The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Trouble Installing Paints of JGSDF CH-47s

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Rob1961
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Trouble Installing Paints of JGSDF CH-47s

Post by Rob1961 »

I recently tried to install some of the JGSDF CH-47s paints and have gotten nowhere. I downloaded the Nick Black NBAI ROCAF CH-47 model as required, but when I had done everything I still couldn't get any of this type at any of my JGSDF bases. My scenery at Soumagahara AAF shows buildings, but remains an empty flightline! Kisarazu AAF has the same problem. I can't even get the type to appear at a base in Taiwan!

I have to admit that I don't have a lot of experience at installng "paints" or "re-skins" so I may need some assistance with this. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Trouble Installing Paints of JGSDF CH-47s

Post by clickclickdoh »

Hi Rob,

Hopefully we can get these working for you. Generally when AI refuses to show up at all, the first two things I check are:

1) Make sure your AI slider in the game is up at 100%

2) Two, check to make sure you have updated what we call the flightsim[x] numbers. Inside the aircraft.cfg file there are entries that each have a header that looks like: [fltsim.0]

The very first must be 0 and each entry increases by 1. If you accidentally skip a number, everything after the skipped number won't show up

If either of those two don't make them show up, next check to make sure you have the right model. It should be titled model.ch47d
Jon
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by Jon »

Rob,

As it can be frustrating to find errors using a program like ACA 2017 can help find those errors that creep in, automatically.

http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?page_id=5
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
Rob1961
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rob1961 »

Hi, Clickclickdoh,

I tried your method(s), actually, this time with another aircraft, JMSDF Seahawks from 23rd Sqdn of the Maizuru AB package using the JYAI Blackhawk Family's U. S. Navy Seahawks as the model, but the results were still to no avail.

I see where you are to update the flightsim[x] numbers, which I did, and saved. The original config file had three entries: flightsim. 0, 1, and 2. I placed the new files (flightsim.X+1, and so on) right after flightsim.2 and BEFORE the text category in the file marked "General". Question. Did I place the new text in the wrong area?

Still working through this situation. And my AI traffic slider is at 100%.

Regards,

Rob
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Rob

Forgive me if I am talking down at you.

I have just downloaded the file in order to help.

You will need the NBAI CH47D model by Nick Black.

In the folder you will need the model folder, the NBAI_Chinook_AI_ONLY.air, the Arcraft.cfg and your texture files.

The entries in the Aircraft.cfg must follow a sequence with regards to the [flightsim.x] entries: first entry must be [flightsim.0], the next one [flightsim.1] and the following one [flightsim.2] and so on. These entries need to be numbered sequentially until the list is complete. If the sequence is broken by an entry that has x+1 or so, this must be changed to the next number in the sequence. For this illustration [flightsim.3].

Flightsim will read the entries until the numbering is incorrect and stop with that aircraft. You will them see the aircraft which are numbered correctly in your simulator. Every aircraft from the incorrectly numbered one and every one after that will not show up.

The tool "AI-Aircraft-Editor" has a function to renumber the sections and check the entries. You can find it at www.owlsnest.eu.

John
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Or even more convenient here in the download center in the tools section... ;)
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rob1961 »

This reply is for John Tenn,

I want to thank you so much for helping me understand the flightsim.x dilemma.

Second, you were not talking down when you provided assistance. I really like a thorough explanation with examples. In this case, I needed the help. And thanks to you I now have flightlines full of JGSDF CH-47s. I have also added other aircraft "paints" to my Japanese bases (JMSDF SH-60 Seahawks - for Tateyama and Maizuru Air Bases - to be specific) as well.

There's almost no limit to what I can now add to my virtual aviation world. Your efforts have given my hobby a great lift skyward. Once again, Thank you so much!

Best Regards,

Rob
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Rob

Thank you. You are very kind and most welcome.

Most of us have been at this for so long we have forgotten about our first steps into this world.

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Rob1961 wrote: 21 May 2017, 02:03 I have also added other aircraft "paints" to my Japanese bases (JMSDF SH-60 Seahawks - for Tateyama and Maizuru Air Bases - to be specific) as well.
If you installed Maizuru, you might want to get the AI Takanami destroyer model from the Iwakuni package.

As an undocumented bonus, Takanmai destroyers will show up doing AI patrols at a couple of our seaside scenery locations, but only if you have the model from the Iwakuni package installed.
Rob1961
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rob1961 »

Clickclickdoh,

The Maizuru scenery I have already comes with JMSDF destroyers that leave on patrol. I also have the JYAI scenery of Kobe, etc. that comes with the Flyable JMSDF Shin-Maywa US-2 flying boat, which also provides a destroyer. I also have the latest Iwakuni package.

Next time, would you please let me know what are these seaside locations so I can be looking for the ships?

Which leads me to my next subject. Is it possible for anyone out there to produce some of the U. S. Navy ships (and/or JMSDF ships) based at the Yokosuka Naval Base at the entrance to Tokyo Bay? I've "flown" around that area many times and it just feels a bit "empty" because I know it's really there, but isn't.

I have also noticed that there is listed on the FS2004 map (and even GPS - I think?) a Yokosuka Heliport (RJTX - I think?). Perhaps this might be a good suggestion (with some extra supporting scenery, of course!) for the develoment folks. I thought I'd at least mention it.

Best Regards,

Rob