The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar

AI models & scenery by Miljan Korac.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar

Post by clickclickdoh »

Albatros@RJTF wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 03:40
Just a heads-up, はくわよう is miss transcription of はくちょう and each airframe has its unique pet name.

See, that's what I get for listening to someone that said it's はくわよう, which made enough sense to me given their role. Now that I know it's the name of the aircraft I will correct them and get fresh uploads up.

The JGSDF EC225s should be going up shortly.

I looked at doing the EC332s, but can't figure out which, if any of the models would be the best choice to represent them.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

AS332 have some reservoir under the belly and there is no enough space in paintkit to be added unfortunately.
VIVA LA VIDA
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

clickclickdoh wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 04:10
Albatros@RJTF wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 03:40
Just a heads-up, はくわよう is miss transcription of はくちょう and each airframe has its unique pet name.

See, that's what I get for listening to someone that said it's はくわよう, which made enough sense to me given their role. Now that I know it's the name of the aircraft I will correct them and get fresh uploads up.

I looked at doing the EC332s, but can't figure out which, if any of the models would be the best choice to represent them.
Download updated and in the hangar now.
Mark
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you so very much for the JGSDF paints and plans. I have one question about the plans. It has RJB2 AND RJB3 in there. Are those waypoints? Or helipads at RJBB? Also what airport is JCGY?
jcapde

Post by jcapde »

French Navy EC225 (n° 2741 ans 2752 ) of Flotille 32F based in Lanvéoc-Poulnic air station, near Brest. Since the end of 2016 32F is disbanded and both helicopters transferred to the Air Force. They are replaced by 31F NH-90 .
Attachments
EC225_French Navy.jpg
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I think there is something wrong with intake on this model. I will check tonight.
VIVA LA VIDA
Albatros@RJTF
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by Albatros@RJTF »

clickclickdoh wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 04:10

Even among natives, badly written HIRAGANAs often cause troubles, it's of course natural for non-natives.
Thank you so much for quick update and found no problem including JCG choppers.

>> AS332L1s
IMHO,
For JCG, model.AS332M1_big_sponsons_sar looks suitable.
For Firechief, model.AS532UL_big_sponsons_mirrors looks matched except lacking hoists on starboard.

Those are both included in MKAI COUGARS package.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Just need to work some bugs out of the flight plans and these should be ready to go in the next few days:

miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I noticed this strange effect on windows on screen Brent has made. All of them are made of same material and are textured to get reflective look but one on doors doesn't appear reflective. Might be some bug with SDK but when I have time I will rework windows for this model.
VIVA LA VIDA
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Milan,
I have a small problem with the Cougar. Up close they sit on the ground nicely but when you move away they sink.
Also they take off like conventional fixed wing aircraft and not vertically....yet only last week they lifted vertically and looked great.
I have not made any changes to my sim other than install a Spanish scenery.
Do you have any ideas because i've tried everything I can think of!

Image Image

Rick
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

The normal cause for the sinking feeling is that the height of the scenery afcad is different from the default afcad.
Check that out first.

On the take off it could be that it looks like a normal takeoff but in fact it is off the ground but the difference in afcad heights gives it a false sense. So check the heights first.

The clue here is the fact that you installed some new scenery. I am willing to bet that if you disabled it then everything would be fine again.
Steve
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Thanks, I have checked the AFCADs but not the default height.
The bit that confuses me is when im up close to them they sit correctly and do not sink....then when I back away they sink. As if the LODs are different.
And if they took off vertically lower than the surface they would rise but they dont, they just glide along the runway at the height they taxi in and then the nose lifts and it takes off... I'll try and do a video of it.
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xgXH88tGk
Shows the problem when you are further away and it sinks and also the normal take off....I created this airfield from scratch so wouldnt be to do with the default AFCAD.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Just checked all of them.Try to download models and FDE again. Everything looks fin with me. If anyone have the same problem I will check it in details.Can you tell me exactly what model is it?

Milyan
VIVA LA VIDA
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

The model used is "AS532UL_big_sponsons_mirrors" - just updated the model and FDE and it's still doing it! Put them at a different airport and still misbehaving!
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

Just give me some time and I will try to see what's going on until tomorrow.

Miljan
VIVA LA VIDA
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Thanks much appreciated. All the other models are fine it's just that one! If you need me to send you my folder so you can try to replicate it, drop me a DM.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

It's strange that the group of models I was really paying attention to details is giving me more headaches than , let's say Caracal :)
VIVA LA VIDA
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I have the same problem but could't find anything.Must be some bug while compiling model.I have recompiled model without any changes and it works fine. Original package will be updated...again.
VIVA LA VIDA
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Thanks for your hard work and sorry to give you another head ache! ....But I am glad it wasnt just me that had the problem!