The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW Object Libraries for FSX/P3D in P3D v4

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Dan213
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

MAIW Object Libraries for FSX/P3D in P3D v4

Post by Dan213 »

Hi there,

Really hope this is the correct place to post these but I have been absent from here and flightsim for an extended period of time. I've been working on some new RAF Fairford scenery for FSX and P3D 1-4. I've been making use of the MAIW object libraries, and within this, primarily the MAIW_ABO library as it has so many fantastic objects in it. It works great in FSX but for some reason I can't seem to get the objects to show up in P3D v4 (I have placed the objects using ADE). As a test, i've even recompled the MAIW_ABO_FSX.bgl in ModelConverter to see if that solves to problem but I still have the same issue. What's also odd is the fact that these objects are recognised in and display in simdirector in P3D so they are obviously being recognised somehow. Other objects from the libraries seem to work great in both FSX and P3D (Euromil, Aircraft shelters etc) but it's just this ABO file, which unfortunately includes most of the objects I have placed that I seem to be having problems with.

Has anyone else had any issues with this or is it just me? If the issue is that this is 100% not P3D4 compatible then no worries

Thanks

Dan
Dan213
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: MAIW Object Libraries for FSX/P3D in P3D v4

Post by Dan213 »

Edit: I have also tried downloading the Davis Monthan scenery from the downloads section that says it is v4 compatible and appears to use this object library. Similary, other objects such as aircraft shelters and grass topped hangars from the other MAIW object libraries are present, but nothing appears to be showing from the MAIW ABO bgl

Thanks again

Dan
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: MAIW Object Libraries for FSX/P3D in P3D v4

Post by Firebird »

Hi Dan,
Unfortunately I can't help here as I don't have the version that you need help with.

Hopefully somebody with that version will be able to offer you some advice soon.
Steve