The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

help downloading

Technical support for the MAIW website and forums.
paolo dolimpio

help downloading

Post by paolo dolimpio »

Hello to all
I would try to increase AI and for that I'm trying to download AFB andrew for test on fsx but despite being registered and connecting the download just does not part
Is there any procedure I did not understand? Maybe because I'm a mother tongue in Italian ...
Thanks in advance and good-bye to everyone
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: help downloading

Post by Greg »

Hi Paolo and welcome to MAIW!

Are you seeing the download button on the download details page? If you do, that means you're logged-in. If not you'd see the message "Only registered and logged in users can download" or something similar.
paolo dolimpio

Post by paolo dolimpio »

Then ... in the forum within quietly with usernames and passwords used at the moment of registration while in DOWNLOAD HANGAR I get notice that I do not have a valid or registered account (Only logged and connected users can download this file.) No c 'and see the download icon
Thanks for any help it solves
paolo dolimpio

Post by paolo dolimpio »

I apologize for the double post I notice I noticed a little while ago 'I had postponed believing that the first was not successful ... and I still had to understand the structure of the forum
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Hi Paolo,

Don't worry about the double post. The first post of any new account needs to be reviewed by a moderator to avoid spammers which is why you couldn't see it right away.

Now for your issue with the Download Hangar, there is a problem indeed with our system. The user table from our forums is synchronised with the user table on our main website (which includes the hangar) but for some reason it skips your account. I believe it's due to the apostrophe in your username, which the forums accept but our other system probably doesn't.

The only quick solution would be to change your username, or create a new account. I can change your username and remove the apostrophe for you if you want . Just let me know.
paolo dolimpio

Post by paolo dolimpio »

Ok, if the problem is the apostroph on the last name you can remove it without hesitation, so much for me does not matter. So my username after the modification will be (paolo dolimpio) and the password will not change exactly?
Do you modify it do you?
Do I receive a mail of notification of the correction or is it confirmed on my forum?
Excuse me all these questions but I would not want to complicate things
Distinguished thanks :D
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Your username is changed and I sent you an e-mail.

It is now also impossible to register a username with an apostrophe. Many thanks for your report.
paolo dolimpio

Post by paolo dolimpio »

Greg thanks a lot seems all done well, I downloaded the first scenario AI plus the global scenery library object application let's see if I can run it all.
You were kind
Greetings from Rome :D