The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ACG Gutersloh

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: ACG Gutersloh

Post by VulcanDriver »

I'm totally blown away by this amount of detail. Well done.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I still marvel at some of the sheer quality that people produce. This definitely falls in that category.
Steve
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Manschy »

Thanks all for your kind answers :D
Regards, Manfred.
halcon501

Post by halcon501 »

Impressive work you are doing better and better :)
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sluffer77 »

Stunning work Manfred
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Sorry folks for letting you wait for such a long time - but just to say, work is in progress and this hobby is just one part of my life :wink:

BETA test is still ongoing and here is the proof of sceneries final stage:

All models from the shots are real scenery objects you will get after release 8)
Regards, Manfred.
halcon501

Post by halcon501 »

Awesome mate....take your time :)
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Just to ask for some more patience - but that's life :D

Just because it is a hobby and some circumstances in life, sometimes things don't come to be that quick as expected. So please keep on bearing with this project. Currently, the really complex AI traffic is tested at least.
Regards, Manfred.
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Jonjon »

Hello and thanks for the news!
Don't worry, we will wait patiently :wink:

Fred
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Hi everybody, after such a long while, today I want to inform you, the project isn't dead! As said in another forum, please let me tell it here as well:

Dear community: Please let me tell you, the project isn't dead and still ongoing. But due to the real life and simultaneous work at a native FSX version of both - RAF Gutersloh_X and the Harrier Hides - unfortunately this project has come into a standstill for a while.
I have to say thank you for patience again.
We currently are working on the AI traffic that take such a lot of time to work properly because it is so tricky to let the Harrier do their vertical job correctly!
You have to know, this traffic (adjusted AI Harriers of John Young for the RAF Gutersloh scenery) now have to work for all three sites together. With release, you will get a complete and reworked traffic that offers spotting pleasure for hours....
I feel so positive about that my development partner Michael will get it right. About months, he also is the one-man-testing group and man, I have to tell you he find each missing numberplate or wrong tweaked groundcrew member - I hate him ;-) !!! But after all effort I have to say, it is well worth the wait!
Finally I can say, one of the two sites - the Riege operation area nearby my hometown (ETUH) is completely finished and proofed hidden in a vault. The second site is still a tough nut: Imagine you have an operation site where the Harrier are landing vertically on a plate, taxi across a concrete street, drives along a small path to park correctly inside their hides. Then they have to move straight forward in drive-through-methode by taking a complete other path back to the VTOL pad for take-off. That's only one half of the trick. At the same time, some other Harriers that are landing to the other side of the operation site are landing on another VTOL pad and while taxiing back to the hides, they should NOT clash with Harriers which are taxiing to the pad for take-off. Because the difficulty is the Harriers only have the runway to taxi - in both directions simultaneously! So a hard work to do the perfect timing in the flightplans....
So again, the project is still ongoing - a little slowly of the explained reasons though. But believe me, we are anxious to get the users feedback when these addons are ready. So: Please stay tuned!!!
Regards, Manfred.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Many thanks for the update. I am happy that it is making progress.
Steve
Bora

Post by Bora »

Thanks for the update Manfred !

Gütersloh is still one of my favorite sceneries to use...
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Okay, today - so many days again and again, and I have to say, we are about to release the Harrier Hides pack shortly. AI Traffic is done, the manuals will be packed next days. So I just wonder if there is an interest in uploading the FS9 Harrier Hides here at the MAIW download site. The zipped pack will be around 110 MB...
Please let me know....
Regards, Manfred.
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

I hope so Manfred! Certainly interest from me. Your Gutersloh scenery is in my top 10 for airfeilds to fly to/from!
Dave
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Very welcome, Manfred!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Martin
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thanks, mates. Will inform as soon as release is on standby....
Regards, Manfred.
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

I've really looking forward to this one, perfect complement to Gutersloh!

SeanG
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Okay, today we finished the Harrier Hides pack ready for release! But due to the circumstance that it will take until two days at Flightsim and Avsim ready for downloading, we decide to upload it next Thursday. That's because we want to present the scenery a big audience as possible - means a weekend and not the Tuesday after Easter.
Another issue is the size of our package: Zipped we have an amount of ca. 160 MB, not sure, if we can upload it here at MAIW finally. But if, please let me know, we would be very glad about it...
Regards, Manfred.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Are you familiar with FTP? If so I'll make a quick account for you to upload it to our server. Then you could create a new download item in the hangar with a placeholder file (small txt file or something) and I'll replace it with the real file before publishing.

Would that work?
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Actually I am just uploading it, Greg.
Cheers,
Martin