The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Misawa Air Base Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Misawa Air Base Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: This package was designed for FS9. Support for FSX and P3D users will not be offered in this thread. However, questions about package conversion can be asked in the "MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion " forum.
buzzbee1973
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Misawa Air Base Support Thread

Post by buzzbee1973 »

Thank you for the great package.

But I had a problem after installaion. When I am at Misawa there are no F-16 visible. Only some of my T-4 and F-22 from Hickham.

For now I could not find the fault. Maybe someone has an idea.

Thanks
Regards

Marcus
BaiterOne
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BaiterOne »

I found mine hiding in and around the shelters
Thanks,

Walter

An FS2004 Die-Hard ...
buzzbee1973
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by buzzbee1973 »

I even checked the closed shelters but couldn't find any F-16.

Only some of my T-4 are stand around.
Regards

Marcus
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

No problem on my installation. A lot of F-16's in the shelters area.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Check to make sure you do not have a duplicate AFD file for RJSM.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

I need to apologize :oops:

I mistakenly credited the flight plans in this package to the wrong author.

The flight plans in this package were created by Menno van den Boogaard (Fokket50) and he has graciously allowed their use in this package.

A new version of the package is being uploaded with the corrected credits along with a corrected Readme file.
-Mike G.

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

A great new model for us to play with. Have been watching F16's all afternoon :D

One question - the landing gear seems to deploy far earlier on approach to landing than any other model. Is this inbuilt to the new model or is it just my system ??
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Further to my last, I have just set up some Flightplans for myself EGQL-EGYM and all of the A/C drop their Landing Gear at the normal point (SD in traffic map) so believe it must be something to do with the TNG's in the Misawa Flightplans.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Not a complaint in the slightest...love the new F-16.

Moving about Misawa and the F-16s seem to be very erratic in changing what I assume are LODs.

I was sitting about 50ft from one on the ground and the flags, weapons and general shape seemed to be flickering back and forth.

Is it just my system or is this a known feature.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Jim that sounds very strange. At that distance there should be no change in LOD's. If your view is stationary, there should be no change in LODs either. LOD change is based on sight distance so should only change when you zoom in or zoom out.

Do you have any images to show us what you're seeing?
-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

petebramley wrote:Further to my last, I have just set up some Flightplans for myself EGQL-EGYM and all of the A/C drop their Landing Gear at the normal point (SD in traffic map) so believe it must be something to do with the TNG's in the Misawa Flightplans.
I'm sure it is. there's only a couple in there with VFR designation so the majority shouldn't do that. You can always edit the flight plans to make the VFR stuff, IFR only. Then the models will only do low approaches instead of actual touch and goes.
-Mike G.

BaiterOne
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BaiterOne »

Hi,

concerning Jim's comment.

When I am about 100 yards away the shape/tone of the F-16 is steady, no 'do not fly' flags showing, no chocks showing. As I approach, the flags begin showing, the chocks show, the undercarriage struts change tone and appear to move, the tanks appear to change either tone or shape, the tail fin changes tone and/or shape, other details gradually appear on the aircraft and in the cockpit. As I get reasonably close (an aircraft's length away) the shape becomes steady again.

Once I am still at any distance the shape remains the same and looks well.

It is like the way details (buildings, landmarks, trees) on the ground 'pop' suddenly in to view as you approach an airport. (They do on my machine anyway!)
Thanks,

Walter

An FS2004 Die-Hard ...
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Walter what screen resolution are you running?? I"m asking because I think we're figuring out that some of you are running such a higher resolution that I am that the model behaves differently for you than it does for me on my modest little laptop.

We may have to go back and redo the LODs and the parts a bit to compensate for the higher end setups.
-Mike G.

andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

I'm having a problem I downloaded the package but no scenery file appears when I go to activate the scenery
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Andy in your FS9/Addon Scenery folder do you have a folder called "MAIW Misawa AB (RJSM)" ??
-Mike G.

andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

well i downloaded it and the folder called maiw misawa ab is not there as is the aircraft files in the aircraft folder
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

i found the problem the files were in a different folder guys you might have downloaded the files to a different folder called program files
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

In the F-16 aircraft folders there are two folders, one is named Inert Weapons and the other is named Live Weapons. Is there anything we are supposed to do with those folders? I read F-16 readme file and I don't see anything that says what to do with those folders.

PS: Thank you so much for the new F-16!!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Joseph the two folders are "live weapons" and "inert weapons" and you can choose which you want for each of the serial numbers, certain loadouts make sense to have live weapons loaded, like the SEAD and Air to Air loadouts. For those you would want the weapons file for the live weapons associated with your models.

For the other loadouts like the air to air training and regular training and SEAD training, those are all loadouts that would typically have only inert weapons for training so you would use the weapons texture from the inert folder. There's even a few that should only carry the inert weapons textures, the FUEL and Air to AIR TRN models come to mind.

This allows you maximum flexibility with the models on your end. You don't have to change anything unless you want to.

We have already set them up this way ahead of time with some having live weapons loaded (weapons have a yellow band around them) while the others have the inert weapons (blue band) around them.
-Mike G.