use a different LIPS). I can not open many of the traffic files because AI Flight Planner gives me this "ALERT" if the traffic files uses any of the AT, BR or GR AF2's: "This Flight Plan refers to an airport (AT08) not known to this system or for which the time zone cannot be determined. It can not be edited using local time". Is there a way to have it recognize your (AT, BR, GR) AF2's? Those AF2's are in my Add-on scenery, scenery folder. See the attached screen-shot.

Best regards, Bill
Attachments
MAIW Traffic file problem.jpg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I have just checked my system I have found that AIFP does pick up the afcads fine and has the details next the waypoint in the airports list.

I see that you are using the latest version so what you need to do is to add the airports to the AIFP database. Even if you add airports to an active folder that AIFP is aware of it does not dynamically add the new afcad details.

You need to go to the Airports menu and select Find/Collect Airports and update with your add add-on airports selecting with your scenery library. The AIFP doc will explain if you have not done this before.
Steve