The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Random AI Flight Plans Question?

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Random AI Flight Plans Question?

Post by col1948 »

I have X-plane 11 installed as well as FS, I use FS more times that XP by the way.
In XP you can select an aircraft then select AI to fly it, I use this a lot, one of the reasons is the flight plan seems random, a popup will show where the aircraft it going to fly to, I have no control of it as I've not set any flight plan.
Then once it lands, I don't know where it is going next till the popup screen tells me, in some ways I like it because with a set plan after a while you get to know what is coming next and it can get boring, this way makes it kind of interesting.

I wish I knew how they have done this in XP, I did a Google search to see if there was a random flight plan program where like in XP I just select an aircraft and a base to start from and see where I will end up.

Any Ideas?

Col.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Random AI Flight Plans Question?

Post by Firebird »

As far as I know FS doesn't work that way. AI has to be flightplanned and from what I tried a few years ago the flightplan has to be there on FS startup, i.e. I tried adding a traffic file after FS9 was running and it just ignored it.

So I think that the only way that you could what you want is to have a utility that must be running before FS that generates a traffic file and places in the right location.
To avoid the repetitive situation you were talking about it would need to delete the file when the util is closed as well, which means it has to running the entire time that FS is or you will get the missing file requestor constantly appearing on screen.

I just don't think that I have heard of a util like that and this isn't taking into consideration things like range, which the util can't pick up from any parm. Can't have UH-60s crossing the Atlantic.
Steve
col1948
Major
Major

Re: Random AI Flight Plans Question?

Post by col1948 »

Hi Steve,
When I have ever tried this on XP I'm in the UK, mostly it flies within the UK but at times it has flown the AI over to Europe, once it did select an airfield on the east coast of the USA.

I have tried letting the AI fly a heli on XP but it is horrendous, it just can't do it, the heli flips and turns uncontrollable so I never select one.

Col.