The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Kind request: Tornados for P3Dv4 sometimes?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Manschy
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Kind request: Tornados for P3Dv4 sometimes?

Post by Manschy »

Hi to all hard working AI artists here,

been away for a while, I concentrated on P3Dv4 for about six months now. It is so wonderful now getting my stupid old hardware horse to run finally halfway properly using all its sleeping power while using FSX so far. I never want to miss v4, but sometimes, I have to need to use FSX again...

So I installed many air bases meanwhile, and I love to see most of the FSX bases work fine in v4 as well. But sometimes, I feel so lonely - especially on bases like RAF Coningsby, RAF Marham but also RAF Bruggen too :wink:

I was so glad when MAIW offered a tweak/patch for the fantastic HTAI C-130 Hercules that bring back the Hercs into live in FSX and v4 (Thanks to Gavin Cole, Graham Eccleston and Tony RD at this point).

So, maybe sometime one of your designing artists want to make lots of Tornado fans happy and conjures up a tweak for so many Tornado Squadrons all over the world. There are so many empty bases in England, Germany or Italy. I am sure, the fans of military AI in v4 will give you a massive honour for this ongoing era of Tornados.

Thank you.
Regards, Manfred.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Kind request: Tornados for P3Dv4 sometimes?

Post by Firebird »

The reality is that Fernando released his Tornados initially through PAI and we do not have his source. Whilst you do not need the source to convert you do need his permission and Fernando has been out of contact with people for years.
So staying true to our belief that piracy should never be condoned the chances are that you will have to wait for somebody to create a new one. Never say never, but please don't hold your breath.
Steve
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Christopher Low »

The freeware flight simulation community can be its own worst enemy at times.
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Bad news, but fair answers! Thank you.
Regards, Manfred.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

I agree, a new tornado would be simply amazing. I think it is probably one of the aircraft I would like most (fsx version). I hope so much that one gets made.
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

FSX/P3Dv4 Tornado's are on my list as a possibility, but I won't be deciding what to do next until the 6 F-35 packages are all done. There's a lot of work on them still to do yet and I haven't even touched the F-35A.

John
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Just knowing that it's on your list of possibilities it fantastic news. Your bringing fsx/p3d alive for some of us :-)
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Thank you, John! As I wrote: Sometimes 8) !!! It just makes my day only to know someone will save us! The Tonka isn't a simple Cessna to create! So many variants, so many details, for example the swing-wings. Take your time. Whenever you start, how many time you need - we know about the high quality of your models and it is worth waitiing for it!
Regards, Manfred.
edakridge
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by edakridge »

As a "Stopgap" P3D has a Tornado included as a default AI aircraft. If someone could work up a paint kit for it it may be usable.