The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NAS Pensacola by Desmond Burrell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

NAS Pensacola by Desmond Burrell

Post by MIKE JG »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: NAS Pensacola by Desmond Burrell

Post by MIKE JG »

The guys have worked very hard on this one with the El Centro NAF scenery. Since this base sits below sea level in the default version of FS9, modifications of its elevation had to be made to accommodate the AI traffic.

The base/scenery was tested against a default FS9 setup and also seems to work well with add on mesh that is available for that area, both freeware and payware.

If you experience elevation issues, please let us know.
-Mike G.

hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

Wow, what a surprise. A big thanks to everyone involved.
I only had a quick look at the sceneries so far.
There is a slight issue with the IFOLS at El Centro. The "nearest" IFOLS lights are missing. (There are supposed to be 3 macros for the IFOLS, the 3rd one - for the closest distance - is missing).
Hartwig

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Here's a fix that John has made for that IFOLS issue at El Centro.

If you have downloaded the package already and experience the issue Hartwig mentions above, download this new file and place it into your Flight Simulator 9/Addon Scenery/MAIW El Centro NAF (KNJK)/Scenery folder. Allow it to overwrite the old version.
Attachments
El Centro IFOLS.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Fixed version has now been uploaded.
-Mike G.

Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

It looks like a few of the paints are doubled up or missing for the blue angels? I have found 2x F18D number 7`s, 2x F18C number 2`s & 2x F18C number 3`s. Numbers 8, 9 & 0 are missing.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Ralph, in real life there are more than 6 aircraft that are painted up as Navy Blue Angels. It's just that when you see them at an airshow, they only bring 1-6 and one or two spares.

They actually have several more aircraft that are used by the team and based at Pensacola. The actual number on the side of the jets is irrelevant as they can be swapped fairly quickly when needed to be any of the aircraft.

Hence the package features these extra aircraft.
-Mike G.

Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain

Post by Rotten Ralph »

Thanks for the explanation Mike, I didn`t realise that.

Dave
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

Hi,

When i lunch fs9 on nas pensacola, my fs9 crash when it charge level folders, some comments ?!?

I don't have any mesh folders.

Thx

Jeanpy
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

This is the most up to date version of the NAS Pensacola AFCAD, it is also the same one included in the Pensacola Texans package.
Attachments
MAIW_AF2_KNPA_Custom.zip
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

I have a slight problem with Pensacola right now and hoping someone here can help, I just did a fresh install of FS9 and all my airports commercial and military check out of except for this one, I got trees in all the runways and now sure what to do. Eilsen and Elmendorf, Anchorage and Fairbanks all check out ok. So the question is, anyone have an idea what I can do to fix this. Thanks.

Frank
Attachments
fs9 2015-01-22 10-10-50-71.jpg
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I would try scanning your FS9 Scenery and Addon Scenery folders for any and all files that might have "KPNS" in their name. It looks like you have conflicting scenery files causing that.

That may be a result of duplicate AFD files for PNS. If you have a proggy called 'ScanAFD' try running that for KPNS.

Also try disabling the MAIW KPNS scenery and see if the trees are still present even with the default scenery for PNS.
-Mike G.

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks Mike, will give it a try !!!!
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Mike, I found a .bgl file in namc\scenery\ap924210.bgl that is show ICAO code KPNS and IATA code PNS, do you think this might be the conflict that is causing the trees in my runway for my NAS Pensacola? I dont want to remove it worried that I might mess up the sim w/out checking with you/someone who knows alot more about this game then me : )

Thanks

Frank
WTCHURSIX

JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Frank

The files that start with AP9xxxxx.bgl are the default files for airports. You can remove them or modify them if you know what you are doing. Removing them will remove the default airports.

Everything I have read will suggest that you leave these alone.

Make sure you have the AB924210.bgl in place as this lays down the Airport Grass and removes the objects and vegetation from the Airport surface.

When scenery makers modify the default airports, the programs they use code in a section to remove the information of the default file and then code in the new information.

New land-class files are coded to place new information on top of the default scenery. Creating a new layer on top of everything else.

In your case, check if the airport grass is on the airport, then the AB9xxxxx.bgl file is in place.

If this does not resolve the situation, it would appear that you have a file or set of files that change the default land-class.

What might be the issue is the landclass files that come with the sceneries.

I install all my landclass files in a folder that I activated just above the default files in the scenery library manager. All my new airports are above this on the list.
When flightsim loads the files are loaded from the bottom to the top, one above the next like stacking books on a shelf. This is like a table cloth on a table. You have top put it on before you lay the crockery and cutlery otherwise it will cover the later.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

John
dktrenner76
Cadet
Cadet

Pensacola "Blue Angels" package

Post by dktrenner76 »

Downloaded the Pensacola package and now have 10 great looking F-18Cs flying. Question I have is the tail numbers, several repeat themselves and some are missing. Is this right?

Thank you, DKT
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes that is the real world situation with the Blue Angels.

They have more than 7 jets when you include the spares. The package accurately reflects this.
-Mike G.

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi, I don't remember to have seen this when I've origilìnally installed. Updated the El Centro IFOLS.bgl as stated above.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, Giorgio
caricare immagini
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Ah yes, the old El Centro below sea level issue. Don't ask me how to fix it though.
-Mike G.

pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by pslinger »

I recently downloaded NAS Pensacola, both the Pensacola Texans and NAS Pensacola. There are three parking spots where there are between eight and twelve parking spots stack on top of each other. Two of the spots are east of RWY 1 with the parking codes 479T T1A T6 M001 and the other parking spot is south of RWY 25 with the parking code VT10 T6 M001. I've also downloaded the AFCAD from the forum and it also has the same issue. I've looked through the forums however I was unable to find any information. I would like to un-stack these parking spots, just not sure where they belong. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.