The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI Priority Probelm

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

AI Priority Probelm

Post by ukvoodoo »

Hi all, just wondering if I can pick the brains of any AI guru's here as usually ok with setting up AI but this one has me stumped

Ive set up 2 seperate sections of parking on a scenery

1 section is 18 Mil_Cargo parking spots with parking codes 114 and 226 to try keep the aircraft on different ramp sections (both 100ft radius parking spots for overkill)

The second section are all Mil_Combat parking spots with parking codes M001 on the opposite side of the base (all 50ft parking radius for overkill)

The 114 parking codes are assigned to the same codes in the C-130 aicraft.cfg, the 226 codes the same on the A400m aircraft.cfg and likewise the M001 codes on Johns AI hunters

The problem I have is that neither the C-130s or the A400m's appear despite having flight plans when the Hunter isn't in my aircraft folder but when the Hunter is in my aircraft folder they totally ignore the parking codes and sit in the cargo spots and I'm at a loss as to why :oops: :oops: :oops:

Any help even if its to point out obvious mistakes Ive made as a buffon will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Matt
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: AI Priority Probelm

Post by Firebird »

To be honest it can get complicated and I know that you are trying to simplify it so that people understand but there is a lot of info missing.

What you really need to do is state exactly what the parking spot type is and its radius and its parking codes. Now if you have kept it as simple as you can then it is easy to list the three types.

Then we need the exact parking types and parking codes for each aircraft type, which again if you have kept them all clean and simple is easy to list.

Also I am a bit confused on the final part. With no Hunters what aircraft appear where, and when there are Hunters what aircraft appear where?

You seem to be saying that the C-130s and the A400Ms don't show up ever and the Hunters only appear in the cargo slots. Is this correct?
Steve
ukvoodoo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ukvoodoo »

The exact parking spots are 18 type RAMP_MIL_CARGO with a parking radius on 100ft, 12 with airline code 114 and 6 with airline code 226

in the C-130 aicraft.cfg all entries are

atc_parking_types=MIL_CARGO
atc_parking_codes=114

in the A400m aircraft.cfg all entries are

atc_parking_types=MIL_CARGO
atc_parking_codes=226

then there are 20 type RAMP_MIL_COMBAT with a parking radius of 50ft all with airline code M001

in the Hunter aircraft.cfg all entries are

atc_parking_types =MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes =M001

The last bit was that if the Hunter isn't installed no aircraft appear in either the Cargo or Combat parking spots, but if I install it they appear in the Cargo spots meaning that the parking bays do work just not with the C-130 or A400m
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

So the C-130 and A-400 never show? Only the Hunters but in the wrong spots?

Are you using FS9 or FSX/P3D?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

My gut feeling here is that there are two issues. My guess is that the reason that the A400s and C-130s don't show has nothing to do with parking codes.

I think that they may be missing for some other reason, may be incorrect titles. If you have not already installed it get Peter van der Veens's ACA2017 lite from his site http://aifs.pvdveen.net/.
It is a simple program that checks for problems with your aircraft cfg files.

If that doesn't show up errors you are going to need something more involved like his ACA2017 proggy, from the same place, that will check flightplans as well.

Try using ACA2017 lite first and then the full version if no errors are found. Also you would be well worth installing Martin's AIAE program as it can check a lot of things related to the aircraft folder.
Steve
doubletrigger
Cadet
Cadet

Post by doubletrigger »

From my limited experience coding AI it seems that the cargo spots are too small for an A400 or C-130 (132ft and 125ft respectively). Increasing the size of the parking should fix the problem