The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RF/P-61 development

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

RF/P-61 development

Post by gsnde »

On FSDeveloper I have seen a great post about a Reporter / Black Widow development that is taking place over at SOH.

Being who I am I had to ask if the author - Deano1973 - has considered to follow up with an AI model.

He hasn't, but was very friendly about the idea and kind of committed himself to do an AI after the flyable model has been finished.

He especially said thanks to MAIW for our packages and AI - something I like to share.

He will pop in here in case he needs support for the AI.

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Re: RF/P-61 development

Post by DC1973 »

Hi folks, the developer in question would be me :)

I'll endeavour to create the models, animated, for an AI P-61B Black Widow and its recon' cousin, the RF-61C Reporter. It should be something I can do as of next month some time, and shouldn't take too long hopefully. I know that MAIW largely focuses on FS9 development but as I do not own FS9 any AI I create will be FSX / P3D only. Hope that's not a deal breaker!

Best wishes,
DC Designs
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

That is not nice for those who still have FS9 as the only platform. But a good argument to make the step... ;-)

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by DC1973 »

I won't place any restrictions on the models being converted backwards to FS9 format using Model Converter X and could supply a model done that way, however I can't really cater for any coding that doesn't work. FS2004 is a very old platform now.
DC Designs
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Very old platform, but many many people still use it ;-)