The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion Support

Post by gsnde »

Can somebody please confirm that the light sections in the aircraft.cfg sre the correct ones?

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Martin, I checked the conversion pack this morning: The Aircraft.cfg light sections are correct, the info in the docu readme is from an early WIP version and should not be used.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Alright. Thanks for the feedback, Henk!

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hornetjock »

The RAAF aircraft and scenery for Williamtown appear to be available for FS 9 only. Is this correct? I am using P3DV4.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Stand-alone: yes. A conversion package for the NBAI/GAI RAAF Hornets is coming soon.

But let me tell you a secret: everything you mentioned is already in Matrix... :smt047
Hornetjock
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hornetjock »

Thanks Greg...I just downloaded the Oceania scenery and it is fantastic to say the least. Brings the military strips to life. Now....just eager for those Hornets!
Hornetjock
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hornetjock »

Downloaded the files, followed the PDF and still no Hornets. I have P3D loaded in a separate SSD (not C), which is where I am trying to put them. Should they be going into the C drive\Programs\ P3D folders?
Hornetjock
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hornetjock »

Sorry folks - I have boobed big time. I have put the MAIW installer on the wrong drive...DCS instead of P3D. Is there an uninstall process I should now follow to correct this?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Not sure I'm following what you're trying to do.

This is the support thread for this package: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... conversion

If that's the package you're talking about, then know that it contains models and repaints only and is intended to replace a manual installation of the original MAIW packages with FS9 models, or you won't have any flightplans.

But this conversion package doesn't have an installer... so if you're talking about Matrix then you need to move this party to the Matrix support forum. ;)
Hornetjock
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hornetjock »

Me neither Greg...I thought by downloading the Hornet family I would get hornets on the Oceania/Aussie scenery - but those RAAF Hornets have not been converted to P3D yet. Lack of patience.

Is it going to be a problem having the MAIW installer on the wrong drive? Thats the main issue.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

If with "the MAIW installer" you mean Matrix, then it shouldn't matter where you installed it. If you have installed the Oceania region in Matrix but don't see any Hornets at Williamtown or Tindal, or if you have any other issue with Matrix then please start a thread explaining your issue in the Matrix support forum.

This package (the MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion package) contains models and repaints only. They are compatible with P3D since they are FSX models. But this package is only intended to replace the Hornets if you already have the original MAIW packages that were designed for FS9. If you don't have those, or any other flightplans that activate the Hornets in your sim, then you won't need this package.
Hornetjock
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hornetjock »

Thanks Greg...I'll just wait till the RAAF Hornets are converted to P3D and then install them on Oceania, which I have. Cheers.
Hornetjock
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hornetjock »

After some time away from it, I loaded P3D flying a Superhornet out of Williamtown Australia and was astonished to be surrounded by Hawks, Wedgetails and Hornets. I was fourth behind two Hawks and a Hornet for takeoff. The only change I made was to start hot at a Mil ramp instead of the active. The scenery for the mixed GA/Military airfield are superb. This is gonna be fun! Thanks MAIW!
Sophie Marketa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sophie Marketa »

Williamtown Australia has a v2 for FSX and P3D. https://flightsimdev.com/downloads/
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Hey Sophie, nice to see you back here.
Barry
Sophie Marketa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sophie Marketa »

Hi Barry, thank you.
I am working on completing Australia's super RAAF Base YAMB for FSX SP2 and P3Dv4
Photo real ground by Laurie Nichols and high end scenery buildings by myself.
I started this with John Tenn and developed a heap of buildings in LODs for FS9 but it never got finished.
Sophie
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Very happy to see you dipping your toe back into flight sim.
Barry
Noel Ward
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

FA 18 Family

Post by Noel Ward »

Hi I'm new to this forum

I've recently downloaded and installed the MAIW NBAI FA-18 Hornet Family Conversion but to my disappointment the Australian variant and models of the EA-18GGrowler and FA-18F Super Hornet weren't included.
What I would like to know is there any plans for these in the near future and also will the Tindal Package ever get an upgrade.

cheers Noel
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: FA 18 Family

Post by Firebird »

The reason that they weren't included is simply that we never released them.
They were in fact released by one of our developers stand alone.

What you can do though is either search for RAAF in our downloads section or you can visit the Owls Nest http://www.owlsnest.eu/aiaircraft.php to find the links to them easy enough.

At this moment we do not have enough developers to produce packages ourselves so the chances are that the official package will not get an update but you never know. What sort of an upgrade were you actually thinking of?
Steve
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: FA 18 Family

Post by hschuit »

Noel, the NBGAI RAAF legacy Hornets were converted to P3Dv4 format in July this year by Graham Eccleston:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... conversion

Note that these new models will only display in P3Dv4, not in FSX.

Henk.