The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Matrix installation and activation question

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Matrix installation and activation question

Post by Emile »

hello,
I run 4.2 on Win10 x64,
I have installed several addons and do use the XXX.cfg method I do NOT use the "Add-ons" folder and the XML format .
Matrix install in the Add-ons and use the .xml....

My question: conflicts risks?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
My organisation.jpg
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1050 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64,
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Matrix installation and activation question

Post by Greg »

Hi Emile,

Well first... you really should look into the add-on.xml method. It is so much more elegant than fiddling with your the cfg files. :wink:

That being said, yes there is a chance you'll have conflicts if you keep the xml files enabled. That is why I wrote this part in the readme:
10. Settings
(...)
The “Rename add-on.xml” toggle button allows having the extension of any created add-on.xml files renamed to “.off”. Doing so prevents any installed packages from being automatically recognised by P3Dv4. This is particularly useful if you select a temporary folder as installation path and want to manually move elements of the packages to your P3Dv4 setup. Note that changing the toggle button will only have effect on future package installations (...)
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: Matrix installation and activation question

Post by Emile »

Hello Greg,
Thanks for the information .
I will look at the XML use...;) ..later
Have a nice day.
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1050 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64,