The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Website/Forum Maintenance: Friday 13th January 2017

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Website/Forum Maintenance: Friday 13th January 2017

Post by John Young »

I'm back to square one. Having cleared the cache, viewed the home page without a problem and exited the site, when I came back in again just now, the latest forum post notices are all garbage again.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Sounds like something is not being cleared out when the browser closes down.

Any joy on any other browser, john?
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Clearing the cache will only help with the forum layout (mainly seeing a bunch of symbols as repeated background image) due to changes in the template.

The phpBB debug code in the latest post module on the front page is a deeper code issue but I'm working with the bridge dev to have it solved. I believe it only happens when you arrive on the front page from an external page and your login is remembered. When you arrive logged-out or from an internal page you don't see it.

Re the symbols: indeed the ones next to "Quick Links" and subsequent buttons depending on your forum role (MCP/ACP) are missing. I'm working on a fix.

Thanks for the feedback. I quite like 3.2 so far, mostly for the reduced posting times due to a change in how phpBB now handles notifications. I know that was still an issue we had, even with the IP check disabled.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just tried Chrome. That got me in without a problem. I checked "remember me", exited and came back in again, no problem. I'm not sure why IE11 is playing up. Kasperski gave the cache a good clean, but obviously it didn't stay that way.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well on the bright side we seem to have a work around for John at least.
I use Firefox and remember me and don't get the problem that Mike does. I didn't even have to clear out the cache, and as I am on W10 we can rule that out as a possibilty.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

jimrodger wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 01:43 Don't know if it's me having brain fade, but Tapatalk doesn't seem to be working.
Jim
Thanks for letting me know. It's not working for me either. I'll see if they have a newer version of the plugin that is compatible.
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Christopher Barbas »

John Young wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 11:03 Is this the bug (Latest Forum Posts highlighted in pink) you were referring to earlier Greg?:

At the moment, I can't restore to the proper state by clearing my IE11 cache. This is from a direct link on my desktop.

John
Good day

I am just confirming this, after the updates and a clean cache, I am having this every time by my first daily visit at the website. It is vanishing after a refresh always. With Google Chrome(last version 55.0.2883.87 m).
Christopher Barbas
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

John Young wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 16:43 I'm back to square one. Having cleared the cache, viewed the home page without a problem and exited the site, when I came back in again just now, the latest forum post notices are all garbage again.

John
Same here at 1315 16 Jan, worked OK yesterday. I'm on win 7 with the latest version of Firefox

Cheers

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Seems OK now at 1510 16 Jan
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Looks fine for me too. Win10 Firefox
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Its gone again 17:17 16 Jan
John

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've cleared my IE11 cache a few times, including cookies, but the latest forum posts on the front page remain garbled. I can still access the forum however, so it's not a huge deal.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've just noticed that the maximum width of an image that can be posted (linked from a host server of course) without having to scroll horizontally seems to have been reduced from 1000 pixels to 800 pixels. Is that correct please and will it stay that way?

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

John Young wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 21:52 I've cleared my IE11 cache a few times, including cookies, but the latest forum posts on the front page remain garbled. I can still access the forum however, so it's not a huge deal.
Greg wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 17:34 Clearing the cache will only help with the forum layout (mainly seeing a bunch of symbols as repeated background image) due to changes in the template.

The phpBB debug code in the latest post module on the front page is a deeper code issue (...)
And the debug code is just displayed above the latest forum posts by the way. You can still see them. :wink:
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

In the previous version the "last post" item pointed directly to the first unread topic post but now it points to the last unread topic post forcing to scroll up till the first unread topic post, if I remember correctly. I found the previous option more useful. Cheers, Maurizio
- Maurizio C.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Are you clicking on the little arrow in the "last post" column, or on the little red paper sheet symbol in front of the topic? The latter only shows when there are unread posts in the topic and should bring you to the first unread post.
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

I usually click on the "RE:..." item in the "last post" column in the "board index" page
- Maurizio C.
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

I just discovered the difference between "red paper" near the topic name and the small grey arrow. Thank you.
- Maurizio C.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Tapatalk fixed!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

John Young wrote: 17 Jan 2017, 15:19 I've just noticed that the maximum width of an image that can be posted (linked from a host server of course) without having to scroll horizontally seems to have been reduced from 1000 pixels to 800 pixels. Is that correct please and will it stay that way?

Greg, you might have missed this one, but apologies if you are still considering it. I notice that my previous image posts now have only 800 pixels visible on the width with sliders to scroll the images horizontally. Are we able to revert to the 1000 pixel maximum please?

Does the 800 pixel restriction now apply to the screen shots posted to the Download Hangar also?

John