The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

General MAIW Package Issues

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: General MAIW Package Issues

Post by gsnde »

Hi Stephan, have you made sure to add the new scenery to the FS library? This is always a manual process that ends the installation, and it is easy to forget.
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by stephan »

Thanks for the info. No offense taken. I already had done everything I could.
What seems to have been the problem (as it is working now after I deleted and reinstalled the packages) was some kind of a glitch in my system... a file that was out of ''kilter'' probably in Windows or maybe even FS9. Reason I say this is,after a bit more effort after making this original post/comment, my computer crashed from a ''serious error'' . After I rebooted,the scenery and ac were right on the spot. NOW...the only problem I have is the Kadena airbase (RODN) has flight plans ONLY for the F15. That sux since there are refueling ac for Kadena I got from this page. To use them,I will have to make my own flight plans,and that DOES get tiresome. Thanks again. Now to see if I can round up some flight plans for the refuel tankers .If none are here,I guess Kadena will have to do without.
stephan
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stephan »

I just went to the WOAI web site to down load their installer package for the Kadena add on found here. While there,I looked at their forum regarding the installer. Seems like there is a LOT of problems and malfunctions connected to that add on installer from them. I am a bit worried about installing it now. The package I downloaded from here is the USAF E3A Component WOAI. It is seemingly required for some ac to be visible for Kadena. If this package ISNT required,or isnt needed to see the ac,I would suggest deleting it from MAIW page. Why be the cause of problems when it isnt necessary. Seems like I will have to make my own flight plans. Damn.Has anyone got anything good to say about that particular download or whether it IS required?
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Stephan

Use the search function.

Search for topic Kadena AFB. You will find links there.

John
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

If you mistrust the installer then use the alternate process of extracting the packaged files to a location of your choice and move them manually into the sim.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Not really a issue (I don't think), but I was looking through the waypoints AFCADs I have and saw AF2_EGY7.bgl and MAIW_AF2_EGY7.bgl (I have a few others like that). Would they be the same? Should I delete one? Which one should I delete (if any)?

PS: The dates one the two that I mentioned are the same
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

They are the same I would keep the MAIW one

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks! I found 11 AFCAD waypoints that were the same but had different file names.
petfy

FSX invisible AI

Post by petfy »

I have FSX Acceleration and are trying to add interesting military AI by Ultimate Traffic 2 (UT2).

As proof of working, UT2 has a S61 helicopter of British International flight plan for an aircraft type S61 (it is an intrinsic aircraft definition within UT2) between EGHE and PZE2. I have downloaded and installed a S61 from maiw_raf_sea_kings_new_models.zip but it is invisible with only the red ID lettering and sound.

Ground and own shadows are off, no DX10, other FS9 helo packages are invisible as well (ZZZH_Blackhawk_AAAvn.zip) but there are no problems with other FS9 fixed wing aircraft.

Any ideas?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: FSX invisible AI

Post by campbeme »

petfy wrote:I have FSX Acceleration and are trying to add interesting military AI by Ultimate Traffic 2 (UT2).

As proof of working, UT2 has a S61 helicopter of British International flight plan for an aircraft type S61 (it is an intrinsic aircraft definition within UT2) between EGHE and PZE2. I have downloaded and installed a S61 from maiw_raf_sea_kings_new_models.zip but it is invisible with only the red ID lettering and sound.

Ground and own shadows are off, no DX10, other FS9 helo packages are invisible as well (ZZZH_Blackhawk_AAAvn.zip) but there are no problems with other FS9 fixed wing aircraft.

Any ideas?
Have you tried zooming out a bit more?
Mark
petfy

Post by petfy »

@campbeme

Thank you very much. That solved it. The helicopter is about 20 mtrs above the red labeling.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

petfy wrote:@campbeme

Thank you very much. That solved it. The helicopter is about 20 mtrs above the red labeling.
That is due to the animation that allows the AI helicopter to takeoff and land vertically. :wink:
    Mike M.
    campbeme
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

petfy wrote:@campbeme

:smt023
    Mark
    casey jones

Post by casey jones »

Hi E,

When I tried to DL the BOB Hawk package, my Norton said it is a unsafe program and removed it
    completely. What do I do now?

Thanks,
    Casey Jones
    Stewart Pearson
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi Casey,

It's a false reading from your anti-virus software. Disable it temporarily and your download should be fine.
    Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
    andypoppens
    Captain
    Captain

Post by andypoppens »

I just installed grand forks and I noticed this yellow sign what is it's purpose
    bismarck
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

andypoppens wrote:I just installed grand forks and I noticed this yellow sign what is it's purpose
    Which yellow sign?

Giorgio
    rogwen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by rogwen »

I downloaded the MAIW Scenery Library Objects for use with RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus. There was an immediate attack of the blurries in the surrounding ground textures. When I checked the textures that came with the Library Objects I found that there is a mix of mipped and unmipped textures which can (and often does) bring on the blurries. There is also a mix of 8 bit, DXT1, DXT3, and 32 bit textures, and all it usually takes is single 32 bit texture amid DXT1 or DXT3 textures to let the blurries in the door. If there were only a dozen or so I would have listed them so folks could correct them; there were more and I stopped counting. If anyone wants me to provide all the textures mipped and without 32 bit, then I would be happy to do so.
    email me: rogwen at rogers dot com
    Firebird
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Whilst I don't have that particular issue, there is a tool that may help you solve the issue quickly. If you go to http://stuff4fs.com and get Don Grovestine's Texture Manager tool you will find that it can be used to firstly find textures of a particular type and then make it easy to process them to what you want.

What I have done is list them and turn them into DXT3s for you. It took 5mins and totals 30 textures although I think that only the 4mb ones would have cause the issue.

If you pm me your email I will send the pack to you. If you could then try it out and see if it fixes any issues then let us know please.
    Steve
    gsnde
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Yes, the feedback would be greatly appreciated. If it cures your issue I will update the library and keep that in mind for future releases.
    Cheers,
    Martin