The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

UH-72A Lakota

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: UH-72A Lakota

Post by John Young »

Re: Brent's announcement, above, of Davison AAF for FS9. Just to say that I will convert the files for FSX as I did for Fort Polk and Laupheim. Just give me a few days.

John
mins
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by mins »

Nice piece of work ...^ ^b..
Thank you very much for both John and Brent & Hartwig.
Reggie
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Reggie »

Gentlemen,

This is both outstanding and brilliant, thanks to all who made this happen. They are awesome in P3Dv4.

Reggie
Attachments
UH-72's At Cecil 6-20-17 4.bmp
UH-72's At Cecil 6-20-17 4.bmp (250.3 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

On to check them in FSX, but what a welcome sight Davison AAF is . Great to see another AI model I have real time in. The Apr 17 Combat Aircraft magazine has an article on B Co 2916 AVN at NTC Ft Irwin, CA. They have 5 of the 3-tone camo UH-72s playing the bad guys.

Some of the aircraft.cfg entries carried over from the FS9 version, I used Martin's AI program to change out the "clean doors open", to just "clean".
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I noticed the military versions in this package have either the callsign NAVY, AIR FORCE, or ARMY. Are those the actual callsigns they use or just place holders unit we find out the real callsigns?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

My understanding, at least for US Army aviation is that while operating CONUS, Army is used. While operating in combat zones, other callsigns are used. Of course, the last time I was in an Army helicopter was in 2000, and I wasn't having a very memorable time.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

clickclickdoh wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 23:58 My understanding, at least for US Army aviation is that while operating CONUS, Army is used. While operating in combat zones, other callsigns are used. Of course, the last time I was in an Army helicopter was in 2000, and I wasn't having a very memorable time.
Thanks for the explanation. Does anyone know if the USNTPS helos use the callsign TESTER or NAVY? NAVY was the callsign that with the paints, but all the other USNTPS paints I have use the callsign TESTER.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

For this package, Army Copter or Guard Copter is fine. The helos around Ft. Polk will use set callsigns, like "GATOR/CAJUN" for local range flights. This applies to click's other Army packages, on the local ranges unit or type a/c callsign is used. Here at Ft. Hood, type is used on ranges (BLACKHAWK12345). The fixed wing assets at Davison will use "PAT" and last 3 of tail number or 3 digit mission number, your choice.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

From what I can tell, Gator (Co B 5th Avn) is without aircraft right now after having lost their -58s last year. I haven't been able to find any indication that they have received the UH-72s they were supposed to get. They weren't included in this release because of that.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've converted Brent's FS9 scenery and traffic file for Davison AAF for use in FSX:

The new scenery files flatten and remove default objects not needed. The FS9 trees are also replaced with FSX native ones to overcome the transparency problem when the FS9 trees are used in FSX. However, these are no longer seasonal.

If a few FSX users could just post if all is OK, I'll then upload to the Library.

John
Attachments
Davison AAF_FSX files.zip
(460.55 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've sent Version 2 of the FS9 Lakota package for inclusion in the download hangar this morning. This version includes the missing Fort Polk scenery files.

Users who have downloaded the fix posted in this thread on the 19 June need not download again. However, I am ashamed to say that I still managed to omit the landclass file for the Fort Polk area. This is attached below. FSX Version 1 requires no changes.

It's cooling down today, so hopefully I can get my brain back in gear LOL.

John
Attachments
LD_2320.bgl
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

FSGenesis mesh terrain flattens for Fort Polk and surrounding bases (FS9)

Post by hawk_sh »

I only had time to install Fort Polk on my system today (FS9). Great work Brent!

On my setup I am using the freeware FSGenesis mesh for the US.
I have found a few terrain issues with sinking runways and sinking or floating builidngs.
That's why I made some flatten files for the Fort Polk and FOBs sceneries to get rid of that.

Feel free to use it in your system if you are experiencing the same.
Simply copy the flatten files into the scenery folder of the Brent's Fort Polk scenery.
Attachments
Fort_Polk - FSGenesis_mesh_flattens.zip
flatten files for Fort Polk and FOBs for the FSGenesis terrain mesh
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Hartwig

jrbirdman
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

JYAI_UH-72A_Lakotas_FS9_1.zip

Post by jrbirdman »

I can't seem to find the FS9 version of this, please advise. Thank you. Best regards, Jeremy
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: JYAI_UH-72A_Lakotas_FS9_1.zip

Post by Greg »

The package was updated to V2 and can be found in our Download Hangar.
Lau

Post by Lau »

Good day,
The FS9 link is not working for me.
Your helicopters are looking amazing, thank you for the effort of making them and sharing your creation within the mil fs9/fsx community.
With best regards,
Lau
Lau

Post by Lau »

Please disregard my previous message about a broken link for the fs9 version. Above link is working, thanks.
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

At the risk of sounding really silly, I've just tried, and failed, to find the FSX version of the package (JYAI_UH-72A_Lakotas_FSX_1.zip) in the file library. Is it gremlins or my incompentence?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Thanks. I know what the issue is now, I was searching for Lakotas (plural) which is what it says in the file descriptions. Never thought to see if changing that would help me find the file. All good now however :D
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Trying to convert Fort Polk & FPF series to P3D in an attempt to learn about P3D.

On checking the FPF series in ADE I am missing several objects.

Most are portaloos in various colours -

And the other is a large RUB Hangar

The GUIDs are
c17c6850-8e4d-414e-8300-9e4ce37916f4

6c66c64c-cc91-4af4-9e2a-87463d8c974f
adfe0aea-9e3f-41b6-a242-b52cfa07bf08
25d05cef-f832-4976-ada9-16997446a29e

I must have the libraries installed as the objects are in the FS9 scenery, but I can't find which ones they are, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Jim
Attachments
Missing_2.JPG
Missing_1.JPG
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"