The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FSX Native HTAI F-16C Beta 2

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: FSX Native HTAI F-16C Beta 2

Post by petebramley »

gavinc wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 08:28
petebramley wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 07:59 I have just opened up the F16 conversions and it seems that there is a model missing. The F-16C Drag Chute does not have an updated "model.normal" in the package. Was this done on purpose ? and if so do I just need to change those entries with "normal" in my Aircraft.cfg to one of those models present.

Regards
Geez - There is always something. It wasn't done on purpose, it just slipped thru the cracks. I don't have the conversion handy but do have the intermediate steps.

I am going on a business trip for a couple of days but should be able to re-compile the normal model and upload an update on the weekend.

Gavin
No hurry Gavin. I still have to convert all my C-130H, H-30 & the J’s before I even think of tackling all those F16’s.

Pete
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

What would cause the parts with visibility or animation tags to revert back to the parked state if no radio call is needed to shut down Kevin - would that just be beacon off? I remember testing many of the variables in the Microsoft list and none of them worked. I don't really want to plough through that exercise again.

John
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I was thinking along the lines of battery on bool sort of operation. IOW in order for the AI to even make a radio call, I would assume that the sim would have to at least activate the AI aircraft's electrical system?

That's why I was asking about the tool that showed all the aircraft variable states in real time.

I'm also assuming you guys tried all the electrical states as triggers, I see 'avionics master' is one of the states??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Weescotty wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 10:21
John Young wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 06:41 I thought about this a bit more overnight. I don't think a radio call will work. With a nav light or beacon light trigger, the part is visible or is animated when the light is on. With a radio call trigger, even if it can be recognised by the sim, isn't the part going to be visible or animated only when the radio call is made. As soon as the transmission stops, won't the parts revert to their cold state?

John
Can use a g:var to overcome that.
Unfortunately in FSX and onwards g:var values are shared by all instances of a model. I started using g:var for manipulating flaps and noticed that when one models flaps activated all the other instances of that model activate as well. We brought it up with Lockheed Martin and they said that is expected behaviour, g:var is designed to be used in gauges within a single model not in ai.

It is worth trying (because it might work for what you want) but make sure when you do any testing that there are several instances of the model visible to verify whether there any un-intended effects.

Gavin
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Version 1.1 is available in the hangar. This version includes the missing model.

Thanks for the quick response, Gavin!
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by Weescotty »

gavinc wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 13:04
Weescotty wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 10:21
John Young wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 06:41 I thought about this a bit more overnight. I don't think a radio call will work. With a nav light or beacon light trigger, the part is visible or is animated when the light is on. With a radio call trigger, even if it can be recognised by the sim, isn't the part going to be visible or animated only when the radio call is made. As soon as the transmission stops, won't the parts revert to their cold state?

John
Can use a g:var to overcome that.
Unfortunately in FSX and onwards g:var values are shared by all instances of a model. I started using g:var for manipulating flaps and noticed that when one models flaps activated all the other instances of that model activate as well. We brought it up with Lockheed Martin and they said that is expected behaviour, g:var is designed to be used in gauges within a single model not in ai.

It is worth trying (because it might work for what you want) but make sure when you do any testing that there are several instances of the model visible to verify whether there any un-intended effects.

Gavin
Ok so no g:vars for P3D.
Have you tried l:vars?
Only difference is you have to specify the units.

Eg
(L:TESTVAR,number)

You should also be able to use loads ( l) and stores(s) for certain codes.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Greg wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 11:55 Version 1.1 is available in the hangar. This version includes the missing model.

Thanks for the quick response, Gavin!
Thanks Greg, Glad to know it made it - I had some internet issues and wasn't sure the upload completed.

Gavin
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Weescotty wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 12:04
Ok so no g:vars for P3D.
Have you tried l:vars?
Only difference is you have to specify the units.

Eg
(L:TESTVAR,number)

You should also be able to use loads ( l) and stores(s) for certain codes.
I have done some really simple testing with L:vars and they seem even more unstable than G:var. G:var at least works consistently.

L:vars are local to each instance of a model but in my (really basic) testing they seemed to give inconsistant results, would work correctly some times but not others.

This is based on a sample size of 1 (with really limited xml skills) so I would encourage you guys who actually know what you are doing to give it a more thorough test than what I did.
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Interesting!
L:vars don’t work at all in FS9. For AI at least they don’t.

The inconsistent results may be due to the fact that FSX doesn’t seem to initialise vars at 0, you have to re-write the xml to take that into account.

Would never be true.
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Ooops missed out the examples.....

<Code>
(G:VAR1) 0 == if{ do this } els{ do that and set G:VAR to 1 }
(G:VAR1) 1 == if{ do this } els{ do that and set G:VAR to 0 }
</Code>

Would never trigger as the G:VAR never equals 0 to start with.

This will work....

<Code>
(G:VAR1) 1 != if{ do this } els{ do that and set G:VAR to 1 }
(G:VAR1) 1 == if{ do this } els{ do that and set G:VAR to 0 }
</Code>

I am guessing that P3D may be the same.

John and I have used G:VARS with FSX, if there is the slightest issue with the code they do seem to become global.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Hi Kev,
thanks for the info on G:var - especially the tip that they don't initialize to zero. Off to do some testing (when I get some time)

Gavin
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Dunno what’s up with them in FSX.
I can only assume they initialise as maybe a null.

FS9 they work perfectly.
zzip
Cadet
Cadet

Post by zzip »

Hi all,

This weekend I uploaded P3Dv4 scenery from EBBL Kleine Brogel on the site of AVSIM.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?Se ... &Go=Search

A few years ago I also made the scenery of EBBL Kleine Brogel for FSX.
I then addressed a question to MAIW for the use of some parts of MAIW in my scenery,
of course with reference to MAIW.
I received a positive response, thanks for that.

A friend of mine has the AI Lockheed Martin F-16 family for FSX (HTAI) and
European F-16 (s Part 1A: Kleine Brogel AB
prepared for P3Dv4.

My question is for you,
Can I insert this combination of AI F-16 and Part 1A for P3Dv4 at my next update of my scenery?
Of course again with the necessary advertising for MAIW and referenceto MAIW .

Grts

Peter Ziegler
Scenerybuilder
EBBL FSC-P3Dv4
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Peter,

You obviously own the scenery. The FSX conversion of the F-16 is not owned by us, nor was the original model. The original model was owned by Henry and we had permission from him to include his models in our packages but we could not give permission to anybody else to include them in theirs.

Similarly with the FSX conversions we don't own that permission. We have permission from gavinc to store them and make them available on our site and to use them in our packages but we don't have permission to give the rights to anybody else.
I would suggest pm'ing gavinc here and requesting permission from him.

On the question of what else you may want to use I would suggest pm'ing Greg with exactly what you wish to include from the original package and we can see what we can do or what is needed.

Finally, we would like to thank you for observing copyrights and taking the trouble to ask us. The FS world appreciates people like yourself for being respectful.
Steve
zzip
Cadet
Cadet

Post by zzip »

Hi All,

Through this way I would like to thank gavinc for converting Henry's F-16.
Also thanks Gavin for your permission to use it.
Of course i will reference to You and Henry .

Many thanks also to Henry Tomkiewicz for his fantastic F-16.

Finally, I want to thank the entire MAIW team for your beautiful work,
and also Firebird for the praising words

I hope that many flightsimmers will have hours of fun with this combination (EBBL for P3Dv4 // F-16) .

Thanks All !