The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

JASDF Bases

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: JASDF Bases

Post by Victory103 »

Ok thanks guys, the scenery looks outstanding and again, AI are working fine in FSX, just that sight of water around the runway.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

The BK117 package has gone off to the Hangar.

There are 28 total BK117s included.

Here is a map of the heliports that were added to FS9 for this package:

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Really nice work Brent.
John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Nice Japan BK117 package! Will there be a FSX/P3D version? Or should I just convert the stuff needed myself?

Edit: Never mind. I asked the question before I downloaded the package. I see there is FSX paints included.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

John Young wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 07:56 Really nice work Brent.
Thanks John. Your UH-72 models turned out to be very easy to apply complicated paint schemes to.

Joseph29 wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 11:37 Will there be a FSX/P3D version?
I see you found them. 8) All you need to do is convert the flight plans. The scenery elements may or may not work in FSX. Some of them should work well, others, like Yokohama, will require someone with FSX to build proper ground polys. As usual with my projects, if someone with the proper FSX tools wants to undertake the task and share it with everyone, have at it.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

the JASDF aggressor squadron at Komatsu has a new splash of color:

clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Apparently I have no imgur skillz tonight...

Try 2: Image
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Ye gods! Who on earth uses that as a cammo?
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

There have been rumors spreading of increased tensions lately between Japan and the small island nation of PumpkinSpiceLattia...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

*hehehe*
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Update Time:

As John mentioned in the Kawasaki C-2 thread, we are about to release remakes of Miho (RJOH) and Gifu (RJNG) to go along with the C-2s. After looking closely at what it would take to update both bases, I was unsatisfied with the originals, decided to scrap them, and rebuild the completely from the ground up. The Miho scenery adds the new C-2 ramp that was constructed after the prior release. Gifu hasn't changed in real life, but the new scenery is much better than the old one. Both Miho and Gifu have native FS9 and FSX versions.

New Miho

New Gifu

John made custom objects to make the berms around the Patriot batteries on the south side of the airbase:

Oh, and I also went and painted up Gifus resident F-15s and F-4s since there have been several airframe changes since the last version of them. Like the scenery, FS9 and FSX versions are done up.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Lovely jubbly.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Brent, checking your uploads to the hangar now.

Do you want the old versions of Gifu (17 December 2015) and Miho (27 March 2016) removed when I publish your new ones?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Gifu yes. The airfield hasn't physically changed since the last version, just a better representation.

Miho... uh.. There have been significant changes to the ramps and buildings, so maybe we should leave the old version for people that want a C-1/YS-11 era setup.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Released! :smt023
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Many thanks Brent. Well done!
Miguel
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Hi guys. Johns AH-1s project and the three JGSDF update sceneries have gone up in the Hangar. So, why new versions of the three sceneries, especially since Akeno and Kasumigaura had enough parking already? Well, to start, I wasn't happy with either Kisarazu or Akeno, so both of those scenery projects got completely deleted and redone from scratch. Second, I worked in a much higher level of integration of MAIW libraries so that you guys don't have to hunt all over the world to get the scenery working. Third, native FSX versions for all three. I mean, honestly, that's kind of the most important reason.

Oh, also, this is FSX:

Yes, those are the FS9 CH-47s and EC225s from the download hangar. They work just fine in FSX once you convert the flightplans. Same with the JGSDF AH-64s.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Brent you've made sceneries for all the bases the AH-64 is stationed except for Metabaru
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by pslinger »

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. It seems that hanger, control tower, ramp vehicles and APU's, fire extinguishers textures are missing for the Kasumiguara, Kisarazo, and Akeno sceneries. Given that the issue is showing up in multiple places this would appear that I either installed a library incorrectly or I am missing textures. I have Atsugi, Beaufort and the latest version of MAIW Scenery Library Objects FS9 installed and activated. The MAIW Scenery Library Objects is placed just below all the addon scenery and the MAIW Landclass is just below the Scenery Objects Library. I'm not sure what I have overlooked or what I am doing wrong. I believe I followed all the instructions in the PDF file.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Lets start with the first thing.
Are those items you mention missing or showing up as white? If they are white then it is a texture issue and if there are no objects there then you are correct that it is a library issue. Is it that you have a mixture of both?

Normally, If there were objects missing I would ask you to check that these addon sceneries were higher than Atsugi and Beaufort as well, but if the objects are there it would seem to indicate that you are OK on this front.

If the textures are missing it is because they are not in the places that FS9 searches for them.

I am trying to get a handle on the problem.

Did you have the old Akeno scenery installed, and did that work OK?
Steve