The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RNAS Culdrose by Gary Barker

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

RNAS Culdrose by Gary Barker

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: RNAS Culdrose by Gary Barker

Post by swp53 »

Having a problem with downloading, it gets to 52% of the zip and stops? Tried 3 times and the same every time. Tried asgain and on the fifth go it got to 75% of zip 55.5 MB previous attemts 40.3 MB.
Past Beta Tester
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Google Chrome blocked this download as malicious three times and I had to go into Google Chrome's advanced settings and under privacy remove the check from the "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" option in order to prevent the block.

I've never seen this with an MAIW download before and I just did a quick download of another MAIW package and it was not blocked with the "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" option checked in the Google Chrome advanced settings.

Must have been a false positive on the MAIW RNAS Culdrose download by Google Chrome.
Last edited by mikewmac on 09 Oct 2015, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
    Mike M.
    Greg
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Not much we can do about that, unfortunately. We've been having time-out issues with our servers for quite a while now. :|

The only thing I can suggest is to try again later.
    Garysb
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Be aware that if you are following the AI helicopters they may be out of frame due to the take off animations.
    Thought I would pre-empt that one
    I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
    Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
    hawk_sh
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

Thank you for this large package.

Two observations I made after installing:
    1)
    At Glasgow-Prestwick I found an AFCAD file named MAIW_AF2_EGP1_UKMIL.bgl, dated /04/2005, which is made for helicopter operations.
    Anybody knows from which package this file comes from?

2)
    On the HU5 Sea King model one of the main rotor blades is almost completely yellow while on the other 4 rotor blades only the tip of the blade is yellow. Is this intended to be like that or is this a "mapping issue"?
    On the ASaC7 model only the tips of the rotor blades are yellow.
    Hartwig

jimrodger
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

In the Merlin FPs the Prestwick Heli ICAO is designated as EGP1, whereas the RN Sea Kings are using E1PK.

Am I losing the plot or is there a reason for this.

I have an AFCAD for EGP1 from a previous installation (the AAC WAH-64 Apache package) and it doesn't seem to line up on anything in particular.

Love the package, just abit confused at the mo.

Jim
    "When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
    clickclickdoh
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

hawk_sh wrote:2)
    On the HU5 Sea King model one of the main rotor blades is almost completely yellow while on the other 4 rotor blades only the tip of the blade is yellow. Is this intended to be like that or is this a "mapping issue"?
    hawk_sh
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

clickclickdoh wrote:
    hawk_sh wrote:2)
    :oops:
    Thanks, never seen that before.
    Hartwig

bismarck
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

A couple of problems.
    Merlin is not on the ground when parked, and some problem with textures. Seem to be blurred.
    It's just me?

Giorgio
    Garysb
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Bismark you are correct they do just sit off the floor, to be honnest I never looked that close
    Will just need a slight mod to the contact points I believe, I will get john to have a look
    With regards to the paints firstly make sure your textures are set to massive

@ jim
    I will have a look at the preswick afcad and come back to you

Gary
    I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
    Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
    Joseph29
    Colonel
    Colonel
    Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I have the newest UK2000 scenery for Prestwick (the FS9 version). Does anyone have a AFCAD for that scenery that has parking for these new helicopters?
    jimrodger
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Re the rotor blade colouring: the top surface and about a foot from the tip on the underside was painted differently to give a strobe effect to enable the sar helos to be seen easier when in the hover. The underside paint job was more for the crew to see the limit of the rotor disc and its proximity to obstacles. Hope this clears any confusion.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
    "When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
    Tranquil
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Joseph29 wrote:I have the newest UK2000 scenery for Prestwick (the FS9 version). Does anyone have a AFCAD for that scenery that has parking for these new helicopters?
    If you copy over the afcad MAIW_AF2_E1PK.bgl from Garys Prestwick scenery folder to your uk2000 Prestwick scenery folder you should be able to use that, otherwise they will use the main runways...

Much thanks

Mark
    Image Image
    The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
    Garysb
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Sorry for the contact points the modification got lost somewhere in the flow

Please find attached an update V1.03 to the FDE and .air file - just overwrite files in the Merlin aircraft folder
    Also new touchdown effect added - copy into effects folder

Greg can you update the installer please

I will look into the afcad issue on Sunday

Gary
    Attachments
    JEAI Merlin Update V 1.03.zip
    (13.34 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
    Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
    pcremin
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by pcremin »

Hi there, I am having download problems with this file. I am not using google chrome, but straight forward internet explorer. I keep getting interruption at about 60%. This is the first time I have ever has this problem with your site. Any suggestions

Thanks

Paul
    david.harwood
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by david.harwood »

Hi,

Same as with the latest Jayhawk package I can't seem to download this package. I've tried Chrome and IE but get to about 80% then get a download interrupted message. On the restart, it completes but then the zip file is empty.

I'll try on the other laptop tomorrow and at least I can pop it on a memory stick and transfer it over if it works but not sure why this is happening for the second package. Hopefully this is an issue you guys can look into as I've never had this issue before an I'm always impressed with the packages you produce. Hopefully it will transfer into FSX ok as well???
    bismarck
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Installed the new FDE. Ok when Merlin is taxing but, when parked, the wheels are not on ground.

Giorgio
    Garysb
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Bismark, There is a very very slight discepency on the rear wheels depends on which way you are looking at it
    I will see if Mike Mac can adjust it anymore.
    Gary
    Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
    TheFoufure
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

On my PC, the wheels are on the ground, with old and new FDE.