The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

KDMA Davis Monthan FSX/P3D - water tower

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

KDMA Davis Monthan FSX/P3D - water tower

Post by Foxbat »

I have a few huge water towers in this fine package. They are all black. Could you please tell me which texture is lost (probably) in the MAIW Object library for FSX? Or in which library file this tower is, so I can fix it myself with McX.
Andrew
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Re: KDMA Davis Monthan FSX/P3D - water tower

Post by gavinc »

Andrew,
I don't know what texture it is off the top of my head but MCX will tell you which texture it can't find.

Gavin
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I've had the problem several times when trying to convert scenery that features those towers. I couldn't fix it with the texture, it's a material transparency setting in the model I think. What I did was to replace the water towers with my own model. I can let you have the model if that would help.

John
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

Aha! Seems I have to go through all the lib files anyway then. And just set Default Transparent when I find it, plus check other parameters.

John, thx, I'd like to have your model anyway in case I blow it.
Andrew
Foxbat
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Foxbat »

Found it. It's in the KDMA scenery folder, a lib with just this tower, "KDMA_ADEX_JY_OBJ.BGL". The model asked for a "KDMA WATER TOWER" texture, so I borrowed the "Watertower Checker" texture from the MAIW Objects lib and told the model to use that one. All good, and thx for trying to help me out!
Andrew