The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Ai Logic Rule Book

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Ai Logic Rule Book

Post by Woogey »

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there was an Ai bible posted somewhere in a galaxy far far away? I am doing an FSX/P3d update of TopGun era Miramar, and the Ai doesn't necessarily follow the directional arrows that I've laid down In ADE X. Also, for some reason, the Tomcat's like to ignore the Hold short nodes, when there is another aircraft already on the numbers, then taxi into the other aircraft to merge as one.

In other instances, instead of following the straight out path to the main taxi-way, the Ai will weave and bob through the parking until it finally reaches a taxiway.

Is there a way to have offset start points on the left and right side of the same runway?

Funny little buggers!

-Woog
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Ai Logic Rule Book

Post by Firebird »

I can't answer the first couple of questions as I don't have the system installed.

I would guess though that there is an afcad problem. If there is an aircraft on the runway and another aircraft enters the runway and parks on top of it then it is most likely a comms issue. Check that you have valid comms and freqs. It sounds like you are currently acting as a VFR airfield.

There is nothing for any system that allows you to have a pairs takeoff or landing. There is no logic for it.
Steve
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

I'm afraid the simple answer as far as my knowledge goes is no for all those points.

I'm not sure about the hold short behaviour-I've never seen it on my system when a single AFCAD is in play. That said if you have more than 1 AFCAD overlaid on the main one (in order to allow it to appear that 2 A/C are taking off at once for instance), then that would cause that issue.

The AI will take the most direct route to the hold short, and if that involves going though parking and other parked aircraft, then **** it :P. The only way to avoid this I can think of with drive-thru parking is to have 1 afcad with all the lines and another with the parking and more suitable routes to the runways, with centre lines turned off, sitting on top. That however takes a while to make.

You can't offset starts for different sides of the runway (unless you do the multiple afcad trick, but then you might get the aircraft ghosting issue again).The AI always goes to the one at the end of whatever runway is active. If that involves crossing the runway and ignoring a closer entrance that isn't the furthest towards the end of the runway, then thats exactly what will happen.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Post by Woogey »

By the way I just want to let everybody know that Ai behaves and looks much better in Prepar3d version 3.2 than it does in FSX! Somebody asked the question if the Ai worked, so I move the tomcats over. Not only did they show up, the canopies are clear, and the Jets stop at the hold short. Even more importantly, they respect one another, instead of running into each other and merging.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Ripcord »

Interesting -- just saw this thread, Woog. I am still using v 2.5 but I plan to migrate over later this summer (need a few days off to test things as I install).

I love the idea of this thread BTW. I will say that a lot of this can be chalked up to good AFCAD construction, knowing a few of the pitfalls, etc., but still, that can be part and parcel of whatever 'AI behavior bible' that did or didn't exist. I think there probably will never be a true AI Bible per se, but instead we have these forums as 'old testament scrolls'.