The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

21st Air Base, Swidwin - Poland

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
viper810

Re: 21st Air Base, Swidwin - Poland

Post by viper810 »

Hello

I am wondering Is there still any progress with this package?
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

What about this project and the Su-22 repaints ?
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

At the moment the project is on hold due to real life.
Hartwig

grzegorz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by grzegorz »

Please, share only repaints :oops: :oops:
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello.

Any news about this project ? No possibilities to share just the repaints ? Thanks a lot.
gerdahahn
Cadet
Cadet

Post by gerdahahn »

Hello Hartwig,

any chance you return to the project? Or share the repaints? I've followed Rainer's susi project for years at the DDR-flugzeuge-forum...

Greetz, gerdahahn
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello

What about the avancement of this scenery ? (and repaints)

Will they be available soon ?

Thanks a lot.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by hschuit »

Hartwig, is your Swidwin/Su-22 project still alive?? Based on our email exchange from Nov last year I thought something would have been released by now? I am still keeping the Su-22 FSX/P3D conversion on hold.

Henk.
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

hschuit wrote: 16 May 2019, 14:44 Hartwig, is your Swidwin/Su-22 project still alive?? Based on our email exchange from Nov last year I thought something would have been released by now? I am still keeping the Su-22 FSX/P3D conversion on hold.

Henk.

Henk, your last post is completely inappropriate!
You are not going to get any answer from me.

Instead I would like to remind you and everyone else here of the forum rules:
https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/43/6931#p67600
These rules can be found on top of every single thread here in this forum.

Henk, what is your intention of bringing up our private email exchange from a few months ago here in the public forum instead of contacting me directly?

I consider your wording and demeanour disrespectful and offensive.
I am not going to tolerate that.
You thereby disqualified from any further cooperation.

I would like to clarify a few points here for everyone to know:
  • I never committed to any release dates or to having anything finished in a certain time frame.
    Here is exactly what I wrote in my email answer last November:
    „... I hope that I will find the time to finish this project in the coming two to three months...“
  • Flight simulation is a hobby for me that I spend my freetime with beside my family and having a full time job.
  • Everything that I create for flight simulation is first of all for my own enjoyment,
    though in the past I have shared most of my work here or on other platforms.
  • I am doing this for free.
  • I do not owe anything to anyone here!
  • I do not owe a justification to anyone on the status of a project, the scope or when and how much I work on something.
  • No one will set me any deadlines in my hobby!
  • No one will put any pressure on me by starting a discussion in a public forum.

Since the topic FSX/P3D conversion was brought up here:

I do not own FSX or P3D hence I do not develop anything for these two sims.

Here are my thoughts about model conversions:
If someone who converts a model from FS9 to a newer sim adds features or does other modifications to the model then from my point of view this is not a conversion anymore. It is a modification.
If a modification affects the mapping of the texture sheet(s) of a model then existing textures may become incompatible or incomplete and will require a rework. This creates additional work with small benefit which from my point of view is unneccessary and inappropriate. With the declining number of people actually creating new content for flight sim these days any unneccessary work should be avoided. It just ties up resources.
  • I explicitly do NOT give permission to have any of my textures modified during a conversion to a different flight sim except the change of the texture format.
  • I explicitly do NOT give permission to have any of my textures included in a conversion package that requires additional textures created by someone else to make a converted model work because of a modification done to the model during the conversion.

And my final words go to everyone here in the forum:

I do not like to receive any further private messages or direct emails from anyone asking me about the status of a project or even requesting me to send them parts of a project in bits and pieces.
This happened quite a few times in the past. These respective people who contacted me I have never seen contributing just a single file to this community themselves. If at all they appeared here in the forum requesting things or suggesting things what other people could or should do.

The more people continue to bother me the less likeley anything from this and other projects will ever be released in the future.

This is my last post here. The thread can be closed.
Hartwig

f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

WOW somebody woke up in a mood today, did your song not win eurovision ?
totally uncalled for.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK Gents, I think a little deep breathing is order here before people that are regarded as good citizens over step the boundary.

I feel that none of us here is under the age of 18 and therefore we should hold ourselves in check rather than others having to step in to maintain order.

Now my remarks are not meant for any person in particular nor are they pointed in any general direction. So please take this in the global spirit that it is written.

What we have here is one member occidentally upsetting another to an obvious conclusion. What everybody should remember here is that although the language spoken here is English not every member is a natural English speaker and should be taken into account.
I personally marvel at, and congratulate, anyone who is fluent enough to converse in more than one language.

Hopefully, these Gents can come to an amicable conclusion to this incident. I also hope that there will not be any 'piling on' from others to inflame the situation. I disliked such things at school when somebody would shout "'Bundle!" and therefore start a massive pileup of bodies on the floor. I dislike them in Internet forums as well.
Steve