The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Beechcraft King Air 350 Specials

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Jon
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Re: Beechcraft King Air 350 Specials

Post by Jon »

Newer AFCAD for KOKC on AVSIM. Need to add ANG parking as near as I can tell.

kokcv0112.zip
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

For Ft. Hood, only 2 MC-12W. You can google "N316W", which left to be mod'd and see it's another model under the Constant Hawk program.Redstone AAF, AL, Hunter AAF, GA (scramble shows 7) and Ft. Huachuca, AZ (shows 1) will be your primary bases for Army versions. Others will be in various busy places like Iraq and AFG. Eventually these will all be EMARSS models with the ER tanks and long nose.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Hi,
Hate to be one of those begging types (but will be anyway).

John, while you are King Air-ing would you consider updating the B200 model to include the versions with the Strakes (and the 3 & 4 blade props while I am being greedy). It would b great to have FSX native versions of the B200.

While I am grovelling, did a paintkit for your B200 ever get released? I looked in all the usual places but couldn't find one.

thanks
Gavin
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

gavinc wrote:While I am grovelling, did a paintkit for your B200 ever get released? I looked in all the usual places but couldn't find one.

thanks
Gavin

http://htai-models.com/downloads.html
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The 300s/350s are enough for me to be getting on with at the moment Gavin, without getting into B200s in FSX code.

Just as a quick update, In addition to the specials, I've made two of the generic models for users to paint and I'm about to put the third generic version together. People here have also been contributing flight plans, which is great.

Just got side tracked the past couple of weeks with a real world re-decorating project, but that's nearly done now.

John
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

The 300s/350s are enough for me to be getting on with at the moment Gavin, without getting into B200s in FSX code.
Thanks John, quite understand. I wrongly assumed that since the B200s for RAF Cranwell were already done it would be a quick edit to modify them.

Thanks
Gavin
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

gavinc

I believe your are on about the 45sqn B200's that were released by Dinga69. These were done on the HTAI model for which
there is a paintkit. I think these will work in FSX but someone else will have to confirm as I do not currently run FSX.

Regards
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

John Young wrote:T

Just got side tracked the past couple of weeks with a real world re-decorating project, but that's nearly done now.

John
I cant stand it when that happens :D

You have my sympathy

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

HTAI B-200's work fine in my FSX. Use Martin Gossman's (the Owl) MAIW Texture Replacer prop fix.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Jon wrote:Newer AFCAD for KOKC on AVSIM. Need to add ANG parking as near as I can tell.

kokcv0112.zip
I made my own for FSX with the ANG parking if anyone wants a gander.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

petebramley wrote:gavinc

I believe your are on about the 45sqn B200's that were released by Dinga69. These were done on the HTAI model for which
there is a paintkit. I think these will work in FSX but someone else will have to confirm as I do not currently run FSX.

Regards
Nope - I am referring to the ACG King Air. It is an FSX native model.

Gavin
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sorry Gavin, I interpreted your request for a range of B200 models and paints, you didn't mention the RAF aircraft specifically. I did in fact make the RAF B200s to go with the FSX ACG RAF Cranwell scenery about 5 years ago. They are indeed in FSX native code. Here's the flightline:

I'm not sure where they were uploaded at that time, but tomorrow, I'll arrange for a copy to be put in the Download Hangar.

John Y.

Update:

I've uploaded my FSX RAF B200 King Airs and they should be available as soon as they have been processed. I've also uploaded the ACG FSX scenery of RAF Cranwell to go with them:

I haven't produced an FS9 version of the aircraft because they are available elsewhere, based on the HTAI model, as indicated in previous posts here. I have however, uploaded the FS9 version of ACG RAF College Cranwell if users want to use it. Both the FSX and FS9 versions of the scenery were produced by Keith Steadman and Stephen Legg. Note that the scenery and the FSX aircraft were produced 5 years ago and the liveries may need updating. There's a paint kit in the aircraft zip that I hope will be useful.

John Y.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

FWIW:
I painted some B200's for FS9 in Royal Navy colors back in 2011.
I think they may still available here (MAIW).
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Is the Cranwell scenery (FS9 version) updated? Or is it just the old scenery uploaded here?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I thought I made that clear - "Note that the scenery and the FSX aircraft were produced 5 years ago". I've just uploaded them here for convenience.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm almost done with the B300/350 Specials plus the RC-12X (B200). There are separate models and textures for FS9 and FSX native code and I have a few flight plans I've produced along with those kindly produced by other people here. This is the flightline of 11 examples (with individual serial numbers in most cases):

I've also made 3 generic models plus a paint kit that users can create other variations of representative B300/350s. The first model has the standard engine and long strake, the second one has the over-wing luggage bins behind the engines and the third one is the 350ER with the over-engine fuel tank "hump":

There is quite a variation in aerial arrangements in the real world and to a lesser extent, strake arrangements, but I hope these 3 models will suffice.

Steve (Firebird) has discovered and kindly gathered photos of a 6th would-be RAF "Shadow R1" - it's painted as an R1, but is still a civilian airframe and has not yet had the attachments installed for the role. It's used for crew training, we believe. I'm going to add that model, but while I'm doing that and preparing the documentation for the package, are there any other B300/350 "specials" anyone is desperate for please? I'm well aware of the great range of possibilities, but if there is something that I've missed that is really wanted, I'll see what I can do to fill the gap, particularly if the requester is happy to provide the flight plans.

John Y.
Last edited by John Young on 04 Apr 2016, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Quick Info, for anybody liking that sort of thing, the 6th aircraft is a B350C registered as G-LBSB to GAMA Aviation at Farnborough. It does use 14 sqn callsign when flying squadron training sorties. From what I have read you can track its flights.

In the future this aircraft will be converted to an R1 and there will be a further 2 new builds to bring the total of op aircraft to 8.
Details here https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... rs-419937/.

We now return you to the regular broadcast.
Steve
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

John Young wrote:Sorry Gavin, I interpreted your request for a range of B200 models and paints, you didn't mention the RAF aircraft specifically. I did in fact make the RAF B200s to go with the FSX ACG RAF Cranwell scenery about 5 years ago. They are indeed in FSX native code.
My fault John,
I thought that as you were basing your King Air 350 on your older model, what I was saying would make sense. I should have been clearer

Gavin
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No, the B300/350s and the RC-12X are all built from scratch. I've learned quite a bit in the last 5 years and preferred to start with a clean slate.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

John, the only other mission mod is the extended nose found on Emarss and US Customs 350s, for the retractable Flir turret. As for stakes, the mission 350 should have the duel extended (larger) and almost all should have the duel as this mod is a performance enhancement like the winglets.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris