The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Randolph AFB by Desmond Burrell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Randolph AFB by Desmond Burrell

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX/P3D will not be offered in this thread as the package was not tested on these platforms.

NOTE 4: ATTENTION: During the final testing of this package, it was discovered that some FS9 may experience a loading crash when viewing the Randolph AFB scenery during times of dusk or dawn. This is due to a texture issue that conflicts with the “dawn/dusk texture blending” option in the scenery options within FS9. We were unable to determine a consistent fix but did not want to delay this package from the community any further.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Randolph AFB by Desmond Burrell

Post by Joseph29 »

About the scenery crashing, there was a fix for it posted here http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forums/t ... 46#p151546
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

I noticed that there are new/different T-38 models (T38CPMP_1c, T38CPMP_2c) included in this package,
also their textures have different filenames (JKAI_T38CPMP_t.bmp).

What is the difference compared to the older/other models from previous packages?
Hartwig

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hello all.
I noticed that the file Randolph Landclass.bgl is in the Addon Scenery\Randolph AFB\scenery directory.
This leads to a memory leak if you stay in the nearby of the airport for long time and, depending on your system, it can bring your FS9 to crash.
Move Randolph Landclass.bgl in your Addon Scenery\MAIW Land Class\scenery directory to avoid this problem.

Regards, Giorgio
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

hawk_sh, my quick research shows a slight change in polys, and now true "C" model updates to intakes (with plugs) and burner cans.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Chris is correct, this is the first package featuring the true C models with new engines and intakes.
aah11b

Post by aah11b »

I found a huge elevation spike northeast of KLSV which is an 'airport' called 'Randolph-turning Pont1 over Grand Canyon'. The elevation is over 15000' and appears as a huge wall. Is this from the Randolph package or is it coincidental and connected to another package such as Nellis? Any idea what file I would have to work on to fix this, or if it is connected to Randolph package, can I delete a certain file, and/or the entire package to remedy this?

Thanks,
Andrew
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Can you tell us what the afcad is called rather than the name please. It will make it easier to find. ta.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

When you are near the spike in the sim, open the built in GPS and get the four letter ICAO code for it. Open the old school AFCAD program and open the same 4 digit ICAO code. Check to see if the "runway" is set to 1 foot width. There's a 99% chance it's not and that is what is causing the problem.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

its part of the Military AI Works USAF T-1 Part 1 AI Package

and the file is MAIW_AF2_RN01.bgl

its set at 15500 ft and runway is 13123 x 328 ft
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

God, how comes it has taken this long to find this out!

I did a quick check and didn't have the problem. I am assuming that this problem is only in FSX.
The runway is only 8' wide and so shouldn't cause a problem but I would follow click's instructions from a couple of posts ago and reduce the width.

N.B.
Another way maybe to change the runway surface from concrete to water.
During my testing I could select RN01 as a start point and it would take me to the runway at 30000'. When I altered the surface to water selecting RN01 would take me to RN01 but on the ground. That might be what is needed.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I flew at 3500 ft at 090 deg straight over it and suddenly I was at 15500 ft. I went into slew mode and maneuvered onto the runway, its a lot more than 8ft wide. For info this was in FS9 too !!
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

For waypoints I use 500ft by 1 ft runways. Flights to them should be IFR anyways so the physical size can be tiny and still function correctly.