The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

Post by Foxbat »

Thanks for the tips!

I have been avoiding SODE for quite a while, since I had stuttering with Aerosoft ENAT, and saw all the treads about problems. If I can be assured the stuttering is gone (ok may not have been SODE's fault as I know from experience animated ground traffic has been a cause for this quite often), maybe this exact thread will make me take the plunge :-)
Andrew
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

John Young wrote: 05 May 2017, 16:29 Alas I can't help with effects that work with P3D 3.3.5. I don't know what's needed to fix them and I don't have P3D to experiment with them.

Sorry about that.

John

Thx, no problem! Love your FSX AI. I will try to as a first, add a layer of 50% black to the AB textures. I have done this for AI night lighting with success.
Andrew
PB68
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: MSFS

Post by PB68 »

....it's bye, bye from me at Lakenheath, my effects work has now come to an end.

Many thanks to Ian McCartney, for allowing me to contribute to his work. It truly is a Masterpiece !!

Regards,

Pete.
MSS

Post by MSS »

I wonder if someone could help me please. With all the updates and now completion of the wet surfaces grass effect and season ground images could there be a new download link for this as i have tried all the mediafire links and not having much luck with any of them .

Thanks
PB68
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by PB68 »

I wonder if someone could help me please. With all the updates and now completion of the wet surfaces grass effect and season ground images could there be a new download link for this as i have tried all the mediafire links and not having much luck with any of them .

...Sorry, this is because the downloads are no longer available. I have quit designing and did not want to continue support for the packages.

Regards,

Pete.
MSS

Post by MSS »

Thanks for your reply Pete.

Such a shame, as your work looked amazing.

I never got chance to try these additions out :(

Regards M.S.S
DaveWG
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DaveWG »

Hi, I've had this excellent rendition of RAF Lakenheath installed for quite a while now. The other day I was flying around and came across this odd red & black area, approx 50 miles due west of Lakenheath.

At first I thought it was a corrupt GenX scenery tile, but after much trial and error I tracked it down to the "EGUL_IMAGE.bgl"
Opening the bgl in TMFViewer showed the Lakenheath background and also this red/black area.

Is this a known problem, and is there a fix?
david.harwood
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by david.harwood »

Hi,

I have the same issue in FSX but just put it down to the amount of scenery add-ons I have and I just hadn't noticed it before!
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

Yes its a problem I am aware of.

Replace the original EGUL_IMAGE.bgl with this file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3onjv69i ... _IMAGE.bgl

Cheers

Ian
DaveWG
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DaveWG »

Brilliant, thanks Ian. :smt023
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok I just got P3D about 2 weeks ago and I just installed this scenery soon after that. Is there anywhere else I can download the latest SODE files for this scenery? They are not available anymore in this thread.
jcop
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jcop »

Hello, just discovered this nice scenery, but I think there's an issue with one of the texture files. b_04.dds is Zero KB, however the b_04_LM.dds is 5.33MB.
Is this normal, if someone could verify on his system please?
I already re downloaded but the file stays at 0KB.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I can confirm that too and the file won't open in DxtBmp.exe. One for Ian I think.

John
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

Only just seen this. That texture is unused in the scenery and was placed in there by mistake. A new P3D V4 version will be uploaded soon with some of the initial errors fixed.
jcop
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jcop »

Thanks for the info :-)
PB68
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by PB68 »

.....for the few of you that might still be interested, here is a final opportunity to download the EGUL Effects Package.

It includes, Custom Wet Surface Effects, Custom Grass Effects and a Custom 3d Snow Layer ( Updated ).
As no support is being offered for this package, only those users that are confident with using SODE, should attempt to install it.
Instructions are however provided in the Installation Package.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0w7dsvwux ... kage_4.zip

Regards,

Pete Beeby.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Thanks very much for that. I am going to hoard it until I get hold of P3D and then enjoy it.
Steve
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Firebird wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 12:33 Thanks very much for that. I am going to hoard it until I get hold of P3D and then enjoy it.

Thanks! :smt023
    Mike M.
    Trevytt2004
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

PB68 wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 10:58 .....for the few of you that might still be interested, here is a final opportunity to download the EGUL Effects Package.

It includes, Custom Wet Surface Effects, Custom Grass Effects and a Custom 3d Snow Layer ( Updated ).
    As no support is being offered for this package, only those users that are confident with using SODE, should attempt to install it.
    Instructions are however provided in the Installation Package.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0w7dsvwux ... kage_4.zip

Regards,

Pete Beeby.
    Huge thanks for this....haven't played with sode so looking forward to seeing your work. Any chance of you reuploading your reshader ini file as I'm experimenting with fsw too.

all the best and thanks for your excellent work Pete.

regards

Trev
    Christopher Low
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by Christopher Low »

I have this scenery package installed in P3D v4, but I notice that there do not seem to be any taxiway or runway lights enabled. Is this an issue with my PC, or do I need to switch on the default runway lighting?