The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Tavis AFB C-17 taking all of the parking

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
jpf813
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Tavis AFB C-17 taking all of the parking

Post by jpf813 »

Hello All,

Quick question on how to fix this, I installed the travis afb package and then the west coast c-5 package.

After that, I did the west coast c-17.

When the scenery came up, all of the C-5's were gone and the rest of the parking was filled with C-17 and only one kc-10 popped up..

Any idea on how to fix this? I know there should be at least a few more c-5's and kc-10 at travis.

Thanks!

Jon
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Tavis AFB C-17 taking all of the parking

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like it could be one of two things.
Either you have duplicate traffic files for the C-17s so they fill the place up, or the size of the parking spaces is wrong for FSX.

It should be easy enough to check for the duplicate traffic. I once discovered I had duplicate files for Coningsby, after about 14 months.

The key thing for me here is that you said you loaded the Travis package, then the two AMC West Coast packages.
The thing is that we haven't released a Travis package. Are you talking about either the Travis scenery released by John Stinstrom or the FSX mod by Aaron Penn?

If so both contain traffic files to fill up the base. You need to remove those traffic files if you are loading up our packages as well or you will have double the amount of traffic and there is your problem.
Steve
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

Most likely a duplicate traffic issue. John Stinstrom included some updated traffic files in his scenery which calls the C-17's included in the AMC West C-17 package from MAIW, so if you've installed the flightplans from that package, you have twice the C-17's intended.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Just installed into P3D, but not the additional C-17, F-16, or Flying Club traffic .bgls JS included. Showing all Travis based C-17s and transients fine.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris