The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Lockheed TR-1A's (FSX and P3Dv4)

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Lockheed TR-1A's (FSX and P3Dv4)

Post by John Young »

Not a big job, but one that will supplement my A-10A's in Ian's retro RAF Alconbury for FSX/P3Dv4:

I've only produced the version seen and it's not my intention to revise the existing Beale package for FSX/P3Dv4.

My thanks to Kevin and Mike M for the FS9 FDE, used as the starting point for these FSX/P3Dv4 models.

The new models will be included along with the A-10A's in Ian's Alconbury package in due course. No time scales at the moment.

John
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Lockheed TR-1A's (FSX and P3Dv4)

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

I see that this model is released with a scenery pack, but only for P3D. Any chance to heve it for FS9 ?

Thanks a lot.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Nope. The reason is in the Alconbury thread. Posting the request in two threads doesn't improve your chances I'm afraid.

John
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Post by Woogey »

Hey John, Adobe was giving me fits this morning, it would not open up the PDFs for the aircraft to come with Ian’s beautiful scenery. I am sure the answer to my question is in those instructions, however it is not available today currently. After installing the files in the usual locations, I get no aircraft on the field. I thought this was kind of strange, so I headed over to WATTISHAM And I got plenty of Phantoms on the ramp doing their thing. Next I headed over to Lakenheath, the F-111’s are there on alert as usual. OK I thought maybe something was up with the A-10’s, so I headed over to Davis Monthan, You’re A-10’s are there working just fine. To me this narrows it down to the Traffic file .BGL for Alconbury. I was going to rocompile it in P3d format, but I ran into my second software problem of the day, AIFP seems to have lost the ability to compile into anything but FSX! The checkbox options aren’t even there for me. Talk about a run of bad luck.

Has anyone else run across this issue yet? I am usually pretty good with Ai........ not today though. -Woog
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Have you tried setting both traffic sliders to 100% Woog?

John
Redtail
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Redtail »

That worked for me with FSX.Both traffic sliders to 100%. A-10's and TR-1A's all show.
Mark.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Woogey »

John Young wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 07:28 Have you tried setting both traffic sliders to 100% Woog?

John
I had Not tried that. I have the sliders set to my usual 80% which usually gets me by just fine. I will load up V4 now and give that a go. Thank you Gentlemen.

-Woog
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Woogey »

That Did It, Thank you So very Much!
2018-1-10_11-53-37-594.jpg
2018-1-10_11-54-9-151.jpg
Ian's Scenery is amazing! With the addition of Your aircraft John it really come to life. Thanks again.

-Woog
FishSlapper
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by FishSlapper »

Is there a way of changing the slider percentage to something lower than 100% to see the AI aircraft at Alconbury?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I did suggest that to Ian when the problem first appeared.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

The answer is yes.
What you have to do is change the flightplans file and set the % of all the aircraft you want to see to a lower number and then recompile. Then when you lower the slider you will still see all the EGWZ stuff you want until you set it lower than the lower numbers you set.
Steve