The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

The Polish Air Force Project

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
JNDVirtual

Re: The Polish Air Force Project

Post by JNDVirtual »

maverick69 wrote:To represent the "ORP Generał Tadeusz Kościuszko" Mark Griggs developed a set of USN "Perry class" frigates as static objects, available on Flightsim.com, but they are for FS9.
Filename: marks_usn_frigates_complete.zip
Thanks for the heads-up. For now, I'm going to repaint AJ Weber's set, as they were made for FSX and can be used as AI. I'm going to send the two frigates out to sea and let the user go find 'em. ;)

And for those of you who know Poland, yes, I have the Kosciuszko at the wrong port. Let's call that screenshot a visit. The final version will have the ship at its proper port of Gdynia (which I also have to make, as FSX does not show the Gdynia port).
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Still toying around with Gdynia. Needed a break, so I threw a basic flightplan for the two frigates and the four submarines of the Polish Navy.

Here, the ORP Sokol and the ORP General Kazimierz Pulaski are at their home port in Gdynia. The Polish Naval Academy is the group of rose buildings in the background.
Attachments
epok_port.jpg
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Flightplans and painting. Still going. Will probably miss the end-of-month deadline, but I'm trying to get this right.

In the meantime, enjoy a shot of the 1st Air Base at Warsaw Chopin Airport.
Attachments
Five PZL W-3s and two Embraer 175s of the sit at the military terminal at Frederic Chopin Airport in Warsaw, Poland.
Five PZL W-3s and two Embraer 175s of the sit at the military terminal at Frederic Chopin Airport in Warsaw, Poland.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

And...it appears that the Polish Armed Forces have again restructured, and the MAIW unit nomenclature in the Polish MiG-29s package is no longer used.

NOTE: The following is written in an American-centric way for clarity purposes.

Here's how the 21st Tactical Air Base at Swidwin is structured (courtesy Wikipedia Poland):

Headquarters Section
Operations Group
  • 1st Flying Squadron
  • 2nd Flying Squadron
  • Operations Support Squadron
Maintenance Group
  • 1st Maintenance Squadron
  • 2nd Maintenance Squadron
Logistics Group
  • Mission Support Squadron
  • Security Forces Squadron
So it appears that the flying squadrons are no longer independently numbered as they are in the U.S. (i.e. 11th Bomb Squadron), but are instead simply generically numbered subordinates of a base-level unit, similar to the U.S. Army (5-101 AV representing the 5th Battalion of the 101st Aviation Regiment). So instead of squadron-centric parking codes (i.e. 7ELT representing the 7 Eskadra Lotnictwa Taktycznego, or 7th Tactical Air Squadron), the codes now look to have to be base-centric (i.e. 21B1 representing the 1st Squadron of the 21 Baza Lotnictwa Taktycznego, or 21st Tactical Air Base). It really isn't a problem at a base where all flying squadrons utilize the same equipment, but I will still use that system in case flightplans have a specific squadron deploying somewhere.

I will edit the parking codes of the aircraft in this release accordingly. But it does delay the release a bit.
grzegorz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by grzegorz »

Could you share painting for W-3 from 1st Air Base at Warsaw Chopin Airport? :roll:

Best regards

Grzegorz
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

I need some Polish repaints for my IRIS Mig-29's they are impossible to find. Anyone help? I am 100% polish and I can't wait for this stuff and some skins for my migs.
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
grzegorz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by grzegorz »

Hi,
is this still alive?

Best regards

Grzegorz
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

It's alive...just got some real-world work to knock out before I pick it back up. Stay tuned...
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

dziękuję kolega :smt006
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Did this ever see the light of day?

Ever hopeful!!!!!

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

I had to reconstruct a LOT of stuff after that drive crash, but I did recover quite a bit of it and am trying to pretty it up for release. Life got in the way (hence this big delay), but I did change up some models and flight plans. But I recovered most of the AFCADs. Stay tuned.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Ripcord »

Please do a version that works in P3D. I can help if you need.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Once I get it tidied up for FSX, you can have a go with it in P3D for compatibility.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

And a FS9 version ?
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

FS9 is the default setting around here. It is the other versions that you have to convert yourself.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Okay folks, here's the first beta with the FSX AFCADs only. I'm going to have to dig to find the flightplans and paints, but those of you familiar with AFCADs and creating your own flightplans can have a go at this. Anyone who wants to convert to FS9 can do so, but I am still working on some of these, so a couple of 'em may change.

The AFCADs that have an ICAO code that begins with an 8 are helicopter-specific fields.
Attachments
sf2020_poland_air_force_beta1.rar
(122.36 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks Tim, guess I'm testing in Poland as long as my GPU holds up. Gives me an excuse to fly a Polish Viper.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

I just did a clean install of FSX on my new rig (got the old hard drive in a docking station), so I may re-immerse myself in Poland after I get Kenya out the door. So that C-17 dipping its wings at you might be me. ;)
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello. Is this project always under way ? Thanks.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi JND, have you ever released something of this project?
I'm interested in EPIR and EPPR for the Mi-24.

Can't find them on usual sites.

Thanks in advance, Giorgio