The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Post by campbeme »

John,

Download links updated with corrections, and marked as Updated in the hangar.

Cheers
Mark
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

John, I just downloaded the update and have one question. Did you use one paint to represent all RAAF P-3 Orions in this package? Or am I missing the other textures?
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Joseph29 wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 11:56 John, I just downloaded the update and have one question. Did you use one paint to represent all RAAF P-3 Orions in this package? Or am I missing the other textures?

I can answer this one. RAAF P-3s have their serial numbers inside the nose gear doors and as they are very small Ray Parker decided not to add them, hence one texture for all of them.

HTH
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

The updated NAS Patuxent River package will not only be an updated scenery but also lots of additional AI traffic beside John's P-8s Poseidons.
I will need a few more days for some final checks and tweaks of the flight plans.

However the following files will enable you to use the P-8s with the original MAIW NAS Patuxent River package.
NAS Patuxent River P-3s and P-8s.zip
AFCAD file for the original NAS Patuxent River package, flightplans for P-3s and P-8s of VX-1 and VX20
(60.8 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
The following files are included:

MAIW_AF2_KNHK_CUSTOM_mod_HU.bgl
modified AFCAD file of the original MAIW NAS Patuxent River package to provide parking spots for the P-8s

Traffic_MAIW_NAS Patuxent River_mod.bgl
flight plans of the original MAIW NAS Patuxent River package without P-3 Orions and P-8 Poseidons

Traffic_PaxRiver_VX-1_P-3s.bgl
flight plans for two P-3 Orions of VX-1, These were originally part of the MAIW NAS Patuxent River package.

Traffic_PaxRiver_VX-20_P-3s.bgl
flight plans for three P-3 Orions of VX-20, These were originally part of the MAIW NAS Patuxent River package.

Traffic_PaxRiver_VX-20_P-8s.bgl
flight plans for three P-8 Poseidons of VX-20, These were originally part of the MAIW NAS Patuxent River package.

Traffic_PaxRiver_VX-1_P-8s.bgl
flight plans for three P-8 Poseidons of VX-1,
These flight plans are not my work.
I had probably found them on the MAIW forum in 2015.
However the download was a single bgl file and did not include any information reagarding the original author.
The name of the original file was Traffic_VX-1_VP-16 Poseidon.bgl

Make sure to remove or deactivate the original AFCAD file and flightplans.

Enjoy!
Hartwig

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

regan123 wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 11:03 Thanks very much to everyone for this superb package. I have just one quick question, the waypoints in the Indian section numbered INP1-9. Does anyone know which package they are in? Many thanks
That's interesting, for some reason, I don't have them either. We really need John Tenn, who made the Indian scenery to supply the answer. They are not in the final zips that he sent me. Hopefully, John's reply to the PM I've just sent to him will enable me to locate the waypoints for you.

Thanks Mark for swapping out the zips.

John.
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Regan

I did not make any waypoints. The aircraft departed and arrived as desired on my system. The waypoints are all flyovers.

I have not followed the aircraft but they approached VOAR, VAGO and VOPB from the desired direction and departed in the desired direction.

The idea was to simulate initial departure east to the coast. First route clock-wise along the coast to Goa. Second patrol from there northwards returning to Goa. Back to Arakkonam the next day following the reciprocal route. Alternate patrols up the East coast ending at Point Blair for some, others returning to Arakkonam.

I will make waypoints and send them on.

John
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Thanks John appreciate it.

John Y - I've downloaded the updated package. The Florida Orion plans are showing the duplicate aircraft error mentioned upthread. Is that as it should be?
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Indian Poseidon waypoints.

Possibly not required, but here they are anyway.

John
Attachments
Indian Poseidon Waypoints.zip
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

I just wanna say: Thanks very much to everyone for this superb package!
You are the best! (well...you know it, no need to tell you so but thank you again)
Miguel
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

regan123 wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 18:39 John Y - I've downloaded the updated package. The Florida Orion plans are showing the duplicate aircraft error mentioned upthread. Is that as it should be?
Apologies, I updated the traffic file components and put them in the new zip, but obviously forgot to put the compiled .bgls in. I've attached them below. The second one is the FS9 version.

Thanks also to John Tenn for posting the Indian waypoints.

John.
Attachments
Traffic_Florida_P3s_P8s_JYAI_FSX.bgl
(114.65 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Traffic_Florida_P3s_P8s_JYAI.bgl
(88.11 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

John, thanks once again. Loving this package.
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Hi.

A little adition: about the NAS Jacksonville installation instructions in the manual, don't forget to install the Navy Jacksonville Seahawks package.
Miguel
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just a small note about parking for KNIP. Since the original "Florida Orions" package was released, many of the P-3s have been retired to the boneyard (AMARG) or transferred to other units as squadrons transition to the P-8. I have not kept up with these changes in the "Real World changes..." thread as there were just too many to track.

As I like to keep my AI modern (outside of the NBAI Tomcats), I have used scramble.nl to verify which USN P-3s are not longer flying. Another cool AI model that is slowing becoming retro.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The problem Brent and I had was keeping track of the Jacksonville P-8As. Not only were they rotating between VP squadrons but also being deployed overseas. Brent populated Kadena twice and I made the corresponding changes at Jacksonville. By the time the package was released that deployment was probably back home again. New P-8As continued to replace the P-3Cs and it was just impracticable to keep up.

Just as an added bonus for any one that wants it, John B has made the aircraft type vcpmod for the P-8A. You will obviously need Editvoicepack to import it.

John
Attachments
P8A_vcpmod.zip
(595 Bytes) Downloaded 78 times
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Always fun to add a new aircraft type to EDV!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I am just getting around to installing the scenery for the P-8's and I have a question about the YPED scenery. The readme says that I need the file MG_Aussie_Military_Vehicles.bgl in the mg_scenery_lib_obs_col1.zip. It says it's located at flightsim but when I searched for the file it wasn't found. Where can I get that file?
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

One more thing. I am missing the textures for the fence, the small control tower and some buildings. What texture files do I need for them?

The buildings that are missing textures are the miscellaneous ones (not all of them) that are near the main apron and 2 buildings just off the grass runway.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok this is very weird. I deleted all of the objects files I installed for this scenery (like I have the file MG_Wire_Fences_LIB.bgl in the East Sale scenery, but it wasn't in the MAIW scenery object folder) and all of the textures that were missing are now there. Very strange.
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

Joseph29 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 04:16 I am just getting around to installing the scenery for the P-8's and I have a question about the YPED scenery. The readme says that I need the file MG_Aussie_Military_Vehicles.bgl in the mg_scenery_lib_obs_col1.zip. It says it's located at flightsim but when I searched for the file it wasn't found. Where can I get that file?
try to search "mg__scenery_lib_obs_col_1.zip"
- Maurizio C.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

In the screenshot for YPED that is in the readme it shows trees in the sscenery. My scenery (FS9) don't have any trees at all in the scenery. How do I get the trees?
maverick69 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 06:35
Joseph29 wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 04:16 I am just getting around to installing the scenery for the P-8's and I have a question about the YPED scenery. The readme says that I need the file MG_Aussie_Military_Vehicles.bgl in the mg_scenery_lib_obs_col1.zip. It says it's located at flightsim but when I searched for the file it wasn't found. Where can I get that file?
try to search "mg__scenery_lib_obs_col_1.zip"
Thanks. That was it.