The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

A-10 Thunderbolt II

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: A-10 Thunderbolt II

Post by Alan Robertson »

bismarck wrote: 11 Oct 2017, 09:55 I had the same problem with the trees, resolved disabling the scenery (MichMilV4) from the list.
May be there is something else to be deleted in your directory.
I opted to delete the scenery because I remember it is something of very very old, and I have no interest in other BGLs comprised in that pack.

Did you install correctly the Great Lake package indicated in the readme?
In that package, there are some excluding BGLs that can cure the problem.

Regards, Giorgio
Hi Giorgio. Yes, the Great Lakes package is installed correctly. I'm going through the other files installed with the 'Michigan Military' package eliminating the files one by one to see if I can isolate the problem. It's a long slog though with constant restarts but I'll find the culprit one day :)
Regards,

Alan
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

Interesting weapons loadout...

https://www.strategypage.com/military_p ... 23338.aspx

I reckon the number of combinations are numerous to say the least...
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

You're right about the number of weapon variations. The one I selected for the A-10C "Combat" model, like the photo in the link, also has the JDAM on the centre line with a mix of stores on the other pylons.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

John I know I said this in a earlier post but I’m going to say this in more detail

I can’t find the CH 47s from the det 1 bravo co/3.328 Aviation Regiment (Michigan NG) from the original package based at Selfridge in the new scenery
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Do you find them when using the original afcad?
Steve
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

They were there before
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've just checked my installation Andy. At 07.52 (local) on the 23 July 2017, I see 4 of them sitting on the ramp on the other side of the runway from the A-10s. I assume these are the ones you are looking for.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Andy, the original afcad was not changed by John. I am guessing that you happen to look when they are all out.

The only concern that I noted was the CH47s parked on the ramp with the A-10s rather than where they should do, this was because the parking spots had a code of 238N rather than 328N but that was easy to fix.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I found them where they are expected to be, on the large ramp on the opposite side of the airfield.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I'm not ducking doing the Nellis A-10's. I'm waiting to find out which two crashed a few months ago. Should have that info soon and then I will do the ones that are left along with new flight plans.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No hurry Mike.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

I see that this model is released with a scenery pack, but only for P3D. Any chance to heve it for FS9 ?

Thanks a lot.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by hschuit »

@ TheFoufure: Why do you ask for another FS9 A-10, what is wrong with the RWAI FS9 A-10 models created by Rysiek Winawer for MAIW ? If you only understood a bit how much (boring) labour it takes to convert an AI model with all it's LOD's I guess you would not have bothered John with questions like this. I can understand why freeware developers get fed up / burn out when people never seem to be content with what they get and never stop demanding more or something else...

Henk Schuitemaker.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks Henk. I wonder if some people just collect and request AI aircraft for the sake of it with little appreciation that modelling time is not infinite and priorities not always flexible enough to break concentration and divert into something else? What's actually more annoying to me, is posting a request like this and the TR-1A request also, in two threads to increase the chances of being heard. I've replied to both in the Retro Alconbury thread.

John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

At the request of some people here, I've packaged and sent the FS9 A-10A models for inclusion in the Download Hangar.

Note that these models were produced en-route to the native FSX models for Ian's retro RAF Alconbury project. There is no scenery or flight plans associated with the FS9 versions and users should set them up as they wish.

The file is called: JYAI_A-10A_FS9_1.zip. I've also uploaded the paint kit that covers both the A-10A and A-10C models with the file name: JYAI_A-10-paint_kit.zip.

John
Grimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Grimreaper »

Hello all. I wanted to say a great job on all of the work on the A10s. I've downloaded the updated DM and Great Lakes updates and am loving them. I just installed the Great Lakes last night and was testing them out.When I was taxiing around Selfridge with ATC ground on, I noticed tower was calling the A10s Fairchild. So I looked in the cfg files for the updated A10 package and noticed that the ATC airline for Selfridge and Ft Wayne were missing. So I looked up the old files for these jets and found their callsigns were Sniper and Demon. So I edited my cfg file so that ATC calls them by their correct callsign. I wanted to bring it to all of your attention since I haven't seen anyone post this issue. Again, thanks for all of the hard work that you put into these beautiful aircraft. And sorry for saying this, but I would be up for an updated Maryland Air Guard. I am a retired Jet Engine Craftsman with 16 years on the Hog in Baltimore. So if anyone has questions about configurations, I may be able to help. Just a few notes, ecm pods are not flown at home unless prepping for a deployment or a major Air Force inspection know as a ORI. Most of our planes flew with Litening pods as most guard units don't have the Sniper pod. And we flew TERS with the practice blue bombs. Hope that info helps.

Derek
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thank you Derek. It's always good to please users who have an affinity to the model subject.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Nice catch GR and an easy fix to the General section on the aircraft.cfg to "atc_type=SILENT". I didn't notice the missing ATC callsign until now. Just a small FP adjustment for those that care, A-10s general file in the lower flight levels on cross countries as they have a hard time getting above 30k with stores on, that's reserved for maintenance check flights (clean). I'm sure the AI pilots don't care either way.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

quick question, will there be any more paints? I'm hoping the Moody AFB A-10c will be done at some stage for fs9!!
Dave
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm not planning any myself, but the paint kit is in the hangar if anyone wants to have a go.

John