The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

AI UH-1 Huey???

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
mins
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

AI UH-1 Huey???

Post by mins »

UH-1 Huey is a luxury helicopter among luxury goods.

From the Vietnam War, we have been flying for a long time.

There are many different models and countries that use them.

It would be a great project to believe that a great Developer of talent would make it.

Imagine a Huey flying vietnam in the sky with a helicopter full of infantry.
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: AI UH-1 Huey???

Post by miljan »

Mins don't get me wrong but,
When I started visiting MAIW ages ago I saw that number of missing aircraft was even bigger. We had only few people who were making AI models in that time. That inspired me to join them and start producing models. Let's say that buying FSDS in that time for me was something very expensive , just graduated from college , no job , no extra money but I did it and satisfaction I felt when I made PC-7 was incredible. Maybe it's time to go the same way since now there are great tutorials made by Mike that are making things much easier. First one is always big challenge. You could start with IL-103 , simple shape and ROKAF have them right 😊
VIVA LA VIDA
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

Thank you for your nice words.

But makers of models seem to have a special talent.

I want to build a model, but it seems difficult and difficult.

So the producers seem to be more special and extraordinary.

I wish I could make a model of myself.

Your models are excellent, too.

Thank you.
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

I must admit, I tried making an AW139 and found it too hard! The guys making the models here at MAIW are top of their game and amateurs like us shouldn't even attempt to be as good as you lot! Maybe I should give it one last go...
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by miljan »

I always advice first one to be some piston engine GA or trainer.
VIVA LA VIDA
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

Yes indeed. Inspired by what I've seen, I built a DH Hornet Moth. It's simple, but it works, with help from the talented Mr Young. And I realize it's a small plane, not really military, but the pleasure from doing it yourself is great! I'm even thinking I might upload it somewhere in due course. We should all try..
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

You mean like this one?

Jake is working on the model.... I've got the paint kit mostly done, it was the test airframe for the hover taxi animation John Young used in his last project ;-)

I must prod Jake again ;-)

SeanG
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

Jake Burrus's AI UH-1 Huey...Any new updates?
Thank you very much.
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

With Jake one wing down at the moment, I haven't been bothering him about the Huey... It only needs the LOD's finished, which I may be able to do... I'll talk to Jake :)

SeanG
mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

Dear SeanG...I expect Jake's great work to come out.
Thank you for your kind answer.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The need for a UH-1 Huey is surfacing again - to go with my AH-1Z Vipers at Camp Pendleton for example. Could we have an update on the current progress and prospects please? Is the intention to produce models for FS9, FSX/P3D?

John
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

If Jake is happy, I could share what I've done to date.... LOD1 is complete, and the hover-taxi animation is working.

Let me know

SeanG
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think that it might be useful if you could state which version(s) of the UH-1 that you guys are collaborating on. It may help others decide if other version may be required.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

What is the situation with this please? If the development is still active, what sim versions are you producing please?

John
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by YoYo »

John Young wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 07:12 What is the situation with this please? If the development is still active, what sim versions are you producing please?

John
+1.

Im working now on the new verison of VWP from 2009/10 to "Vietnam War Project 2021" (for P3Dv5, with more objects also) of Xavier Carre. I can't promise that I will officially release it (more than 100 airfields, now I did 11), but if it goes well, I will definitely ask the author to publish this updated version. I did also whole conversion F9, FSX AI models and now no more CTD with this in P3Dv5 (the same it was with Tongass Fjords for example).

BUT its a lack of UH-1! :D I'd like to add it.

or maybe someone would like to take care of new additional traffic here when it will be near finish?
SeanG wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 22:17 it was the test airframe for the hover taxi animation John Young used in his last project ;-)
What is the name of this project? Im also looking for a static Huey, or I can do conversion / make one.
Last edited by YoYo on 27 Feb 2021, 08:16, edited 2 times in total.
Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by YoYo »

Statics are ready :) :

SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

John Young wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 07:12 What is the situation with this please? If the development is still active, what sim versions are you producing please?
Hi John,

The Huey is next on my list to revive. At this stage it is a single LOD, and a bit rough around the edges, but texture mapping is done (pending any last minute changes) and the hover-taxi animations are complete. I need to make a couple of changes to the model to correct some minor errors, but apart from that it is ready for LOD's and packaging..

I have only ever done FS9 models, so it will be for that version for a start, with and FSX/P3D version coming as I learn (or if someone collaborates...) those versions :)

Cheers
Sean
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by YoYo »

Ok, Im near finish. I also solved yesterday's animation problems and everything is fine now. They are mins Hueys, converted from FS9 to P3Dv5.

Coversion included: dds textures, some of tweaks also, new alphas for canopy ect, animations for P3D, rotor new textures and correct action in P3D for both rotors, crew transfer (and open doors from the begining if the crew will be stick out the copter ect), removed shadows from rotors. Tommorow I will do the last 2. I see that John wants to improve aircraft.cfg, I will wait for it too, I have mins permission also to add it to Vietnam scenery (Thank You mins again!). :smt006
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

YoYo, which John are you referring to please?

John
YoYo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by YoYo »

John Young wrote: 11 May 2021, 20:44 YoYo, which John are you referring to please?

John
I was thinking about You click of course. Did I write something wrong ? :oops:

Btw. for me the start was okay, however I agree, its a little long way, maybe 750-800 m.